Is It Worth to Buy Trip Cancellation Insurance?
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 2423 -
Updated date : 03 February 2021
Travel insurance is necessary when it can cover most of the risk factors in a very efficient way. Before buying a travel insurance policy, you should find out the positive factors and negative factors both. If you are travelling to a distant country as a student, you should buy a student travel insurance plan. It covers the risks associated with the journey, luggage, and documents. If you are travelling to new places on holidays as an individual or group, it is worthy to buy a comprehensive travel insurance plan.
Situations where Travel Insurance May not be required
- Planning the Trip at the Last Minute - If you are planning a trip at the last minute, you may not require a travel insurance plan. Even though you can buy the best travel insurance policy offered by a reputed insurance company, to cover the uncertainties of the trip, but you can avoid it, if you are going on a domestic trip that is planned in the last minute.
- Budget Local Trips - Budget local trips do not cost you much. The time, effort, and money spent on the insurance policy do not substantiate your case. If your pre-paid expenses are very high, you can buy a travel insurance policy which covers the trip cancellation as well.
Why is Travel Insurance Necessary?
Beyond the trip cancellation, there are various scenarios where travel insurance comes to your rescue. For example, student travel insurance policies cover expenses arising out of emergency hospitalization (due to health issue or accident), loss of checked-in baggage, loss of travel documents (passport, visa), tuition fee loss, bail bonds, and delay or cancellation of the flight. A student pursuing studies in a foreign country should buy the best travel insurance policy to cover various kinds of risk factors. Some foreign universities insist on buying insurance cover of a certain amount to cover specific risk factors.
Trip Cancellation Coverage
Cancelling foreign trip can take you to great financial loss. However, if your travel insurance plan covers the risk of trip cancellation, you get the best compensation. Therefore, you should compare various plans offered by different insurance companies and they should settle for the best plan as per your needs.
Trip cancellation coverage is offered by the following insurance companies:
- Bajaj Allianz
- Apollo Munich
- TATA AIG
- Future Generali
Risks Covered by a Travel Insurance Plan
- Emergency medical charges
- Medical evacuation
- Body repatriation
- Loss of checked-in package
- Delay of checked-in luggage
- Trip delay
- Studies interruption
- Fraudulent payment form payment card
- Childcare benefits
- Emergency accommodation benefit
- Mental health issues
- Personal liability
Before travelling to the destination, you can cancel the trip at any time and the valid reason should be substantiated to the insurance company. You should follow the trip cancellation procedure as per the guidelines of your insurer.
You should provide a written notice to the insurance company at least 15 days prior to the journey date. The information such as insurance policy number, passport number, and the reason for trip cancellation should be shared with the insurance company.
Comparison of Travel Insurance Policies
You can use various online resources to research insurance products of different insurance companies. After assessing your risk factors, you can choose a policy that best fulfils your needs. The best travel insurance policy can be subscribed online by paying the lowest premium and including maximum features.
You can also find out the policy claim process and the policy claim settlement ratio of the insurance company online. The insurance company offers the best support in India as well as the travelling country so that the purpose of the insurance policy is fulfilled to the full potential extent.
It is worthy to buy a trip cancellation policy when you are on an international tour. You should also cover your trip when you are travelling abroad as a student. There are various kinds of risk factors a student can overcome by buying a comprehensive travel insurance policy at the lowest premium. You can explore options after comparing different plans offered by various travel insurance companies. By buying such insurance plans, you can avoid most of the financial issues during your travel and can overcome the stress easily, if some uncertainty happens.
- Most Read
- 7 EU Countries & Switzerland Allow Indians Fully Vaccinated with Covishield to Visit
Date: 02 July 2021
- Ten Countries That Are Open for Indians to Travel Right Now
Date: 25 June 2021
- What Is Vaccine Passport? Reason Behind India Opposing The Idea At International Fora
Date: 23 June 2021
- COVID-19 Vaccine Certificate to Get Linked to Your Passport
Date: 23 June 2021
- Don’t Forget to Buy Travel Insurance for Tokyo 2021 Olympics Trip
Date: 21 June 2021
- Best Travel Insurance Policies in India
Views : 69192
- Benefits of Buying a Travel Insurance Plan for Your Next Holiday
Views : 25657
- Best Travel Insurance Companies in India
Views : 21105
- Travel Insurance or International Health Insurance: Which is the Best Option for You?
Views : 11889
- How to Claim Compensation for Lost, Delayed or Damaged Luggage
Views : 11850