Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Co. Ltd began its operations in 2001. It is a joint venture between Bajaj Finserv Limited and world's leading insurer Allianz SE. Bajaj Allianz car insurance has its presence in different cities across India. Bajaj Allianz car insurance claim payment ability has been recognized was recognized with iAAA rating by ICRA for 11 years consecutively. The insurer is known to provide PAN India service to its customers along with digitally-enabled processes.
The company has been a leader in the motor insurance market with world-class products, efficient service, and after-sales support. The company has been offering various types of insurance plans both in the Life Insurance category and General Insurance category.
Bharti AXA Car Insurance
Chola MS Car Insurance
Digit Car Insurance
Edelweiss Car Insurance
Future Generali Car Insurance
IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance
Kotak Mahindra Car Insurance
Liberty Car Insurance
National Car Insurance
New India Assurance Car Insurance
Oriental Car Insurance
Raheja QBE Car Insurance
Reliance General Car Insurance
Royal Sundaram Car Insurance
SBI Car Insurance
Shriram Car Insurance
Tata AIG Car Insurance
United India Car Insurance
Universal Sompo Car Insurance
Types of Bajaj Allianz Motor Insurance Policy
There are two types of car insurance policies that one can buy in India:
Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy
A comprehensive car insurance policy offers protection to your car against theft, collision and accidental damage. It also includes damage resulting due to fire, earthquake, floods etc. It also covers third-party liability damage.
Third-Party Car Insurance Policy
As per the Motor Vehicle’s Act, it is mandatory to buy a third-party liability car insurance policy. You can buy it for a single year or buy a multi-year plan.
Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Plans
The Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Co. Ltd issues car insurance plans in three variants that are described below:
Best Value Plan
A basic Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance plan with the lowest cost of premium among all the variants. The plan covers basic Third Party Liability, Personal Accident coverage for owner or driver and 24*7 Roadside Assistance cover.
Other optional covers include coverage for electrical accessories, coverage for non-electrical accessories, and Personal Accident cover for co-passenger, CNG Kit coverage, and Driver Cover.
The customer can avail a No-Claim-Discount and can also opt for voluntary deductibles wherein the customer promises to pay a part of the claim from his own pocket before raising the claim to the company. This option helps in reducing the overall cost of the premium.
The plan offers regular coverage at a standard rate of premium. The Bajaj Allianz car Insurance plan provides basic Third Party Liability cover, Personal Accident coverage for the owner or driver and round-the-clock Roadside Assistance cover.
Other optional covers include coverage for electrical accessories, coverage for non-electrical accessories, and Personal Accident cover for co-passengers, CNG Kit coverage, and Driver Cover.
The No-Claim-Bonus can also be transferred from an existing policy held with another insurer up to a maximum of 50 percent.
It offers enhanced protection to the vehicle with the premium amount tending to be on the higher side.
The plan covers basic Third Party Liability, Personal Accident coverage for owner or driver, emergency Roadside Assistance cover, Depreciation Shield cover protecting the value of the car against depreciation and Engine Protector Cover that covers the engine of the car against damages.
Other optional covers include coverage for electrical accessories, coverage for non-electrical accessories, and Personal Accident cover for co-passenger, CNG Kit coverage and Driver Cover. The No-Claim-Bonus can be availed by the customer and the limit is up to 50 percent.
There is also a voluntary deductible option which can be chosen wherein the customer promises to pay a part of the claim from his own pocket before raising the claim to the company. This option goes towards lowering the cost of the premium paid by the customer.
Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Plan Table
|PA-Cover for Owner/Driver||Included||Included||Included|
|Basic Third Party Liability Cover||Included||Included||Included|
|Depreciation Shield||Not available||Not available||Available|
|Voluntary Deductibles||Optional||Not available||Optional|
|Coverage for Non-Electrical accessories||Optional||Optional||Optional|
|Premium for Own Damages||Low||Basic||Enhanced|
|Engine Protector||Not available||Not available||Available|
|Personal Accident Cover for co-riders||Optional||Optional||Optional|
|24/7 Emergency Roadside Assistance||Available||Available||Available|
|CNG Kit Coverage||Optional||Optional||Optional|
Features and Benefits of Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Plans
The features and benefits of Bajaj Allianz motor insurance plans are listed below:
- Car repairing assistance in 1024 network garages where you can get cashless claim settlement
- Option to choose 24x7 emergency roadside assistance, which is just a call away
- 24x7 claim assistance through SMS, emails, and phone call, even on holidays
- Track and monitor your vehicle with Bajaj Allianz Drive Smart Service
- Transfer of no-claim bonus from previous policy (maximum up to 50%)
- Option to choose zero depreciation to cover an add-on cover benefit
- Avail motor on the spot service and conduct self-survey of your vehicle in case of vehicle breakdown or collision and get claim settlement on the spot
- New customers or existing ones can avail lock and key replacement cover
- Other add-on covers include Accident Shield, Conveyance Benefit and Consumable expenses and these can be added for increased protection
Add-ons for your car insurance
Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance (Features & Coverage & Benefits)
|Features||Coverage and Benefits|
|Third Party Coverage:||Up to 7.5 L|
|Incurred claim ratio:||78.50%|
|Personal Accident Insurance:||Yes|
What's Covered Under Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance?
