University College London (UCL) Student Health Insurance
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 1756 -
Updated date : 18 December 2019
University College London - Overview
Being selected in the top universities abroad is a distant dream for many foreign students. One such university is University College London (UCL) which has continuously maintained its position in the top list of universities globally.
University College London for Foreign Students
41% of the total students at University College London are international students. The quality of education and the environment offered by the institute have made on of the most popular universities among the students. Founded in the year 1826, UCL has 37,905 students/ 18,610 UG students and 19,295 OG students (as per 2016/17 date). UCL was the first university in England to admit students regardless of their caste and creed.
Entry Essentials for London
- Student VISA Information - Any aspirant travelling to London for getting admissions in UCL must obtain a valid Visa beforehand to enter the country. One can download the visa application from the official website of CIA and submit to the authorised visa agent.
- Passport Information - Possessing a valid passport is a basic entry rule for every student travelling to London. The passport must be valid for at least six months or beyond the intended stay in the country.
- Visa Waiver Programme - With the option, a traveller can stay in UK up to 90 days even without a valid Visa. This facility is offered by 38 different countries including the USA.
- ESTA Authorisation - To enter London under VWP, foreign students must have an ESTA approval which requires furnishing specified details of traveller(s) before boarding their flights to London.
- Student Insurance - Like every other university in the UK, University College London offers insurance for students in different categories. Healthcare and student travel insurance plans is among them that is designed to aid students with much needed financial assistance in case of an emergency. However, the insurance policy offered by UCL may be proved as expensive for foreign students, especially one from Moreover, one can afford a hefty medical bill abroad. That’s why having travel insurance before embarking on the journey sounds more exciting than buying an expensive plan abroad.
Admission Requirements for University College London
Every year, the University College London welcomes thousands of applications worldwide. The applications are made through The Universities and Colleges Admissions Service or UCAS. UCL accepts A level and International Baccalaureate for direct admission in UG courses. For some courses, the applicants will have to take an online test. Once the UCAS application is successful, the same will be intimated with the applicant and ask to complete the further process.
Top Attractions for Students near University College London
The life in the capital city in the UK is great due to some reasons. It has best things to explore, best places to eat, best places to hang out and most importantly offers the best sightseeing tours. Some options for the students around the university campus include:
- UCL Geology Collections
- Grant Museum of Zoology
- Welcome Collection
- Petrie Museum of Egyptian Archaeology
- The Bloomsbury Theatre
- The Magic Circle
- St Pancras Parish Church
- The British Museum
Shopping Attractions for Students near University College London
Form luxury shops to budget-friendly shopping malls, London has everything on offer. The UCL campus offers a wide range of shopping points that attract the students to explore things within their budget. Some of the most popular amongst the students are:
- Dover Street Market
- London's market
- Oxford Street
Eating Options for Students near University College London
UCL campus has plentiful eating options that serve a variety of food items to suits every taste bud. Apart from the regular options, there are some of the most loved eating joints near to the university campus, that attracts many students every day:
- Benito's Hat
- Student Central
- Roti King
- Planet Organic
- Bloomsbury Bowling Lanes
Accommodation near University College London
When it comes to providing accommodation, London has good option on offer. Apart from the private hotels, University College London itself has many accommodations available within the campus. To name a few within the close vicinity:
- UCL Halls of Residence
- Student Houses
- Intercollegiate Halls
- iQ Student Accommodation
- University of London Housing Services
University College London Transportation Service for Students
A foreign student may feel uncomfortable while getting around the city in the initial few weeks. However, the university tries its best to offer the complete facility to the students. Well, London is not a city with short of transport. Whenever you are here you need to get around somehow. One can use underground transport, bus or trains to commute from different parts. With the help of Citymapper app, one will get to know about the bus or train routes and the exact cost. Oyster card or contactless card is the cheapest option to travel with. Buses are cheaper than tube travel which costs £1.50 per ride. Apart from these, walk and bicycles are the most convenient option to get around the campus.
Local law and etiquette to be Followed when in University College London
- Buying/drinking age: Foreign students must ensure they are above
- Smoking age: The official age for smoking is 18 years. However, indoor smoking is banned in most of the public places, including the university campus
- Driving without a valid license is a crime; hence, a valid ID is required to buy alcohol around the campus.
Students going to London for pursuing studies from UCL must know the university culture and etiquettes before landing on the country to ensure a pleasant stay throughout.
- Most Read
- A Quick Guide to Submit Student Travel Insurance Claim
Date: 26 December 2019
- 10 Common Exclusions under a Student Travel Insurance Plan
Date: 28 November 2019
- Things to Know Before Buying Student Travel Insurance
Date: 13 November 2019
- Reasons Why Comparison of Student Travel Insurance Is Important
Date: 05 November 2019
- A Quick Guide to Student Travel Insurance
Date: 21 June 2019
- Best Student Travel Insurance Plans in India
Views : 26969
- Why To Buy Overseas Student Travel Insurance?
Views : 9093
- Things You Should Know While Planning Your Studies Abroad
Views : 7997
- Best Features covered under Student Travel Insurance!
Views : 7925
- Myths Busted about Student Travel Insurances
Views : 7422
- Income Tax Calculator
- Other Calculators
- Pension Calculator
- Savings Calculator
- Save Regularly
- Actual Savings
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator
- Travel Insurance Calculator
- Annuity Calculator
- NPS Calculator