Imperial College London Student Health Insurance
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 2241 -
Updated date : 18 December 2019
Imperial College London - Overview
Ranked 8th in the world in the QS World University Rankings in 2019, Imperial College London is among the famous educational institutes in the UK, focusing exclusively on engineering, science, medicine and business. The university offers a research-led study environment where there is no short-cuts and an opportunity to work across multi-cultural, multi-national teams.
Imperial College London for Foreign Students
Being counted among the top universities globally, Imperial College welcomes hordes of students from 140 different countries every year. The university runs a welcome programme to make the students comfortable with the university culture. There are 45 societies specially dedicated to international students. The university was founded in the year 1907. With four basic faculties, the university believes in offering world-class education and creating leaders worldwide.
Entry Essentials for Imperial College London
The minimum entry requirement is as follows:
- Visa Requirement: To enter the country for pursuing studies from Imperial College, owning 4 tier visa is essential.
- Valid Passport: A valid passport is a must to travelling to Oxford for pursuing studies. The passport must be valid for six months or beyond to justify your course of stay.
- Visa Waiver Programme: Under the VWP scheme, one can stay in the country up to 90 days without a valid Visa. This USA scheme includes 38 foreign countries that facilitate the travellers with VWP facility.
- ESTA Authorisation:To enter Oxford city under VWP, one must have ESTA approval, which urges the travellers to furnish specified information before they travel to their dream city.
- Student Travel Insurance: when most of the foreign universities offer health insurance to its students, Imperial College London offers travel and personal property insurance that covers the students during the contingency listed in the policy document. Student Travel Insurance can be handy to mitigate those additional expenses arising out of a medical emergency or other travel related risks. But, here is the catch...
Travel insurance offered by Imperial College London may prove to be way more expensive for foreign students, especially one from India, due to the ever-increasing value of the pound against the Indian rupee. Hence, it is recommended to buy international travel insurance with comprehensive health coverage for Indian aspirants willing to go to London for studies.
Admission Requirements for Imperial College London
There are certain stages of requirement form taking admission in Imperial College that needs to be met by the students. To get an admission in imperial College applicants must make an online application through UCAS. The website has step-wise instructions to initiate the application process. One can apply for five programmes under an admission circle. Basically, Imperial accepts three types of applications through UCAS
- School or college students registered with UCAS
- Independent aspirants in the UK
- Foreign applicants outside the UK
The admission requirement for individual countries is available on the official website as well. For foreign students coming from India has to fulfil the minimum requirement that involves:
- 90% score in five subjects with a score of 90 to 95% in relevant subjects
- A rank on the common merit list from a good performance in the JEE may also be required
Those who are unable to attend an interview will have to complete an additional application stage, which involves an open-ended technical question. Moreover, an English language proficiency test is required to complete the application process.
Top Attractions for Students near Imperial College London
There is a reason why people from different parts of the world visit this heavenly place. The city thrives on diversity which showcases a different world with streets packed with restaurants, music avenues, comedy, historical and cultural attractions etc. have made it worth a visit. For the same reason, Imperial College is one of the most sought-after education institutes that attract hordes of students across the globe. The most famous tourist attractions include:
- Albert Memorial
- Natural History Museum
- Science Museum
- Imperial College Sports Centre
- Goethe Institute
- Royal Albert Hall
- Royal Geographical Society with IBG
Shopping Attractions for Students near Imperial College London
London city is famous for offering unique shopping options that attract shopaholics from the globe. The products available in the markets reflect the rich heritage and culture of the country. There are many things to cherish for foreign students as well studying at Imperial College. Being the centre location of the city, the campus is surrounded by many shopping points that fulfil every requirement of a student. To name a few:
- Union Shop
- Brick Lane
- Petticoat Lane
Hotels near Imperial College London
Accommodation is the most important aspect to be considered while applying for a foreign university. In this regard, Imperial College believes in offering the best to its students. There are directly-owned halls that offer a healthy and safe environment, private accommodations etc. Some of the living options within the campus are:
- Central Studios Ealing
- Spring Mews
- Glassyard Building
- Mannequin House
- More House
- Park House
- Helen Graham House
Eating Options near Imperial College London
From decade-old classics to hot new arrivals, London has many things to please one's taste buds. The place is no short of restaurants that serve delicious foods. When in Imperial College, the students will never feel out of options to eat. With many alternatives, knowing which one to try can be tricky, however, some of the options that simply can’t be missed within and around the campus include:
- Taste Imperial
- Eastside Restaurant and Bar
- Sir Alexander Fleming Cafe
- Ex Libris Cafe
- RCM Restaurant
- Royal School of Mines
Imperial College London Transport for Students
Situated in the central location of London, the majority of university staff and students prefer to commute by public transport. Cycling is also promoted as it doesn’t contribute to pollution. Moreover, the Imperial College Car Club offers an access to electric vehicles which can be used free of cost. There is inter-campus travel facility for the staff to commute from one campus to another. An 18+ Student Oyster Card is the cheapest option to be used in underground, buses or trains. To avail this pass, one must be 18 years old and have registered for full-time courses at Imperial College.
Local Law and Etiquette to follow in Imperial College London
Drinking Age - Foreign students are not allowed to consume alcohol before the age 18. Moreover, those who are 18 or more, will have to furnish a valid identity proof to buy alcohol around the campus.
Smoking age - The official smoking age is 18 years for the foreign students pursuing studies in the Imperial College London.
If Imperial College London is in your study abroad bucket list, we hope you find this information handy to be au fait with the educational culture and etiquettes of the university.
- Most Read
- A Quick Guide to Submit Student Travel Insurance Claim
Date: 26 December 2019
- 10 Common Exclusions under a Student Travel Insurance Plan
Date: 28 November 2019
- Things to Know Before Buying Student Travel Insurance
Date: 13 November 2019
- Reasons Why Comparison of Student Travel Insurance Is Important
Date: 05 November 2019
- A Quick Guide to Student Travel Insurance
Date: 21 June 2019
- Best Student Travel Insurance Plans in India
Views : 30382
- Why To Buy Overseas Student Travel Insurance?
Views : 9805
- Things You Should Know While Planning Your Studies Abroad
Views : 8777
- Best Features covered under Student Travel Insurance!
Views : 8625
- Myths Busted about Student Travel Insurances
Views : 8076