Check & Pay Pune Traffic Police e-Challan Online
Road accidents increase every year and there is not just one but several reasons behind it. Rash driving, drunk driving, and violations of traffic rules are some of the main reasons behind it. To decrease the number of accidents in the country the Government of India amended the Motor Vehicle Act, 1988. The bill was passed by the parliament and came into effect on September 1, 2019.
The Government made changes in the traffic challans and they were a bit too much for the citizens of Pune. However, the changes made by the Government in the traffic fines were implemented. Digitalization played its role in catching the defaulter properly. With the help of cameras and speed sensors, Pune traffic police e-challans were levied on many violators.
The cameras and speed sensor made it easier for the Pune traffic police to manage the traffic as well as catch the defaulters. The traffic police easily issued e-challans against the defaulters to their registered mobile number and email IDs. However, witnessing the hiked challan rates in the country were not applied as it is by some of the states. Kerala, Gujarat, Karnataka were some of the states that made decreased some of the challan rates to ease their citizens but Pune is the city of Maharashtra was stuck with the amended bill by the Government of India. So, How did the people of Pune adapt to the hiked challan rates?
How Did The Public Of Pune Take Hiked Challans?
The Amended Motor Vehicle Act, 1988 was implemented on September 1, 2019. Since that day, the public of Pune started taking the traffic rules a little more seriously to avoid the e-challans they started following the traffic rules in the city.
The basic requirement for a vehicle owner to drive a vehicle in the country is to carry four documents with them always. They must carry a driving license, insurance, pollution under control certificate, and RC. If the vehicle owner is not carrying these four documents then they might attract a heavy fine. Hence the people of Pune made sure that they carry these documents with them.
As we have mentioned e-challan, let us tell you, what is it exactly?
E-challan or Electronic challan is an online way of issuing a fine against a defaulter. Even though the offline challan practice is still on, the e-challan makes it easier for the traffic police to levy traffic fines against and traffic rule violators. With the help of the internet, the defaulters can even pay for the e-challan issued against them online.
So how does it work? The cameras are installed on every traffic signal in Pune and speed sensor on the side of the roads. Whenever a driver/rider jumps the red light, the cameras installed on the signal record it and send the live feed to the Pune traffic police control room. When they see the recording of the violator, they look for the number plate on their monitor by zooming in and once they get a hold of the registration number of the vehicle, they get all the details of that violator from their data storage and send the e-challan on the registered mobile number as well as email ID. The violator must pay the e-challan within 60 days.
How To Check E-challan Online In Pune?
When the Pune traffic police e-challan is issued against the violator, it is sent to the registered mobile number as well as on email IDS. If the defaulter is unable to pay for the fine within 60 days, the challan is sent to the court.
If the challan is forwarded to the court then the judge either can increase the amount of challan or send the defaulter to jail for 3 months or both.
Since everything is done online, you can pay for the e-challan online issued against you by the Pune traffic police department. Follow the steps below to check the traffic fine levied against you.
- Visit the official website for e-challan payment
- You will see a tab with “e-challan payments”. Click on it
- Now you will be asked to enter your driving license number, challan number and vehicle number, etc
- Enter the required details and then enter the captcha appearing on the screen
- Click on “Get Details”
- Now it will show the challans levied against you by the traffic police
After checking the challans issued against you by the Pune traffic police, make sure that you pay for it. Let us tell you.
How To Pay Pune Traffic Police e-challan?
It is easy to pay the Pune traffic police e-challan online once it is issued against you. Follow the steps below:
- Once you see the challans levied against you. Click the one to pay
- Now a tab with “Pay Now”. Click on it.
- Once you click on it, it will take you to the payment page
- Now you will come to the payment page.
- You will see the payment options of debit/credit car, netbanking, UPI, etc
- Now you can choose the payment medium of your choice
- Once you make the payment, you will get the receipt and a confirmation message on your number.
You can also make the payment through the mobile app provided by the Maharashtra government. You can also make payments through the Paytm app and the Maharashtra Traffic app. If you do not have any of these apps, then you can download it from appstore/playstore.
How To Pay E-challan Through Paytm App
You can pay for the Pune traffic police e-challan through the Paytm app.
- Open the Paytm App or download it if you don’t have it from AppStore
- Tap on the “Recharge & Pay Bills”
- Tap on the “Challan & Traffic Authority” option
- Enter the Challan number, Vehicle Number, Chassis/Engine number, and Tap on next.
- Now it will show you the challan issued against you
- Now you can make the payment through Debit/credit card, Netbanking, UPI, and Paytm wallet, etc
- Once it is done then you will get a confirmation message on your registered mobile number and email ID as well.
Must-Follow Traffic Rules
If you do not want to pay heavy traffic fines then you must follow these basic traffic rules mentioned below:
- Wear a helmet and seatbelt while riding/driving the otherwise cameras and traffic police can spot you and issue heavy fines against you.
- Always carry your driving license, RC, third-party insurance, PUC whenever you drive/ride a vehicle.
- Never use a mobile phone while driving/riding otherwise a fatal accident can take place
- Never jump a red light otherwise the cameras installed on the traffic signals can spot you and an e-challan can be issued
- Never drink and drive for your as well as others' safety.
- Always listen to the traffic police or you can get into serious trouble
Ans: It is a digitized version of offline challan. The traffic police can issue a challan using your vehicle number and then send it to your registered mobile number.
Ans: Yes, you can pay for the challan offline.
- Impact of filing claims on insurance premiums
- By PolicyBazaar -
Updated: 26 June 2021 -
- 6047 Views
Impact of filing claims on insurance premiums Your car meeting with an accident would definitely make you feel sad but you may not be so worried since you know that you have an insurance that would pay for all the dam...read more
- Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Renewal Information
- By PolicyBazaar -
Updated: 16 February 2021 -
- 2154 Views
Royal Sundaram Overview Royal Sundaram General Insurance Co. Ltd., an auxiliary of Sundaram Finance, is a renowned player in the insurance market and was the first private general insurance provider to be licensed in 20...read more
- Long-term Motor Insurance set-to-go- Makes Insurance Cheaper from August 1
- By PolicyBazaar -
Updated: 15 July 2021 -
- 985 Views
Long-term Motor Insurance set-to-go- Makes Insurance Cheaper from August 1 The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has recently announced the withdrawal of long-term third-party motor insura...read more
- Delhi Traffic Police Challan & Traffic Fines
- By PolicyBazaar -
Updated: 30 July 2021 -
- 556 Views
Delhi Traffic Police Challan & Traffic Fines All vehicle owners, whether it is a car, bike, or commercial vehicle have to follow Delhi traffic rules to avoid getting Delhi traffic challans and have a safe ride. Eve...read more
Note: This is your car’s recommended IDV as per IRDAI’s depreciation guidelines.asdfsad However, insurance companies allow you to modify this IDV within a certain range (this range varies from insurer to insurer). Higher the IDV, higher the premium you pay.Read More