- Worldwide Cashless Hospitalization Worldwide
- Premium Starts at as low as ₹300
- Covers for Loss of Baggage & Passport
- Covers Flight Delays & Cancellation
We promise limited calls
What is the Importance of Travel Medical Insurance?
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 3052 -
Modified 22 November 2017
Traveling abroad is an exciting experience – from planning your trip to everything that you do while you’re away. You want to leave the stress behind and enjoy carefree. But, often in this excitement of trip we tend to overlook the possibility of getting injured or falling sick. Eventuality can happen anywhere, anytime. So, preparation is a must.
Well, your travel preparation will remain incomplete without ensuring that medical emergencies are taken care of. Let’s see how you can make your trip foolproof.
What is Travel Medical Insurance?
Travel medical insurance is an insurance package that offers medical coverage while travelling outside your home country for an extended period of time. Travel insurance is a good option if you are planning a prepaid vacation where your health insurance won’t cover you.
It provides medical coverage while you're traveling, studying or living outside the country of origin. This insurance is perfect for students who need short-term coverage and looking for affordable health insurance.
What Does Travel Medical Insurance Cover?
Typically, travel medical insurance includes the following:
- Emergency medical care
- Expenses for prescription drugs, medical cost and hospitalization
- Surgery and dental charges
- Medical care in case of accidents
Moreover, some insurance companies also provide additional coverage in your travel medical insurance:
- Emergency evacuation
- Legal assistance
- Repatriation in case of illness, accident or death
How Travel Medical Insurance is Different From Travel Insurance?
Travel medical insurance is no different from travel insurance as they both have similar and overlapping benefits. However, the former is designed especially to cater to medical needs while you’re away. Unlike other countries where they have separate travel insurance and travel medical insurance, Indian insurers have clubbed the benefits of both into one.
It means that your travel medical insurance also includes insurance for your lost baggage, delayed flights, cancelled flights, theft, and much more. All your health benefits as well as travel insurance costs are covered under travel medical insurance policy.
Anyone travelling abroad, be it a student, senior citizen, tourist, or a business traveler will require travel medical insurance. The insurance policy can be purchased either online or conventionally depending on the chosen company.
Before purchasing a travel health insurance policy for your upcoming travel, ensure that it covers international medical emergency costs. Carefully check the list of network hospitals, toll-free numbers, and person to contact in case of an emergency.
Travel medical insurance is an important travel necessity for individuals and families. There are many affordable travel medical insurance plans that you can buy online and secure your trip. For complete details on travel insurance plans log on to PolicyBazaar website.
- Most Read
- Here are 12 Money Saving Tips for students for Their Travel Plans
Date: 12 December 2017
- What is the Risk of Going for a Tour without Travel Insurance?
Date: 07 December 2017
- Top 10 Travel Insurance Companies in India
Date: 06 December 2017
- Planning an Adventure Trip? Here are 10 Handy Tips for You
Date: 28 November 2017
- Travel Health Advice: Tips for Staying Healthy on Holiday
Date: 22 November 2017
- Travel Insurance FAQ's
Views : 13791
- Domestic Travel Insurance Coverage & Benefits
Views : 9781
- Best Student Travel Insurance Plans in India
Views : 9509
- 10 Best Travel Insurance Plans for Your New Year Travel
Views : 6305
- How to Get the Best Deals on Travel Insurance?
Views : 5423