- Rs. 1 CroreTerm Cover @Rs 17/Day
- Tax BenefitsUnder Section 80C & 10(D)
- Extra BenefitsAccidental, Terminal & Critical Illness
- 12 Lac+Families Secured
We promise limited calls
Ways to Reduce the Premium of Life Insurance Policy
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 1658 -
Modified 12 November 2015
There are limited ways to reduce the premium of life insurance policy but is possible. The amount of coverage you purchase, the inclusion of riders and the length of time your coverage is in place are the factors that determine the premium. The challenge is that there are some things about yourself that you simply cannot change. The factors like your age, health and lifestyle accumulates complicated formulas for your specific premium that you have to pay which is compiled by life insurance companies. Some times you may want to reduce your premium as you feel the premium is too high for you. In fact there is a certain ways in which you can lower your premium even if you escape yourself from the high-risk management.
Following are some of the methods to reduce your life insurance premium rates:
- Research is first and foremost step to ensure about Premiums which varies from company to company. There are different functions of the policy tenure and the amount insured. Today, you can also get free aggressive quotes from different companies from several insurance sites. The fact is that you have to feed information to get the correct format you want. Then only you can decide which premium suits you the best.
- You could opt for a huge amount of insurance rather than a small amount at a low rate where you will get more value for your money. For example the rate per Rs.1,000 worth of insurance falls once you pass a certain amount of coverage. For example, you may take Rs.2,40,000 worth insurance and pay Rs.275 per year as premium; or you can buy insurance of Rs.2,50,000 and pay a premium of Rs.260 a year.
- When matter comes on health, it becomes important to all of us. Good Health always results in to good wealth. So try to focus on your health to save on your premium. Quit smoking, start exercising and lose weight will well for you. However your premiums are directly proportional to your health and lifestyle.
- If you are a rider you can also go for an accidental insurance policy which adds to the premium. So be careful with your driving. You have to consider on accidental death and child coverage if you are a rider. You need to observe these policies exactly how they are relevant to you. In fact for a remote eventuality, you should not go on paying a high premium.
- Read and Scrutinize the payment pattern carefully. Make sure that monthly payments are convenient for you. Go through the online sites where you can choose a payment plan and focus on a distinct study between monthly payouts and one-time options. Choose one time payment, if it is a consolidated payment scheme.
- There are thousands of consumers on-line each day searching for more affordable life insurance. You'll find that there are many resources available that allows you to instantly compare rates and plans from the top insurers in the country.
- Do you really need all that coverage? Take inventory of your needs and factor in savings and assets. You may find that you were a bit oversold when your needs were assessed originally.
- Replace your permanent plan with a term insurance plan. This is a common way that most accomplish a rate reduction, but is a tricky territory. Make sure that, if your permanent plan has been building cash value and that you're not shooting yourself in the foot. It may not be in your best interest to get rid of a permanent plan that you've been paying on for years.
- Most Read
- How to Choose Life Insurance Plans According to Your Income?
Date: 22 June 2018
- 10 Risky Cities in India Where One Must Have Life Insurance
Date: 19 June 2018
- Life Insurance is for Poor, Middle Class or Rich People?
Date: 18 June 2018
- 5 Bad Habits & Factors Why One Must Have Life Insurance
Date: 25 May 2018
- When to Terminate Life Insurance Plans?
Date: 25 May 2018
- How to Check LIC Policy Status, Details, Statement via Online/SMS/Call
Views : 1455287
- LIC Online Payment - LIC Premium Payment Options & Process
Views : 201745
- Life Insurance: Checking Policy Status
Views : 75108
- LIC Login Online: Step-by-Step Login Process to LIC website
Views : 69359
- How to Check PLI Status?
Views : 60111