- Loss or damage to the insured car resulting from man-made calamities - It covers the damage caused to the insured car due to the following reasons – theft, strike, terrorist activity, malicious act, burglary, and any damage that has taken place in transit by rail, road, air, inland waterway, lift or elevator.
- Loss or damage caused to the car from any natural disaster - This includes damage resulting from self-ignition, fire, flood, earthquake, cyclone, hurricane, inundation, landslide etc.
- Third-Party Legal Liability - Any legal liabilities arising due to accidental loss or damage caused to third-party property, vehicle or person including accidental death or injuries.
- Personal Accident Cover - In the event of an accidental death or permanent disabilities arising due to an accident, up to Rs. 15 Lakhs shall be reimbursed to the insured or the legal heirs of the policyholder. It can be extended on payment of additional premium for driver and co-passengers
Add-on Covers of Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance
To ensure coverage in the time of crisis, you can get the following add-on covers in your car insurance policy -
- Personal Baggage Cover - In the event of any loss or damage caused to the personal belongings that are kept in the car, then it shall be reimbursed as part of the Bajaj Allianz motor insurance policy.
- 24x7 Roadside Assistance - Emergency roadside assistance is provided all over India to the insured member. It includes assistance in the event of car battery damage, flat tire, breakdown due to an accident and similar circumstances.
- Jumpstart the Battery - If the battery of the insured vehicle runs down, Bajaj Allianz car insurance will arrange help to jump-start the engine, to help it reach the nearest workshop for further assistance.
- Lock and Key Replacement Cover - If the car keys are lost or left inside the car, assistance will be provided to recover the same, which includes the cost of new keys and locks.
- Expenses Incurred on Replacing/Replenishing the Consumables - The car insurance plan includes expenses incurred in replacing or repairing the engine oil, coolant, brake oil, gearbox oil, following an accident.
- Personal Accident Cover - In the event of accidental death, bodily injuries or permanent disabilities caused to the occupants riding in the insured vehicle (other than a hired driver)
- Conveyance benefit - If the insured car is getting repaired in a networking workshop after accidental damage, the policyholder will get 'per day' cash benefit, basis on the plan opted.
How to Renew Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Policy via Policybazaar.com?
Bajaj Allianz car insurance renewal easily be renewed online and the steps to renew it online on Policybazaar’s are given below:
- Go on the vehicle insurance online renewal option and fill the form
- Submit details like – policy number, your name, registration number, chassis number, mobile number, email ID.
- Once the form is submitted, you will view the best car insurance quotes
- Choose your Bajaj Allianz car insurance plan and pay the premium
- Once the payment is made, the policy will be renewed instantly.
- You can download the Bajaj Allianz vehicle insurance policy document and you will also receive the PDF copy over email
How to Claim for Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance?
Whether there is a breakdown or accident, the Bajaj vehicle insurance claim procedure process is as follows -
- In the event of an accident or theft of the insured car, immediately register a claim
- You can register the claim online, over email or by contacting on their Toll-free number
- Once connected Bajaj Allianz car insurance team will take you through the entire Car Insurance claim procedure
Send Your Car for Repair, If Required
In the event of a car collision, vandalization, or accidental damage, take it to the nearest garage for repair or if it is immovable get it towed to a garage in your vicinity.
Claim Settlement Final Process
- Provide all the copies of the documents to the registered workshop where your car is getting repaired and get all the document copies verified with the originals.
- Once this is done, the Bajaj Allianz car insurance team will make the payment for the car damage repair to the network garage once it is completed.
- All the excessive payments to be made by the policyholder including the salvage, depreciation amount, which will be informed to you by their assessor.
- If the damage of your car can be repaired on the spot you can take on the spot Bajaj Allianz car insurance Mobile settlement service.
Documents Required to File Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Claim?
Keep the following documents handy while registering a Bajaj car insurance claim-
- Date and time of the accident
- Car engine and chassis number
- Vehicle inspection address
- Location and description of the accident
- Kilometer Reading
- Copy of FIR in case of theft or police report in case of an accident
It is important to file a police complaint in case of theft, along with other required documents at the time of registering the claim.
Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Premium Calculator
The premium for a Bajaj Allianz car insurance policy depends on a number of factors like IDV, i.e. Insured Declared Value of the car, the make and model of the car, year of purchase and registration, the city, etc.
Using Bajaj Allianz car insurance premium calculator, you can easily get the amount of insurance premium and entire car insurance quote. It is advisable to use this tool before zeroing down on a car insurance plan. This will give you a fair idea.
