Is Visitor Insurance Canada Missing On Your Travel Itinerary for Canada?
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 546 -
Updated date : 05 March 2020
Have you started packing up your bags for your visit to Canada? Surely, by now you would have completed your shopping. Wait! Did you buy visitor insurance Canada? Thinking why should you buy visitor insurance for Canada?
Honestly, Canada is a destination, which is indeed more than a place on the world map. A country where you have so much to explore, and more than that you have so much to connect.
Canada is surely a destination for all those travellers who are open-minded and for those who are bold, courageous and curious.
If you are a non-Canadian resident visiting Canada then you would surely need a valid passport and a Canada visa to enter Canada.
Once you book your flight tickets for Canada and you obtain the Canada visa the next thing to do is buy a visitor insurance Canada, which is neglected by most of the travellers as they do not consider it worth buying.
However, the travellers do not realize that in case of any unforeseen event, it is the travel insurance for Canada visitors that will come at their rescue and leave the travellers without any stress.
The best visitor insurance for Canada will provide you with a comprehensive coverage when you are at a foreign land and will provide all essential health and travel-related cover. It is your utmost responsibility to choose for the best travel insurance online and make an informed choice by comparing various travel insurance quotes and then zero down the best visitor insurance Canada.
Make sure that you are covered for every activity that you intend to do in Canada. Visitors generally plan for activities such as skiing, snowboarding or whitewater rafting and so on. We want you to come back from the trip with a frame of happy and cherishable memories for a lifetime.
Before You Take Off For Canada
Now, before you get on board for flying to Canada, there are some important aspects that you must know before landing on the Land of Maple Syrup or the Land of Snow ‘Canada’.
Let us get started!
Canada is Vast
Canada is a country, which is vast and if you are travelling to Canada for a shorter period then you need to plan your visit. If you think that in a short time you will be able to explore the whole of Canada then you are wrong. Therefore, we suggest that you cover a section of Canada, which implies that focus on one region and this will help you to spend sufficient time and you can rejoice the time of your life rather than rushing here and there.
Whether you are visiting Canada for a shorter period or for a long period your luggage should have sufficient warm clothes to keep you covered throughout. Even when visiting Canada during the summers then also there are chances that you might experience thunderstorms on the prairies and the temperature goes down at the mountains in nights. Carry a toque, which is a warm woollen hat, gloves and scarf to wrap around your face to avoid getting sick. Although, you will have a visitor insurance Canada to take care of the hospitalization expenses however prevention is better than the cure.
Obtain Your ETA visa in Advance
In case, you are unaware now travelling to Canada requires ETA, which stands for Electronic Travel Authorization, which is a mandate for all the visa free-nationals apart from America. It essentially depends on the fact where you belong. And before you take off for Canada, obtaining an ETA is a simple process, which can be completed online for, which you will be required a valid passport, a working email address and credit card. All you need to do is provide the basic personal information and pay the fees incurred towards the same. Generally, an ETA is granted within minutes, which is valid for 5 years. Remember, while travelling to Canada carry the same passport that you used when applying for the ETA.
Try Couchsurfing For Living
Well, when in Canada give Couchsurfing a try. In case, you have not heard in regards to the concept then we will let you know, so, it is an online platform that allows the travellers to live with the locals of the country in one of their spare bedrooms or the couch. This is a good option and should be considered by any traveller as a local can give you better insights about the place. Besides, living in hotels in Canada is an expensive task. However, you have the alternative of getting an accommodation in any of the hostels but even that is a costly affair. So if you want to save big on the accommodation, you may try Couchsurfing.
Explore the Outdoors
No doubt visiting cities like Vancouver, Toronto is fun and you have plenty of things to do. However, we suggest that if time permits you try and explore the vast Canadian wilderness. There are vast areas, which are unexplored right from the mountains, coastal rainfalls to island and lakes. There is simply so much to explore. And if you are somebody looking forward to any of the sports or adventure activity make sure that you have visitor insurance Canada and you are adequately covered.
Important Points That You Need To Know
Now, we want you that have the safest and hassle-free journey. We have compiled some important pointers that might help you during your stay in Canada. Take a look below:
- French and English are primarily the official languages spoken in Canada.
- The currency used in Canada is Canadian Dollars.
- Do not end up paying too much in Canada. Monitor your daily expenses and keep a tap on the same.
- Contact your network provider and avail best international cell phone plan or else you will end up paying hefty bills.
- As much as possible, use free wifi hotspots.
- Use messaging applications such as Viver, WeChat for text and audio messaging.
- If you know your move ahead of time then it is recommended to use coupon sites and avail discounts and grab good deals.
- Try hot dogs and sausages selling at the corners of the street.
- If possible, take a free walking tour as this is a great way to explore the enriched history of any location.
- If travelling between cities or provinces, you can opt for ride-sharing services as well.
- While travelling in and around Canada carry water and some handy eatables such as Sandwiches, etc.
- Tipping is expected in Canada for the services provided.
- Although Canada is a safe destination, however, you should always trust your gut instincts and inform the authorities in case of any doubt or you find anything shady.
Best Visitor Insurance Canada From India
Below is the table with the list of insurance companies providing best and cheap visitor insurance Canada from India:
- Reliance Travel Insurance
- Religare Travel Insurance
- Bharti AXA Travel Insurance
- Tata AIG Travel Insurance
- HDFC ERGO Health Travel Insurance
- Royal Sundaram Travel Insurance
- Shriram Travel Insurance
Contact Details of Insurance Companies For Claims
In the below table is the list of contact numbers, which you can contact in case you require assistance in terms of policy servicing and claims:
HDFC ERGO Health Travel Insurance (formerly known as Apollo Munich)
Bharti AXA Travel Insurance
Reliance Travel Insurance
Religare Travel Insurance
+ 8443013135/ +18443013146
Royal Sundaram Travel Insurance
Shriram Travel Insurance
TATA AIG Travel Insurance
- Most Read
- Travel Insurance and Coronavirus: All You Need To Know About Covid-19
Date: 24 March 2020
- What Does Travel Insurance Cover?
Date: 11 March 2020
- Coronavirus Travel Advisory: All you Need to Know!
Date: 06 March 2020
- Discover the Best of Australia With Visitor Insurance Australia
Date: 05 March 2020
- Is Visitor Insurance Canada Missing On Your Travel Itinerary for Canada?
Date: 28 February 2020
- Best Travel Insurance Policies in India
Views : 61985
- Benefits of Buying a Travel Insurance Plan for Your Next Holiday
Views : 22136
- Best Travel Insurance Companies in India
Views : 17533
- Travel Insurance or International Health Insurance: Which is the Best Option for You?
Views : 10303
- How to Claim Compensation for Lost, Delayed or Damaged Luggage
Views : 10125
- Income Tax Calculator
- Other Calculators
- Pension Calculator
- Savings Calculator
- Save Regularly
- Actual Savings
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator
- Travel Insurance Calculator