- Rs. 1 CroreTerm Cover @Rs 17/Day
- Tax BenefitsUnder Section 80C & 10(D)
- Extra BenefitsAccidental, Terminal & Critical Illness
- 12 Lac+Families Secured
We promise limited calls
Factors to Consider While Buying a Term Insurance Plan
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 6293 -
Modified 22 January 2018
We all know the importance of having a life insurance plan and the role it plays in keeping our family secure One amongst the most important goals of one’s life is to secure his/her family’s future. Life Insurance is the simplest way to protect your family against uncertainties in life and financial losses associated with them. Regardless of the funds you have accumulated or invested over the years, certain eventualities, such as critical illness or death, substantially affect your family’s financial condition. Buying term life insurance is all the more important if you are the only bread winner in the family. It covers for the loss of income that may come upon your family in your absence or if one falls critically ill.
As there are many plans available in the market today, we need to select the one that is suitable for us. Here are a few easy points to keep in mind when buying a Term Plan:
1. Determine the Coverage You Need
The most critical step in buying term insurance is calculating the required amount of coverage. You should avoid the mistake of under-insuring yourself as it will not servetheidea behind purchasing insurance. As recommended by experts, one should buy a policy with a deathbenefitat least 8-10 times his gross annual income. However, pertaining to the diverse needs of every individual, one should also consider factors likeannual income before taxes, needs of the dependents, and the age factor. To find out how much cover you should opt for, click here Human Life Value Calculator.
2. Assess your Needs and Budget
While evaluating the available options, you should definitely consider whether the sum assured will be able to meet your family’s future requirements.Remember, that what you spend today might not be sufficient tomorrow; therefore, it is essential to keep the inflation rate in mind while assessing your needs.You can also use the Term Insurance Calculator to calculate the premium you would have to pay. For instance, a 30-year old non-smoker would have to pay Rs.515 p.m. as premium for a cover of Rs. 1 crore.
3. Choose the Right Insurer
The next important step is to select the right insurance company based on:
- Claim settlement Ratio:It is the ration between the number of claims settled by an insurance company and the numbers of claims filed by the policyholders. A claims settlement ratio of 50% means that an insurer has paidfor 50 out of 100 claims filed.It is advisable to go for the insurer with the highest claim settlement ratio.
- Solvency Ratio: It refers to an insurer’s ability to take care of its debts.You can fetch good returns only from that insurance company which has a strong ability to meet its short-term and long-term liabilities.
Policybazaar helps you with a platform to compare and evaluate so that you get the best deal.
- Most Read
- Easy Guides to Use Life Insurance Calculator?
Date: 22 May 2018
- Endowment vs Money Back Policy - What Should You Buy?
Date: 22 May 2018
- Best Term Insurance Plans that Covers Critical Illness
Date: 22 May 2018
- Akshay Kumar's Yamraj Video Ad for Term Insurance
Date: 11 May 2018
- SBI Life Poorna Suraksha – Best Gift for Parents to Show Love & Care
Date: 03 May 2018
- Best 5 LIC Policies To Invest in 2018
Views : 1394093
- How to Check LIC Policy Status, Details, Statement via Online/SMS/Call
Views : 1323015
- A Quick Guide To Post Office Monthly Income Scheme
Views : 546516
- Best Term Insurance Plans in India with Claim Settlement Ratio
Views : 538407
- National Pension Scheme (NPS) – Govt Approved Pension Scheme
Views : 402863