There's no settlement to the age old debate of who's a better driver, men or women. However, it seems like the insurance industry has declared women to be the clear winner. You must be knowing that men have to shell out more bucks than women on getting their cars insured. Yes, for the same age and car model, females have to pay a notch less than their male counterparts. Being a man, it seems a bit unfair. Ain't it? Whatever happened to gender equality?
On the part of the insurer, this difference springs not from the biasedness but a precise calculation that proves that behind wheels, men are a riskier deal for the insurance company than women. To justify the same, here are some statistical points on the driving habits of men and women done from time to time throughout the world.
- Accidents involving male drivers are more fatal than accidents involving women drivers. What obviously follows, is the fact that accidents involving male drivers eventually cost higher to the insurance company than accidents involving female drivers. Also, men tend to experience narrow escapes and close brushes much more frequently than women do.
- A greater percentage of men act aggressively behind the wheels, women on the other hand are known for their calm and composed driving. The usual signs of male driving rage are the frequency of honking, overtaking without seeing what's coming ahead, passing intimidating gestures to another driver, changing lanes without looking at the side mirror and so forth.
- Men are more easily and more frequently distracted while driving. It's funny that many a times, it's beautiful women who get them distracted.
- Men tend to show carelessness while driving with much more frequency than women. That would include things like listening to loud music, having snacks while steering, not wearing the seat belt and the worst of all, jumping the red light.
- One thing that women tends to do more often than men while driving is talking on a mobile phone but a larger fraction of the women use a hands free device to do that. So the women take away the point, even on that one.
- Men are more likely than women to overlook the hazards of drinking and driving. Men are charged for drunken driving in a significantly bigger proportion than women.
- Blame it on the hormones, men are more prone to speeding than women. Rarely, a woman gets a speeding ticket or a challan for reckless driving.
- More often than not, it's the men (and not women) who drive sports cars and muscle cars. The more sporty a car, the faster it is driven, and the faster it is, the more vulnerable it becomes to accidents. So men lend in more chances of getting their cars wrecked.
- The above figures tell it loud and clear that women tend to drive with more care and vigilance. They neither drive rash nor violate traffic rules. No wonder, they end up earning insurer's credibility over men and get away with a cheaper premium.
- 5 Questions You Must Seek Answers for Before Buying Life Insurance Policies
Date: 18 July 2017
- How to Make Death Claims on Your Life Insurance?
Date: 18 July 2017
- 5 Things to look for While Buying a Child Insurance Plan
Date: 17 July 2017
- Why Should Women Invest In Term Life Insurance Unfailingly?
Date: 17 July 2017
- What Should You Do When You’re Not Happy With Your Life Insurance Policy?
Date: 14 July 2017
- Best 5 LIC Policies To Invest in 2017
Views : 895639
- LIC policy Status: Check LIC policy details and statement online
Views : 786955
- Best Term Insurance Plans in India with Claim Settlement Ratio
Views : 340658
- A Quick Guide To Post Office Monthly Income Scheme
Views : 323204
- National Pension Scheme (NPS) – Govt Approved Pension Scheme
Views : 203263