Four Things To Do After Purchasing Travel Insurance
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 6591 -
Updated date : 16 December 2019
What happens after you purchase travel insurance? Generally, most of us assume that by buying the insurance policy our job is done; however, that’s not the case. Chances are that you might have picked the right plan based on your needs but if you didn’t, then you may have to start from square one.
Following are the four pointers to consider after purchasing travel insurance to ensure that you have the right coverage you need for your trip. Here’s what you need to do after you purchase a plan:
1. Collect All Relevant Policy Documents:
After purchasing the travel insurance policy, you will receive an email confirmation. This is your confirmation document, which will include a general information about your plan that includes your policy number and effective dates. Most importantly, it includes the emergency contact numbers which you can use to call the insurance company in case you face any issues during your trip.
Print the emergency contact numbers and carry it with you. It is also advisable to carry an extra copy with you. You may store the other copy on ‘cloud’ on your email server or Google Docs so you can access it from anywhere in the world.
2. Review Your Policy, Certification, or Description of Coverage:
All travel insurance companies provide a free look period which is a set number of days after purchase of the plan in which you can review your plan and return it for a full refund in case you are not satisfied. This is applicable in case you have not filed a claim or left for your trip.
it is advised to take advantage of this time to read the policy, certificate, or description of coverage and make sure you fully understand the coverage in the plan.
3. Read the Exclusions section:
This is another part of using your free look period wisely. The policy, certificate, or description of the coverage will have a section of exclusions that lists cases in which the coverage is not provided. Read this section carefully and make sure you understand the coverage fully.
4. Contact your insurance company immediately with any claim questions:
This is very important. If you have any situations where you think you will have a claim, contact the insurance company immediately. Thinking to change the policy or need to clear any insurance related doubts, call your insurer.
The insurer will be able to advise you on your situation, answer coverage questions, and arrange support if necessary. Most travel insurers offer 24*7 toll-free support; therefore, make the best use of it.
The easiest way to compare plans is to use a comparison website. In doing so, you get travel insurance quotes from all companies at the same time with the help of a comparison tool. You can check the coverage side-by-side, compare prices, and make the purchase online using a credit card.
- Most Read
- 7 Things To Know Before Claiming International Travel Insurance
Date: 31 December 2019
- Top 8 Tips to Follow When Travelling to Thailand in 2020
Date: 27 November 2019
- These 9 Important Things That Every Frequent Overseas Traveller Should Have
Date: 14 November 2019
- How Important is to Buy Travel Insurance when Travelling to the US?
Date: 05 November 2019
- International Travel Insurance Myths You Got to Stop Believing
Date: 20 August 2019
- 10 Best Travel Insurance Plans for Your New Year Travel
Views : 12499
- What are the benefits of International Travel Insurance?
Views : 12282
- How to Get the Best Deals on Travel Insurance?
Views : 10915
- International Travel Insurance Plans
Views : 10011
- How Trip Cancellation Affects Your Travel Insurance
Views : 8578
- Income Tax Calculator
- Other Calculators
- Pension Calculator
- Savings Calculator
- Save Regularly
- Actual Savings
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator
- Travel Insurance Calculator
- Annuity Calculator
- NPS Calculator