A Quick Guide to Submit Student Travel Insurance Claim
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 735 -
Updated date : 26 December 2019
Even the mere thought of studying abroad in your dream university excites and enthrals you much. Studying abroad will not just open millions of opportunities for you to explore but will also be a benchmark in your career. Contemplating abroad is fun and is to be sure a groundbreaking choice; be that as it may, it joins a better than average measure of dangers. On the off chance that you are intending to consider outside India and remain abroad for a drawn-out period, it is critical to buy international travel insurance for students and make trip protection to dispose of finance-related risks.
Why Student Travel Insurance
When studying abroad it is essential to shield yourselves from uneventful and perilous situations like an accident, illness, robbery, etc.
Envision a scenario wherein a student falls ill in abroad. The medical expenses are on a higher side; therefore, the expenses do not become a reason for your worry it is advisable to purchase student health insurance, which covers the expenses incurred during the sickness period.
Moreover, it is highly recommended to get travel insurance once the student travelling abroad confirms you. Buying an international travel insurance policy for students to provide the student with the protection they need to avoid large financial losses.
As much easy, to get travel insurance seems making a claim is an exhausting process in itself.
Important tips to Submit a Claim
Claiming under your travel insurance looks like a hassle. While buying international travel insurance it is important to understand the claim process as well. In case if you have any query, feel free to connect with the customer care assistance and get your doubts clarified. Below mentioned are some tips, which will help you when submitting student travel insurance claim as follows:
- Contact the Company’s International Representative: In case you need to make a claim, the first thing you need to do is get in touch with the insurer’s representative in the country. It is to be noted that every insurance company has a tie-up with representatives who are servicing international in various countries. While buying the international travel insurance for a student it is advisable to take the contact details of the representative. In case, if you miss the contact details of the representative visit the website of the insurance company and call on the emergency claim assistance number. Once you are connected to the right person, they will guide you through the entire process of making a claim.
- Necessary Documents: When you get travel insurance it is processed and approved based on the documents you had submitted. Likewise, while you need to make a claim the documents should be ready and handy. If you miss any important document, it will jeopardize the claim settlement process. It is important to understand that the documents hold an important aspect in the process of claim. While submitting the claim form along with the documents it is advisable to make a copy of all the documents.
- Inform the Authorities: Not always but it is possible in some situation you may have to involve the authorities. In case if you lose your passport or your baggage even if you have bought baggage insurance, you need to inform the local authorities and accordingly file a report regarding the loss. Once you file the report of the loss, do not forget to keep a copy of the same. While submitting travel insurance claim you will need to submit the report.
- Know the Travel Policy Limit: It is important to know the limit of your policy. On the off chance if you claim beyond the limit it will be rejected by default or you might be reimbursed partially. It is advisable to keep your precious belongings at home if in case you are carrying it then documents the belongings with images and receipts.
- Exclusions and Deductibles: When you get a travel insurance plan there are certain things, which are uncovered. Besides, under covered features their deductibles, which implies to the limit of claim payable by you. In case of any claim, check whether it is included or excluded under the travel insurance plan bought by you. If it is covered, know the deductible limit and understand that the claim beyond the deductible would only be paid by the plan. You can find the list of exclusions and the deductible limits while buying international travel insurance.
- Carefully Fill the Form: While filling the claim form explain the complete incident. Do not miss any details when reporting the claim. Giving the information appropriately helps the insurance company to figure out the claim and the amount payable.
In the bottom line
Buying international travel insurance can cost you an additional but prospectively it saves you thousands when something goes wrong. However, you should put in the time and effort to make your case appears to the insurance provider.
While buying international travel insurance or student health insurance it is of prime importance to understand the wordings of the policy, going thoroughly to the terms and conditions and ensuring that you have adequate informed knowledge of the policy, which will help you gain the maximum benefits from the policy, you bought.
Claiming under the travel insurance in India is not a troublesome errand if you know these tips, which help you with your claim. While you can search and get travel insurance online effectively, knowing these claim tips is essential to make a successful and fruitful claim. So, keep these tips handy and know how to raise a claim in your travel insurance policy.
- Most Read
- A Quick Guide to Submit Student Travel Insurance Claim
Date: 26 December 2019
- 10 Common Exclusions under a Student Travel Insurance Plan
Date: 28 November 2019
- Things to Know Before Buying Student Travel Insurance
Date: 13 November 2019
- Reasons Why Comparison of Student Travel Insurance Is Important
Date: 05 November 2019
- A Quick Guide to Student Travel Insurance
Date: 21 June 2019
- Best Student Travel Insurance Plans in India
Views : 26900
- Why To Buy Overseas Student Travel Insurance?
Views : 9079
- Things You Should Know While Planning Your Studies Abroad
Views : 7990
- Best Features covered under Student Travel Insurance!
Views : 7919
- Myths Busted about Student Travel Insurances
Views : 7413
- Income Tax Calculator
- Other Calculators
- Pension Calculator
- Savings Calculator
- Save Regularly
- Actual Savings
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator
- Travel Insurance Calculator
- Annuity Calculator
- NPS Calculator