About Go Digit General Insurance Company
Go Digit General Insurance Ltd, which is one of the leading General Insurance companies in India, was founded by Mr. Kamesh Goyal in 2016. The company offers customized products for various sectors including motor insurance.
Digit car insurance is already gaining popularity for its seamless self-inspection and motor claim process. The company is also emerging as one of the reputable General insurance providers in India.
Key Features of Digit Car Insurance
|Features||Coverage and Benefits|
|Incurred claim ratio||74.91%|
|Personal Accident Insurance||Up to 15 Lakhs|
|Network Garages||Repair Anywhere|
|No Claim Bonus||Yes|
Benefits of Digit Car Insurance
You can avail the following benefits by purchasing a Digit car insurance policy:
- Special benefits, such as car pick-up, drop and repair facility, etc. are available to the policyholders.
- Quick and hassle-free Go Digit car insurance renewal process.
- Seamless claim settlement process with a 96% claims settlement ratio for private cars.
- Provision of Personal Accident cover for the driver/owner of the insured vehicle.
Types of Digit Car Insurance Policy
Go Digit General Insurance Company offers three major types of motor insurance plans, which are mentioned below:
1. Digit Private Car Liability Only Policy
Being the mandatory car insurance policy, the Digit Liability Only motor policy compensates a policyholder against any third-party liabilities arising due to the insured car. This car policy covers death and bodily injury of the third party along with damages to third party property.
In terms of the limit of compensation granted, the insurance company will give 100% compensation in case of the death or injury of a third party. But for third party property damage, the compensation paid will be 50% i.e. up to Rs. 7.5 lakh.
2. Digit Private Car Standalone Own Damage Policy
A Standalone Own Damage policy can be purchased along with a liability-only policy to cover damages sustained by the insured car in events like accidents, natural calamities, manmade calamities, fire, theft, etc. This is because the third party liability policy exempts covering the insured vehicle in case of an unforeseen accident.
The coverage offered by a Digit Standalone Own Damage policy can also be enhanced by purchasing add-ons at an additional premium.
3. Digit Private Car Policy
The Digit Private Car policy is a comprehensive car insurance policy covering both third party liabilities and own damages sustained by the insured car. This policy compensates a policyholder against damages to the insured car arising due to events like riots, fire, explosion, earthquakes, etc. It also covers third party liabilities arising out of the insured car during a road accident.
You might be interested in
Digit Car Insurance Premium Calculator
Before purchasing a four wheeler insurance policy, you can also calculate and compare the premium of your motor insurance plan by using a Digit Car Insurance Premium Calculator. It will help you decide whether the policy fits within your budget.
Coverage Under Digit Car Insurance
- Third Party Damages: Any damage to third party property, and bodily injuries or death of third-party due to the insured car
- Natural Disasters: Damages to the insured car due to earthquakes, hurricanes, cyclones, landslides, rockslides, etc.
- Manmade Acts: Any manmade act, such as a riot, strike or terrorist activity, resulting in damages to the insured vehicle
- External Means: Damages sustained by the insured car due to external means, such as a road accident
- Fire: Loss to the insured car due to incidents like fire, explosion, lightning and self-ignition
- In-transit Damages: Any damage to the insured vehicle while it is in transit on road, rail, water or air
- Burglary: Theft, burglary or housebreaking resulting in damages or loss of the insured car
- Invalid Driving License: Damages sustained by the insured car when the driver was driving without a valid license.
- Drunk Driving: Any damage to the insured vehicle resulting out of drunk driving or under the influence of drugs.
- Other Purposes: Damages sustained by a private car if it was being driven for commercial purposes.
- War: Any loss or damage to the insured due to warlike situations, such as civil war or a nuclear attack.
- Breakdown: Losses or damages caused due to electrical and mechanical failure.
- Outside Geographical Location: Damages sustained by the insured vehicle outside the geographical location mentioned in the motor policy.
Digit Car Insurance Add-On
A policyholder can also increase the coverage offered under a Digit four-wheeler policy by purchasing add-on covers for a higher premium amount. These add-ons are:
Under the Consumables cover, a policyholder receives compensation for replacing/replenishing consumables used in the insured car in the event of a partial loss. Consumables include engine oil, screws, nuts, bolts, etc.