You simply need to click on the ‘Calculate Premium’ option, and choose if it a new or used car or if you are purchasing or renewing your policy -
With this tool calculating car insurance premium is just a matter of a few clicks. Here’s a quick rundown of the information that needs to be filled-
- Your personal details – Name, E-mail ID, Age, Mobile Number, Address etc.
- Car details such as car make, model, and registration date, fuel type, year of manufacture, etc.
- Engine cubic capacity (cc)
- Insurance for car accessories (if any)
- For policy renewal, it is required that you submit car’s registration and current policy details.
On submission of details, you will receive the quotation.
Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Customer Care
For any Bajaj vehicle insurance related claims, you can call their customer care number at 1800 209 5858.
Their Whatsapp service number is +91 75072 45858
You can also email them at bagichelp[@]bajajallianz[.]co[.]in
Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance - FAQs
Ans: Life is uncertain. So, it is very necessary to be covered under the car insurance policy. It offers protection against three types of unfortunate events like third party liability, personal activity and damage to own car.
Ans: Yes, Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance allows you to purchase car insurance online. It also provides you the different option of payment like Debit or Credit card, or Internet Banking.
Ans: The coverage offered by Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance depends on the IDV and the price of the car. You can easily purchase a Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance policy and file a claim on the company’s website.
Ans: Yes, you can renew Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance online. All you need to do is log in with your username/email and password on the company’s website to proceed.
Ans: Yes, Bajaj Insurance car insurance allows you to renew your other car insurance policy with Bajaj Allianz car insurance with different payment option such as Debit or Credit card, or Internet Banking.
Ans: You can purchase car insurance coverage for your new and used car from Bajaj Allianz car insurance.
Ans: Claim settlement procedure of Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance is very easy and quick. It only takes 3 business days to settle the claim. The company also promises to settle claims to settle all types of claims within 7 business days. It requires very few documents to process your claim, for example, the proof of policy document along with a duly filled claim form.
👉 Does Bajaj Allianz car insurance offer any discount on purchasing or renewing car insurance policy?Ans: Yes, Bajaj Allianz car insurance offers 5% discount on own damage subject to the age between 35 and 45 years and 10% discount subject to the age between 46 and 65 years. It also offers 5% discount for policyholders who are on following positions; charted accountants, employees of state and central government, charted accountants, teachers in government schools, doctors in government hospitals.
Ans: Yes, you can transfer NCB of your previous car insurance to the new one purchased from Bajaj Allianz car insurance. There are multiple other benefits that are offered under Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance.
Ans: Yes, all you need to do is simply transfer your NCB of your previous car insurer to Bajaj Allianz car insurance. You will be able to enjoy all the benefits the same as you were enjoying with your previous insurance policy.
Ans: It covers damages caused to your own car due to an accident, collision, natural calamity etc. In addition to your own damage, it also covers third-party legal liabilities in case of bodily injuries, damage, as well as property damage.
Ans: The insured is entitled to a no-claim-bonus for all the claim free years. It is the discount on the car insurance premium that is provided to the insured at the time of policy renewal.
Ans: No-claim bonus can be transferred while switching your car insurance provider. It depends on the number of claim free years, as it reflects positively on your driving record and car maintenance. No claim bonus is not applicable to third party damages.
Ans: Zero depreciation is provided in comprehensive car insurance. In case of an accidental damage or collision, the insurance company will compensate the entire cost without any deductions. One can buy it as an add-on cover at the time of policy purchase.
👉 What is the significance of Insured Declared Value or IDV while calculating car insurance premium?Ans: It is the current market value of a vehicle that you get after deducting the depreciation on its parts. The registration cost of the vehicle is also excluded. The IDV of non-factor fitted parts is calculated separately.
The IDV of a car with fitted accessories is to be calculated at the time of policy purchase or renewal on the basis of the selling price listed by the manufacturer of a particular brand and model. The depreciation is also adjusted on the basis of the car age as mentioned in the table below. It is applicable for claims arising out of total loss or constructive total loss only.
Car Age Depreciation (%) For Fixing IDV Up to 6 months 5% 6 months to 1 year 15% 1 year to years 20% 2 year to 3 years 30% 3 to 4 years 40% 4 to 5 years 50%
Ans: It is the amount that the insured needs to pay from his/her own pocket. For instance, in the event of an accident, the cost of repair comes up to Rs. 10,000 then as mentioned in the documents, the insurance company will pay 8,000 and remaining amount i.e. the deductibles will be paid by the policyholder.
Ans: A third-party vehicle insurance policy is essential to buy for every car owner or driver. It pays the third-for bodily injury, damages, and property damages caused by the insured car.
Note: This is your car’s recommended IDV as per IRDAI’s depreciation guidelines.asdfsad However, insurance companies allow you to modify this IDV within a certain range (this range varies from insurer to insurer). Higher the IDV, higher the premium you pay.Read More