Max Bupa General InsuranceIncurred Claim Ratio - 96*
Max Bupa Health General Insurance Company is a joint venture between Max India Limited and the UK based Bupa Finance Plc. Max India Limited a multi-business corporate provider of private healthcare solutions. With a customer base of over 7 million and 310 offices across 216 locations in the country, Max India Limited has a well-entrenched position in its businesses. Bupa, an international healthcare group was established in 1947 as the British United Provident Association. Bupa brings in rich experience of providing health and care to over 29 million customers in more than 190 countries and Max India brings local expertise and service excellence in healthcare and insurance. Together, they provide exemplary products and service in the insurance industry.
Analjit Singh is the Chairman of Max Bupa Health Insurance Company. The company has been awarded the coveted Golden Peacock Award 2015 for its flagship product Heartbeat Health Insurance Plan.
Max Bupa was declared as General Insurer of the Year at the ABP News Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance (BFSI) Awards 2014. It also bagged the ‘IT Leadership Award’ at the Asia Insurance Technology Awards 2014 for effective implementation of business processes. The company was declared as the Health Insurance Company of the year at Indian Insurance Awards 2012. Max Bupa also received a special mention for its innovative and pioneering offering Health Companion Health Insurance Plan.
Max Bupa General Insurance Product Portfolio
Max Bupa Health Plans:
Max Bupa health plans offer customized insurance policies that can cover almost any health need that you might have. There are many choices and you must choose wisely. Health insurance or medical insurance is not just about premium, it is more importantly about what it covers.
- Max Bupa Heart Beat – Individual: The Heartbeat Individual Health cover provides a comprehensive blanket cover for your medical expenses. The cover options come in different amounts – Rs. 5/7.5/10/15/20/50 lakh. The cost of medical treatment is covered in the event of hospitalization. It also covers pre- and post-hospitalisation expenses, cost of day care treatment, organ donation expenses, cost of treatment at home and emergency ambulances services.
- Max Bupa Heart Beat – Family Floater: Max Bupa’s Heartbeat Family Floater policy is an all-round health insurance plan providing a comprehensive blanket cover to the entire family. It helps prepare for future medical expenses with comprehensive cover options of Rs. 5/7.5/10/15/20/50 lakh. It insures against pre-, post- and in-hospitalisation expenses. It also takes care of expenses related to day care treatment, organ donation, home treatment, emergency ambulance services, maternity, new-born baby and vaccinations.
- Max Bupa Heartbeat – Family First: Heartbeat Family First Insurance offers coverage for up to 14 family members with an individual sum insured for everyone, and a floating sum insured accessible to any family member. The policy covers pre-, post- and in-hospitalisation expenses as well as other expenses such for day care treatment, organ donation, home treatment, emergency ambulance services, maternity, new-born baby and vaccinations.
- Health Assurance – Critical Illness: The critical illness plan by Max Bupa provides cover against 20 critical illnesses. The policy comes with an option of a 2-year tenure and with a lifetime renewal option. The claims can be settled directly without the involvement of any third parties. The policy comes with a 15-day free trial period and allows you to save tax under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
- Health Companion Health Insurance Plan – Health Companion – Individual: The Health Companion – Individual plan intends to provide the best care possible at a very affordable price. Sum insured options include Rs. 5/7.5/10/12.5 lakh. You can top up the sum insured with annual aggregate deductible of Rs. 1/2/3/4/5/10 lakh. This individual health insurance policy covers pre-, post- and in-hospitalisation expenses. It also allows for alternative AYUSH (Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy) treatments up to the base sum insured.
- Health Companion Health Insurance Plan – Health Companion – Family Floater: The policy protects the entire family including the insured, his/her spouse and up to 4 children through a comprehensive blanket coverage for medical expenses. Sum insured amounts are available in options of Rs. 5/7.5/10/12.5 lakh. One can top up the sum insured with annual aggregate deductible of Rs. 1/2/3/4/5/10 lakh. Most of the pre-, post- and in-hospitalisation expenses are covered under the policy.
- Health Companion Health Insurance Plan – Health Companion – Family First: The Health plan provides cover for up to 19 family members with an individual sum insured for everyone, and a floating sum insured that is accessible to any family member. Individual sum insured amount comes in option of Rs. 1/2/3/4/5/10 lakh. Floater sum insured amount is available in Rs. 3/4/5/10/15/20 lakh. Sum insured can be topped up with annual aggregate deductible option of Rs. 1/2/3/4/5/10 lakh.
- Hospital Cash: The Hospital Cash cover supplements one’s hospitalization health insurance policy to cover miscellaneous incidental expenses like attendant lodging, nursing costs, transportation expenses, and many more such related expenses. The plan relieves one of the financial burden that is normally associated with hospitalisation. A daily cash benefit up to Rs. 4000 per day for a maximum period of 45 days is available in case of hospitalisation. The cash benefit is doubled in case of admittance into the ICU.
- Group Health Insurance: Max Bupa's Group Health Insurance plan provides health insurance to small as well as large organisations. It offers customised plans that allow businesses to choose up to 32 combinations of base benefits to suit their needs and budget. It also offers a comprehensive health insurance plan for the group’s employees and their family members.
- Employee First Classic Health Insurance: Employee First Classic Health Insurance is a comprehensive health for small and medium enterprises. The sum assured amount ranges from Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 5 lakh. It includes benefits for new parents and their babies, as well as for pregnant women. Small and medium enterprises can opt to add a corporate cover that helps employees to take care of high medical expenses.
- Employee First Health Insurance: Employee First is a comprehensive health scheme and is suited for all size of businesses as well as institutions that need a high sum insured and quality coverage. The sum assured amount ranges from Rs. 1-50 lakh.
Personal accident policy seeks to cover the insured against death or disability arising due to an accident. The biggest advantage of having a personal accident cover is that the neither the scale of injury nor how the injury was sustained matters at the time of claiming relief.
- Group Personal Accident: TheGroup Personal Accident policy by Max Bupa is a comprehensive cover for large and small groups like corporates, communities, associations, bank customers, schools and colleges. The cover includes basic benefits like accidental death, permanent total disability, permanent partial disability and temporary total disability. It also gives the option to pick and choose additional benefits for all or select members of the group. There is also the flexibility to extend the coverage to dependants of group members.
Globe trotters swear by the utility of having a travel insurance policy because with the fun of travelling, there are certain risks also involved, especially if you are in a foreign country and no one to fall back on during an emergency. It offers you protection ranging from medical insurance to baggage theft and against many other unforeseen events, which may occur during the course of your vacation.
It is advisable to compare all Max Bupa Health insurance plans with plans from other general insurance companies in India to choose the best health insurance plan that suits you the most.
Max Bupa Health Distribution Network:
Max Bupa Health Insurance Company provides for its customers easy channels of access to its products through its 24x7 call centre and a transactional website.
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
- SBI General Insurance
- L&T General Insurance
- Raheja QBE General Insurance
- Bharti AXA General Insurance
- Shriram General Insurance
- Universal Sompo General Insurance
- Future Generali General Insurance
- Apollo Munich General Insurance
- Star Health and Allied General Insurance
- Export Credit Guarantee Corporation of India (General Insurance)
- HDFC ERGO General Insurance
- Agriculture Insurance Company (General Insurance)
- Cholamandalam MS General Insurance
- Tata AIG General Insurance
- Reliance General Insurance
- New India Assurance (General Insurance)
- IFFCO Tokio General Insurance
- ICICI Lombard General Insurance
- Oriental General Insurance
- Magma HDI General Insurance
- Liberty Videocon General Insurance
- Cigna TTK Health (General Insurance))