Under this add-on cover, the insurance company will cover the depreciation on the assessed damaged parts of the insured car in the event of a partial loss of the vehicle.
With an Engine and Gearbox Protect add-on cover, a policyholder can avail coverage against damages sustained by the engine and its parts of the insured car. The compensation is offered during events like water ingression, leakage of lubrication oil, damage to the gearbox and undercarriage damages.
Under the Breakdown Assistance cover, the policyholder shall be provided with roadside assistance if the car has become immobilized on the road. Some services offered under this add-on include flat tyre repairs, towing facility, medical compensation, fuel assistance, delivery of spare keys, taxi benefits, etc.
Under a Tyre Protect cover, the insurance company will reimburse the amount incurred in repairing or replacing the tyres and tubes of the insured car.
In the event of a total loss or theft of the insured car, the insurance company will pay the amount equal to the insured car's invoice value including the road tax and registration cost.
By purchasing this add-on cover, a policyholder is entitled to fixed daily compensation for commuting when the insured car is undergoing repairs at an authorized garage.
Car Key and Lock Protect add-on cover reimburse the policyholder with any expense incurred on repairing or replacing car keys in the event of total loss, theft or accidental damages sustained by the insured car. The insurance company will also compensate for the cost of installing a new lock or the lock-set in the insured vehicle.
Under this add-on cover, the insurance company will compensate against any damage to the personal belongings present in the insured vehicle as a result of an unforeseen peril.
Add-ons for your car insurance
How to File a Claim Under Digit Car Insurance?
To file a Go Digit car insurance claim, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Intimate the Insurer: Intimate the insurer as soon as the insured car meets with an unfortunate incident so that a claim can be registered.
- Inspection Link: Once the claim has been registered, you will receive a self-inspection link on your registered mobile number.
- Submit Pictures: You will be required to click pictures of damages and submit them via the inspection link. Also, make sure to keep the required documents handy for the submission.
- Claim Settled: The insured car will be sent for repairs and your claim will be settled based on the mode of claim you have opted. For a cashless claim, the repair amount will be directly paid to the network garage. For reimbursement claims, the insurance company will pay you the repair bill amount after you have settled the bill.
You might be interested in
Documents Required to Raise a Claim Under Digit Car Insurance
To raise a claim under Go Digit insurance, you will be required to submit the following documents:
- Duly filled and signed claim form
- Copy of your cars Registration Certificate
- Copy of valid driving license
- Copy of Police FIR
- Original estimate, invoice, and payment receipt for cash and cashless garage
- Copy of policy document papers
How to Renew Digit Car Insurance?
For Go Digit car insurance renewal online, visit Policybazaar.com and follow the steps mentioned below:
- From the Insurance Products drop-down, select the Car Insurance page.
- Enter your car number in the given form and view instant renewal quotes
- Fill in the required details in the next form
- Enter policy expiry and previous claim detail
- From the given car renewal policy, find the Go Digit car insurance renewal policy for your car. Add any cover you wish to add to the plan.
- Enter your previous policy No Claim Bonus discount
- Fill in the required details and proceed with payment
- After premium verification, make the payment via your desired online payment mode.
- Once the payment is complete, your Digit car insurance renewal policy documents will be sent to your registered email id.
Car Insurance for Popular Brands in India
Digit Car Insurance FAQs
Ans: If you own a car, it is essential for you to buy a car insurance policy. And if you buy a motor insurance policy from Digit Car insurance, you can avail multiple benefits such as cashless repair services, No Claim Bonus benefit, breakdown assistance cover and more.
Ans: No, you will not require any document for Go Digit car insurance renewal online from insurance brokers like Policybazaar Insurance Brokers Private Limited.
Ans: Yes. Go Digit General Insurance Company has more than 5000 network garages and you can avail cashless repair facility at these registered workshops.
Ans: Yes, you can avail free car pick-up, car repair and drop service with your Digit car insurance policy.
Ans: Yes, you can easily get a Digit car insurance policy online from Policybazaar.com
Find similar car insurance quotes by body type
Note: This is your car’s recommended IDV as per IRDAI’s depreciation guidelines.asdfsad However, insurance companies allow you to modify this IDV within a certain range (this range varies from insurer to insurer). Higher the IDV, higher the premium you pay.