About Reliance General Insurance Company
Reliance General Insurance Company is wholly owned by Reliance Capital, which is a subsidiary of the Reliance Group. With over 139 offices and about 28,900+ intermediaries spread all over the country, the Reliance General Insurance Company aims at providing world-class service to all its customers.
The company offers all types of insurance products including car insurance at affordable pricing. Besides, it offers the option of customizing the motor insurance plans, thereby, ensuring complete customer satisfaction and working towards safeguarding policyholders interests.
Key Features of Reliance Car Insurance
|Features||Coverage and Benefits|
|Incurred claim ratio||76.89%|
|Personal Accident Insurance||Up to 15 Lakhs|
|No Claim Bonus||Yes|
Benefits of Reliance Car Insurance
Reliance car insurance plans offer the below-mentioned features and benefits:
- 24*7 on the road assistance is available
- Claims are settled across their 4000+ network garages across the country
- The insurance company also offers the facility of a No Claim Bonus (NCB).
- Free towing facility available in the event of a breakdown or accident
- The company enjoys a claim settlement ratio of 94% (2019-20)
Types of Reliance Car Insurance Policy
Reliance General Insurance Company offers car insurance under three categories, namely, third-party insurance, own damages insurance and comprehensive insurance.
1.Reliance Third Party Liability Insurance
Third party insurance, as mandated by the law, is an insurance plan which covers any kind of bodily damage, injury or death caused to a third party or his/her property. It excludes covering damages sustained by the insured car.
The coverage offered under a third party liability plan is unlimited for third party injury and death. However, for third party property damage, the compensation is limited to Rs. 7.5 lakh.
2.Reliance Car Own Damage Insurance
An own damage insurance policy offers coverage against damages sustained by the insured car due to unforeseen events like accidents, theft, fire, manmade disasters, etc. This policy does not cover third party liabilities and thus, can be purchased additionally with the liability-only policy.
3.Reliance Comprehensive Car Insurance
A comprehensive motor insurance policy provides coverage against any damages caused to the insured vehicle due to events like accidents, theft, fire, earthquakes, riots, etc. This four-wheeler policy also covers third party injuries, death or damages to the property of a third party.
Furthermore, the coverage of a comprehensive car insurance policy can also be enhanced by purchasing additional covers for the insured car on payment of a higher premium amount.
You might be interested in
Reliance Car Insurance Premium Calculator
By using Car Insurance Premium Calculator, a car owner can calculate the premium of the car insurance policy before purchasing it. It not only helps to know the premium beforehand but also helps to customize the policy so that it does not overshoot the budget.
Coverage Under Reliance Car Insurance
- Natural Calamities: Damages to the insured car due to natural calamities like earthquakes, hurricanes, landslides, etc.
- Fire: Damages or losses due to fire, lightning, etc.
- Manmade Acts: Damages sustained by the insured vehicle due to manmade calamities like strikes, riots, terrorism, etc.
- Burglary: Any loss or damage caused to the insured car due to housebreaking, theft or burglary
- In-transit Damages: Damages to the insured car while it is in transit via rail, road, waterways or elevator.
- Third Party Liabilities: Damages sustained by the third party, such as third party injury, death or property damage, due to an accident by the insured car
- Accidents: Any loss or damages sustained by the car during an accident
- Wear and Tear: Damages to the insured car due to regular wear & tear and general ageing
- Breakdown: Damages sustained by the insured car due to mechanical or electrical breakdown
- Drunk Driving: Any damage to the insured car when the driver was driving under the influence of alcohol
- Invalid License: Damages to the insured car when the driver was not carrying a valid driving license
- War: Damages due to war or nuclear attack
- Outside Geographical Location: Any damage sustained by the insured car outside the geographical area as specified in the car policy
- Other Uses: Damages sustained by a private car being used for commercial purposes
Reliance Car Insurance: Add-ons
By paying an additional amount of premium, a policyholder can opt for additional add-on covers in the base car plan to enhance the coverage on the vehicle. The various add-on covers available under the Reliance car insurance plan are as follows:
NCB Retention add-on cover enables the policyholder to retain his/her NCB even after he has made a claim during the policy tenure.
If the car suffers damage due to any of the causes mentioned in the plan, the company will cover the expense of consumables required to be replenished or replaced during the repairs carried out on the damaged vehicle. The consumables covered under the plan include engine oil, gearbox oil, fuel filter, bearings, washers, etc.
This add-on cover provides coverage against expenses incurred towards fixing any damage caused to engine parts, differential parts or gearbox parts due to water ingression or leakage of lubricating oil. However, the claim has to be made within 7 days of the damage caused.
This Reliance car insurance cover provides protection against the reduction in the value of the vehicle owing to the depreciation of the vehicle. No deductions are done on the car’s parts, except tyres and tubes.
This add-on cover provides compensation for the repairing or replacing of the insured car’s keys if they have been lost, stolen or broken in the event of theft.
Under this add-on cover, the insurer will pay the car owner with a daily allowance if the insured car is under repairs in a network garage.
: Under this cover, the policyholder will receive the full amount equal to the final invoice value of the insured car if the vehicle has suffered a total loss.
Explore add-ons for your car insurance
How to File a Claim Under Reliance Car Insurance?
To file a claim under Reliance car insurance, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Inform the Insurer: Inform the insurance company about the incident immediately to register a claim
- Inspection of Damages: A surveyor will be sent by the insurance company for damages inspection.
- Documents Submission: For the claim to be processed, you will be required to submit certain documents to the surveyor. Make sure to keep these documents handy with you.
- Claim Settlement: In the case of cashless claims, the insurance company will settle the claim by paying the claim amount directly to the network garage. But if the repairs have been done in a non-network garage, you will have to pay the garage bill and raise a reimbursement claim post which the claim amount will be reimbursed to you.
You might be interested in
Documents Required to Raise a Claim Under Reliance Car Insurance
To raise a claim under Reliance car insurance, the policyholder will be required to have the following documents:
- Duly signed claim form
- A copy of a valid driving license.
- Copy of Registration certificate
- Copy of car insurance papers
- A copy of the Police FIR.
- Repair estimates
- Repair bills
How to Renew Reliance Car Insurance?
To renew a Reliance car insurance policy, car owners can visit Policybazaar.com and follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the Car Insurance from the Insurance Products dropdown
- Enter your car number and view renewal quotes
- Fill in the required details, such as name, email and mobile number
- Select policy expiry and previous claim details
- From the given car renewal plans, select the Reliance car insurance renewal plan and the preferred add-ons.
- Enter the No Claim Bonus discount of your existing car policy
- Fill in the required details and proceed with premium payment
- After premium verification, make the payment online via net banking, cards or UPI.
- After successful completion of payment, your Reliance car insurance renewal will be complete. You will receive your motor policy renewal papers on your email id.
Car Insurance for Popular Brands in India
Reliance Car Insurance FAQs
You can pay Reliance General car insurance premium online through Policybazaar.com.
For online payments, the policyholder can pay via:
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Net Banking
Ans: You can check your Reliance car policy status online by entering your username and password to log in to the website.
Ans: Yes. You can renew your Reliance car insurance policy online on Policybazaar.com.
Ans: To settle a car insurance claim, you can intimate the Reliance General Insurance Company by filling out a form online and uploading relevant documents. Upon successful acceptance, the claim is settled within a week.
Ans:To cancel your Reliance vehicle insurance policy, submit the policy documents with the surrender form at the nearest branch of the insurer. Upon successful proceeding, the refund is deposited directly in your bank account and the policy stands canceled.