- Worldwide Cashless Hospitalization Worldwide
- Premium Starts at as low as ?300
- Covers for Loss of Baggage & Passport
- Covers Flight Delays & Cancellation
What is the Importance of Travel Medical Insurance?
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 4818 -
Modified 21 December 2017
Traveling abroad is an exciting experience – from planning your trip to everything that you do while you’re away. You want to leave the stress behind and enjoy carefree. But, often in this excitement of trip we tend to overlook the possibility of getting injured or falling sick. Eventuality can happen anywhere, anytime. So, preparation is a must.
Well, your travel preparation will remain incomplete without ensuring that medical emergencies are taken care of. Let’s see how you can make your trip foolproof.
What is Travel Medical Insurance?
Travel medical insurance is an insurance package that offers medical coverage while travelling outside your home country for an extended period of time. Travel insurance is a good option if you are planning a prepaid vacation where your health insurance won’t cover you.
It provides medical coverage while you're traveling, studying or living outside the country of origin. This insurance is perfect for students who need short-term coverage and looking for affordable health insurance.
What Does Travel Medical Insurance Cover?
Typically, travel medical insurance includes the following:
- Emergency medical care
- Expenses for prescription drugs, medical cost and hospitalization
- Surgery and dental charges
- Medical care in case of accidents
Moreover, some insurance companies also provide additional coverage in your travel medical insurance:
- Emergency evacuation
- Legal assistance
- Repatriation in case of illness, accident or death
How Travel Medical Insurance is Different From Travel Insurance?
Travel medical insurance is no different from travel insurance as they both have similar and overlapping benefits. However, the former is designed especially to cater to medical needs while you’re away. Unlike other countries where they have separate travel insurance and travel medical insurance, Indian insurers have clubbed the benefits of both into one.
It means that your travel medical insurance also includes insurance for your lost baggage, delayed flights, cancelled flights, theft, and much more. All your health benefits as well as travel insurance costs are covered under travel medical insurance policy.
Anyone travelling abroad, be it a student, senior citizen, tourist, or a business traveler will require travel medical insurance. The insurance policy can be purchased either online or conventionally depending on the chosen company.
Before purchasing a travel health insurance policy for your upcoming travel, ensure that it covers international medical emergency costs. Carefully check the list of network hospitals, toll-free numbers, and person to contact in case of an emergency.
Travel medical insurance is an important travel necessity for individuals and families. There are many affordable travel medical insurance plans that you can buy online and secure your trip. For complete details on travel insurance plans log on to PolicyBazaar website.
- Most Read
- Is It Worth to Buy Trip Cancellation Insurance?
Date: 17 January 2019
- Buy Travel Insurance Policy to Enjoy Stress-free Vacation
Date: 15 January 2019
- Benefits of Buying a Travel Insurance Plan for Your Next Holiday
Date: 14 January 2019
- All You Need to Know about Travel Insurance Policies
Date: 04 January 2019
- 6 Questions to Ask Before Buying Travel Insurance
Date: 05 November 2018
- 5 Best Travel Insurance Policies for 2019, Risk-Proof Your Next International Trip
Views : 15439
- Top 10 Travel Insurance Companies in India
Views : 8380
- Travel Insurance or International Health Insurance: Which is the Best Option for You?
Views : 6871
- How to Avoid Travel-Related Scams on Your Next Trip?
Views : 6368
- Top 5 Myths about Travel Insurance
Views : 5699