Max Bupa Heartbeat Platinum Plan
Max Bupa Heartbeat Platinum plan is a comprehensive health cover to protect you against those unplanned expenses arising out of a medical emergency. The policy can be availed in individual and floater sum insured basis with two variants namely Gold and Platinum. Let’s know about one of its variants Heartbeat Platinum.
Why Choose Max Bupa Heartbeat Platinum Plan?
The advantages of Heartbeat Platinum card that make it worth buying are:
- The policy can be availed two different variants like Gold & Platinum with a higher sum insured
- The insurer offers discounts on premium for a long-term policy of 2 years
- There is no minimum or a maximum age limit to avail this policy
- The insured is eligible to avail reward on premium paid
- Tax benefit on premium paid under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961
- Loyalty rewards are offered if the policy is renewed continuously
- The policy comes with lifelong renewability
Max Bupa Heartbeat Policy Features and Coverage
|Coverage Category||Scope of Cover|
|Multiple sum insured options to choose from||Rs. 15/20/50 lakh and 1 cr.|
|Pre-Hospitalisation Expense||60 days|
|Post-Hospitalisation Expense||90 days|
|Global treatment for specific illnesses||Covered|
|Childcare Benefit||Covered up to the age of 12 years|
|Enrollment age||Any age enrollment|
|Hospital Cash||In case of hospitalisation for a minimum period of 48 hours, hospital cash for 30 days|
|Loyalty Addition||10% enhancement of sum insured for continuous renewal of the policy|
|Second medical opinion||Available in case of specific illness|
|Organ Transplant Cover||Expenses of an organ donor while transplanting an organ|
Waiting Period Clause
- Cooling Off Period: A 90 days cooling-off period is applied for all claims. During which no claim will be accepted, except the accidental claims
- Specific Illnesses: The policy will cover some specific illnesses such as Cataract, Myomectomy for Fibroids, Hysterectomy, after a waiting period of 2 years.
- Pre-existing Illness: Any claim arising out of a pre-existing illness will be entertained after a waiting period of 24 months.
Permanent Exclusions of Max Bupa Platinum Policy
The Platinum plan of Max Bupa will not cover any liabilities arising out of the following conditions-
- Attempted suicide
- Congenital disease
- Treatment of AIDS/HIV
- Injury due to abuse of alcohol or drug
- Pregnancy, childbirth, miscarriage, and abortion
- Hospitalization out of war, riot, strike and nuclear weapons
- Infertility and in vitro fertilization.
For the comprehensive list of exclusions, please refer to the fine print of the policy.
Max Bupa Heartbeat Policy Claim Settlement Process
Max Bupa health insurance can be claimed in two ways:
Cashless claims are only available at Max Bupa network hospitals where the insured can avail healthcare services free of cost. To avail this service:
- Carry your Max Bupa health card and submit along with an ID such as PAN Card/Voter’ ID/Passport etc.
- The hospital authority will verify your identity and submit the pre-authorisation request on your behalf
- After receiving the application, the insurer will review the request and takes a decision. The same will be conveyed to the hospital. If the insurer approves your request, you can avail cashless services.
- The hospital bills are directly settled by the insurance company
If Max Bupa heartbeat policyholder has not chosen a network hospital and availed the treatment from a non-network hospital, he/she can claim the insurance through the reimbursement process. To initiate the process first settle the bills on your own and collect all the related documents including the original bills, discharge summary, doctor’s report etc.
Fill the claim form and submit along with the supporting documents. Don’t forget to attach the original bills along with the receipts.
The insurer will review your case and after verifying the documents, will make a decision on whether to approve or reject your claim.
The insurer reimburses you the approved amount in your bank account. If not then the insurer will intimate the reason of rejection within a stipulated time frame.
Document Required For Claim Process
- Max Bupa Health Card
- Max Bupa Heartbeat Policy number
- PAN Card
- Voter’s ID
- Driving License
- Aditya Birla Health Insurance
- Apollo Munich Health Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance
- Bharti AXA Health Insurance
- Cholamandalam Health Insurance
- Digit Health Insurance
- Edelweiss Health Insurance
- Future Generali Health Insurance
- HDFC Ergo Health Insurance
- IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance
- Kotak Mahindra Health Insurance
- Liberty Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Health Insurance
- National Health Insurance
- New India Health Insurance
- Oriental Health Insurance
- Raheja QBE Health Insurance
- Reliance Health Insurance
- Religare Health Insurance
- Royal Sundaram Health Insurance
- SBI Health Insurance
- Star Health Insurance
- Tata AIG Health Insurance
- United India Health Insurance
- Universal Sompo Health Insurance
- Can Health Insurance Save you From Cancer Expenses?
- Why Critical Illness Cover is Important in the Basic Term Insurance Plan?
- National Insurance- Varishtha Mediclaim Policy for the Golden Years
- Things to Know Before Picking a Health Insurance Plan
- Health Card vs. Health Insurance with OPD Coverage
- India's Great Healthcare Challenge, Also an Opportunity
- Savings Calculator
- Income Tax Calculator
- Human Life Value Calculator
- Pension Calculator
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator