Maruti Celerio Car Insurance
Maruti Suzuki Celerio is a mid-range hatchback car manufactured by Maruti Suzuki. The car has been designed to suit the needs of daily city commuters and was first launched in the year 2010. It has a K10B engine with drive-by-wire technology which makes it a fuel efficient car. In fact, Maruti Suzuki Celerio has won the ‘Best Innovation’ award in 2015 at the World Auto Forums Awards. Besides offering petrol variants, the car is also available in CNG making it an ideal choice for city commuters who want to make their everyday travel cost-effective. If you are considering buying Maruti Celerio, you can browse through the features and specifications of the car along with the coverage, add-ons and car insurance prices.
Maruti Celerio Features
Maruti Celerio comes with certain features that differentiate it from other cars manufactured by Maruti Suzuki. Take a look at the unique features of the Maruti Celerio given below:
- It is equipped with auto gear shift feature and ABS
- It comes with driver-side airbags and in some models for the co-driver too
- It is complaint with pedestrian, side-impact and offset safety
- It is equipped with seat belt reminder and speed alert system
- It also comes with keyless entry and reverse parking sensors
- It is equipped with rear window demister, wiper and washer
- Few models come with electronic power steering
Specifications of Maruti Celerio
Check out the specifications of Maruti Suzuki Celerio in the table given below:
|Engine/ Displacement||998 CC|
|Maximum Power||50 kW @6000 rpm|
|Maximum Torque||90 Nm @3500 rpm|
|Fuel Variant||Petrol/ CNG|
Petrol: 21.63 km/l
CNG: 30.47 km/kg
Front: MacPherson strut with coil spring
Rear: Coupled torsion beam axle with coil spring
|Emission Norm Compliance||BS6 + OBD I|
|Fuel Tank||35 L|
|Boot Space||235 L|
Maruti Celerio Car Insurance Price
The following table provides the ex-showroom prices for variants of Maruti Celerio along with its car insurance prices, IDV and zero depreciation prices:
|Maruti Celerio Variants||Ex-Showroom Prices (in Rs)||Insured Declared Value*(IDV)||Zero Depreciation Price*(Add-On Cover)||Estimated Maruti Celerio Insurance Price*(1-year Comprehensive Car Insurance)|
|Celerio LXI||4,41,200||Rs 2,81,675||Rs 1,268||Rs 3,553 onwards|
|Celerio LXI (O)||4,49,600||Rs 2,81,675||Rs 1,268||Rs 3,553 onwards|
|Celerio VXI||4,80,100||Rs 2,78,800||Rs 1,255||Rs 3,550 onwards|
|Celerio VXI (O)||4,87,200||Rs 2,78,800||Rs 1,255||Rs 3,550 onwards|
|Celerio ZXI||5,05,200||Rs 3,37,280||Rs 1,518||Rs 3,653 onwards|
|Celerio VXI AMT||5,23,100||Rs 3,10,567||Rs 1,398||Rs 3,627 onwards|
|Celerio VXI AMT (O)||5,30,200||Rs 3,10,567||Rs 1,398||Rs 3,627 onwards|
|Celerio ZXI (O)||5,46,200||Rs 3,37,280||Rs 1,518||Rs 3,653 onwards|
|Celerio ZXI AMT||5,48,900||Rs 3,40,000||Rs 1,530||Rs 3,680 onwards|
|Celerio ZXI AMT (O)||5,58,200||Rs 3,40,000||Rs 1,530||Rs 3,680 onwards|
|Celerio VXI CNG||5,60,900||Rs 3,34,560||Rs 1,506||Rs 4,526 onwards|
|Celerio VXI CNG (O)||5,68,000||Rs 3,34,560||Rs 1,506||Rs 4,526 onwards|
*Disclaimer: The Maruti Celerio insurance price, IDV and zero depreciation price mentioned in the table above is for cars registered in 2019. The Maruti Celerio car insurance price may vary depending on the coverage type, RTO, manufacturing year and claim history, etc. The IDV and zero depreciation price may vary from one insurance company to another.
Types of Maruti Celerio Car Insurance
Insurance companies in India offer two kinds of car insurance plans to cover a Maruti Suzuki Celerio car. They are:
It is a type of car insurance policy that covers the car owner from any third party loss or damages caused by the Celerio car. It includes property damages, bodily injuries as well as death of a third party caused by the insured Celerio car. In India, it is compulsory to own a third party car insurance policy for all car owners.
It is a type of car insurance policy that provides all-round protection to the Celerio car by protecting it from any third party liabilities as well as from any loss or damages caused due to incidents, such as fire, theft, accidents, natural disasters, manmade disasters, etc. People who buy this policy are not required to purchase third party cover separately for their Celerio car.
Maruti Celerio Car Insurance Policy Inclusions
A Maruti Celerio insurance policy comes with the following inclusions:
- It covers any loss or damages caused to your Celerio car due to:
- Natural calamities such as earthquake, hurricane, rockslide, etc.
- Manmade calamities such as terrorist attacks, riots, strike, etc.
- Fire or self-ignition
- In-transit damages while in air, water, road or rail
- It covers any third party loss or damages caused by your Celerio car
- It provides compensation in case your Celerio car gets stolen or is robbed
- It provides the owner-driver of the Celerio car with the personal accident cover
- It also comes with optional covers for bi-fuel kits and electrical/ non-electrical accessories
Add On Covers Under Maruti Celerio Insurance Policy
Maruti insurance comes with certain add-on covers that can expand the coverage of your Celerio car by paying a higher premium amount. Here is a list of the various add-on covers that you can buy under your Maruti Celerio insurance policy:
- Nil Depreciation Cover – It ensures that depreciation of the Celerio car is not considered during claim settlement and the full claim amount is paid to you.
- Engine Protection – It covers the engine of your Celerio car from any loss or damages even if it not a direct result of an accident.
- Consumables Cover – It covers the cost of consumables used in your Celerio car, such as screws, brake oil, lubricants, nuts & bolts, etc, in case the vehicle is being repaired at a network hospital.
- Tyre Protection Cover – It protects the tyres of your Celerio car from any loss or damages even if it was not a direct impact of an accident.
- No Claim Bonus Protection – It helps you to retain your No Claim Bonus (NCB) percentage earned on your Maruti Suzuki insurance under all circumstances, irrespective of whether you raised a claim in the previous policy year or not.
- Courtesy Car – It provides you with a daily travel allowance for everyday commute in case your Celerio car is getting repaired at a garage.
- Passenger Cover - It provides personal accident cover to the passengers seated in the Celerio car if the car accidents result in their death or disability.
- Roadside Assistance Cover – It helps you to get emergency roadside assistance in case your Celerio car gets stuck in the middle of the road. Some of these services include fuel assistance, towing facility, flat tyre change, minor on-site repairs, etc.
- Return to Invoice – It enables you to get the invoice value of your Celerio car as the claim amount instead of getting the market value of the car in case of total loss claims.
- Key Replacement Cover – It helps you to get the keys to your Celerio car at the earliest in case you get locked out of it or have lost it.
Maruti Celerio Car Insurance Policy Exclusions
The following incidents are excluded under a Maruti Celerio insurance policy:
- It does not cover any expenses incurred due to regular wear and tear of your Celerio car.
- It does cover the depreciating value of your Celerio car.
- It does not cover any expenses incurred due to mechanical or electrical breakdown of your Celerio car.
- It does not cover any loss or damages sustained by your Celerio car if you are found driving it without a valid driving licence.
- It will not cover any damages or loss incurred if you are found driving your Celerio car under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- It does not cover any damages to the tyres of your Celerio car which is not a direct result of an accident.
- It will not cover any loss or damages caused due to using your Celerio car for racing or illegal activities.
- It does not cover any damages or loss to your Celerio car due to war or nuclear activities.
- It will not cover any loss or damages to your Celerio car if it was being used for commercial purposes.
How to Buy Maruti Celerio Car Insurance?
If you are want to know how to buy Maruti insurance online for your Celerio car, look no further. The procedure to purchase Maruti car insurance for Celerio car is given below. Just follow these steps to buy your Maruti Celerio car insurance:
- Scroll to the top of the page to find a form to buy car insurance
- Enter you Celerio car number or choose to proceed without doing so
- Enter the details of your Celerio car, including RTO details, model variant, fuel type, etc.
- Also enter your personal contact details, such as name and email id
- Choose the insurance coverage for your Celerio car
- The Celerio insurance price from different insurers will be displayed
- Choose the car insurance plan you want to buy
- Select the add-on covers you want for your Celerio car
- Make Maruti insurance online payment
- The Maruti insurance policy for your Celerio car will be issued
How to Renew Maruti Celerio Car Insurance?
The process of Maruti insurance renewal online is very simple. You can get your Celerio car insurance renewed by following the process for Maruti car insurance renewal online. Take a look at the steps for Maruti insurance policy renewal online to continue protection for your Celerio car:
- Go to the renewal section on the menu bar
- Select the option of ‘Motor Renewal’
- Enter your car number or proceed without doing so
- Provide the required details of your Celerio car, including car model variant, RTO details, year of registration, etc.
- Fill up the form requesting your contact details
- Choose the plan you want to purchase
- Make Maruti insurance online payment for your Celerio car
- Your Maruti Celerio car insurance policy will be renewed
Maruti Celerio Car Insurance FAQs
Ans: In case your Maruti Celerio insurance has expired, then your car may be subject to inspection if there is a gap between the policy expiry and renewal date. However, the decision to carry out an inspection or not depends entirely on your motor insurance company.
Q: I recently purchased a Maruti Suzuki Celerio car. Will my No Claim Bonus from my previous car be shifted to the new car?Ans: Yes. You can continue your No Claim Bonus (NCB) from your previous car to your newly-purchased Maruti Suzuki Celerio car, provided both the car are of the same type and belong to the same class. However, you will have to formally request your motor insurer to shift the NCB from your previous car to your new Celerio car.
Ans: No. You cannot buy engine protection add-on cover for your six-year-old Celerio car as this cover is only available for cars which are not more than five years old.
Q: If I get my flat tyre changed at a non-network garage, can I get the expenses claimed under the tyre protect cover?Ans: No. If you get your flat tyre changed at a non-network garage, you won’t be able to get the expenses claimed under the tyre protect add-on cover. This is because claims under tyre protect cover can only be made if you get the repair done at a network garage of your insurance company.
Ans: Motor insurance companies in India offer several saving options to reduce your Maruti vehicle insurance premium for your Celerio car. Some of the saving options are:
- No Claim Bonus
- Membership of Automobile Association of India
- Installation of anti-theft devices
- Voluntary deductible
Ans: The Maruti Celerio insurance price is determined by the following factors:
- Model variant
- City or registration
- Age of the car
- Fuel type
- Coverage type
- Add-on covers
- No Claim Bonus
Find similar car insurance quotes by body type
Car insurance articles
09 Jan 2023Yes, your comprehensive car insurance policy may cover the damages
03 Jan 2023As per the IRDAI guidelines, all motor insurance sectors including
09 Dec 2022Roadside Assistance is an add-on cover offered with your
06 Dec 2022No, any damage to the nut bolt or any other consumable of your
05 Dec 2022Third-party car insurance is a mandatory cover as per the motor