What is the Coverage under Domestic Travel Insurance
There are numerous insurance companies that are providing domestic insurance for traveling within India. But do you really think of domestic travel insurance as a compulsion and necessity and what are the advantages of signing up for it?
Domestic travel insurance becomes extremely helpful in case of two specific events. Cancellation of your trip is one of them. If you fall sick right at the time of your travel and have no insurance cover, there is no chance for you to get a refund of your trip costs. Loss of luggage is another reason. The chance of losing your baggage on a domestic flight is as likely as in an international one.
Additionally, travel insurance companies mostly cover medical treatment, evacuation to your hometown as well as personal accidents in their domestic travel insurance policy. Dental or Personal Liability is often not covered.
An international trip, without a doubt, is more expensive, thus there is more encouragement to buy insurance cover, but loosing the money for your domestic trip or not getting a refund when your bag gets lost is frustrating, too. Coming back to the initial question of whether domestic travel insurance is necessary, the answer has to be yes. Domestic travel insurance is easy on the pocket and depending on the insurer the premium payable is around Rs 130 per month. If monthly expense of Rs 130 is all it takes to minimize your risk, then there is no reason as to why you shouldn't buy domestic travel insurance for traveling within India.
Mentioned below are the features that tell us the offerings the domestic travel insurance provide us with:
The benefits under a domestic travel insurance include:
- Medical expenses incurred during domestic trip - It protects you against injury and illness so that all such unwanted incidents don't come in the way of your trip and you enjoy it without facing any financial contingency.
- Loss/theft of baggage - It allows you to make up for the financial loss you may have to suffer in case your belongings are lost/stolen.
- Personal accident cover - It provides financial protection against accidental death, disability and dismemberment.
- Delay/cancellation of trip - It reimburses you for any prepaid expenses on tickets and bookings.
- Emergency medical evacuation - The medical expenses incurred if you require transfer to seek urgent care in case of an emergency also get reimbursed.
- Emergency cash – Losing your cash in an unknown place is one among the many emergency situations, but the the facility of emergency cash comes to your rescue and takes you out of the situation.
- 24 x 7 emergency assistance
Besides understanding the coverage one must also understand the exclusions in domestic travel insurance:
Domestic travel insurance does not cover the insured against pre-existing conditions and related complications, acts of war/terrorism, self inflicted injuries, suicide attempts, non-adherence to medical advice and HIV/AIDS. The cover also excludes the outcomes arising when the insured is under the influence of drugs/alcohol or when he voluntarily chooses to participate in hazardous activities and criminal acts.
Eligibility For purchasing Domestic Travel Insurance:
Domestic travel insurance can be purchased by any Indian national traveling within India. If any foreigner passenger is traveling in India or has received work permit in India can also purchase domestic insurance.Now a day’s various online domestic travel insurance is also available. Some of famous domestic travel insurance policies in India are Tata AIG domestic travel insurance, Bajaj Allianz domestic travel insurance and many more.
The eligibility age can be anywhere between 6 months and 65 years and varies from plan to plan. The coverage provided depends on various factors such as your medical conditions, the place you are traveling to and the length of your trip.
Buying Domestic travel insurance surely makes sense. You can't be assured of 100% safety even when on a holiday so why take chances when there is a solution to make yourself risk free. If you are a globe trotter then travel insurance is a must for you!
- Most Read
- Our Guide to Travelling with Your Kids on a Plane
Date: 13 October 2017
- How to Claim Compensation for Lost, Delayed or Damaged Luggage
Date: 11 October 2017
- 10 Travel Tips for Your First International Travel
Date: 10 October 2017
- How to Plan the Perfect Road Trip Anywhere In India
Date: 09 October 2017
- Travel Advice: Travel Insurance for Cancer Sufferers
Date: 06 October 2017
- Travel Insurance FAQ's
Views : 13505
- Domestic Travel Insurance Coverage & Benefits
Views : 9141
- Best Student Travel Insurance Plans in India
Views : 8854
- 10 Best Travel Insurance Plans for Your New Year Travel
Views : 5974
- How to get the best deals on travel insurance?
Views : 5202