Universal Sompo Pravasi Bhartiya Bima Yojana
Universal Sompo Pravasi Bhartiya Bima Yojana Policy Overview
The policy offers coverage to those emigrants who have bought this policy before leaving India and whose passport bears “Emigration Check Required”. There are various benefits available under this plan which a policyholder can enjoy only after finalizing the insurance contract but it should be during the tenure of the insurance.
Eligibility - This policy is only available to Indian citizens who are in the age band of 18-65 years whilst staying abroad and who possess valid visa for the employment only.
Coverage in Universal Sompo Pravasi Bhartiya Bima Yojana
The policy offers coverage in respect of the following situations-
- Personal Accident
- Transportation and airfare for attendant
- Hospitalization expenses and maternity expenditure
- Employment contingencies & repatriation expenses
- Legal costs
What is Not Covered in Universal Sompo Pravasi Bhartiya Bima Yojana?
The insurer doesn’t pay in respect of the following-
- For any claim which arises before the commencement of the policy coverage and after the policy expiration
- Any claim which arises after the expiration of passport or VISA for the insured
- For any claim arises out of mental disorder, stress, depression, venereal disease, HIV, etc.
- Any claim which is the result of war and warlike occurrence or invasion
- Participation in any type of motor speed contest
Note - It is not the complete list of inclusions and exclusions. Please check the policy wordings for more details.
How to Cancel Universal Sompo Pravasi Bhartiya Bima Yojana insurance Policy?
You can cancel the policy by sending 30 days written. You will be entitled to get refund of the premium on the pro-data basis for the unexpired policy duration, provided no claim has been made. The company allows the refund on the following scale
|Risk Period||Rate of Premium to be Charged|
|Up to 2 months||1/4 of premium|
|Up to 6 months||1/2 of the premium|
|Up to 1 year||3/4 of the premium|
|Exceeding 1 year||Full premium|
- Apollo Munich Travel Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Travel Insurance
- Bharti AXA Travel Insurance
- Cholamandalam Travel Insurance
- Future Generali Travel Insurance
- HDFC Ergo Travel Insurance
- IFFCO Tokio Travel Insurance
- National Insurance Travel Insurance
- New India Assurance Travel Insurance
- Oriental Travel Insurance
- Reliance Travel Insurance
- Royal Sundaram Travel Insurance
- SBI Travel Insurance
- Tata AIG Travel Insurance
- United India Travel Insurance
- Universal Sompo Travel Insurance
- 12 Amazing Places to Visit in India Before They Vanish
- Our Guide to Travelling with Your Kids on a Plane
- How to Claim Compensation for Lost, Delayed or Damaged Luggage
- 10 Travel Tips for Your First International Travel
- How to Plan the Perfect Road Trip Anywhere In India
- Travel Advice: Travel Insurance for Cancer Sufferers