United India Car Insurance
United India Car Insurance is a type of motor insurance policy designed to protect an insured private car from any unforeseen loss or damages. It is the motor insurance segment of United India Insurance Co. Ltd. The company has been offering car insurance policies for the past several years and covers private cars against any unpredictable losses, damages or liabilities.
Car insurance in India is mandatory. The motor vehicle laws of India has mandated all private cars running on the public roads to be covered under a car insurance policy offering third party liability coverage. United India Car Insurance fulfils this requirement of third party liability coverage in their car insurance plans.
Car insurance by United India Motor Insurance is issued for a policy term of one year. However, the newly purchased cars can get insurance policy with a tenure of three years.
Features and Benefits of United India Car Insurance
United India Vehicle Insurance comes with the following features and benefits to its customers:
- Cashless Repair Facility – This policy comes with the cashless repair facility if the repair work is made at one of the network garages of United India car insurance. Currently, the company has over 456 network garages across the country.
- Vintage Car Discount – The insurer grants a 25% discount on premiums to all cars manufactured before 31 December 1940 and certified by the Vintage & Classic Cars Club of India. However, this discount is only applicable to own damage cover.
- High Incurred Claim Ratio – In the year 2018-19, United India Motor Insurance has been identified with one of the highest incurred claim ratio or ICR of 120.79% amongst all motor insurance companies in India.
- Anti-Theft Device Discount – A 2.5% discount, up to a maximum of Rs 200, will be granted on the premium amount to car owners who have an approved anti-theft device installed in their cars. This discount is also applicable to own damage cover only.
- No Claim Bonus – United India car insurance grants the No Claim Bonus (NCB) benefit to all policyholders who do not make any claims during their previous policy tenures. This bonus or discount is granted at the time of renewal only and can be accumulated up to a maximum of 50%. The insurer will only grant NCB if the policy is renewed within 90 days of the previous policy expiry date.
- Modified/ Specially Designed Car Discount – Under this policy, a discount of 50% on own damage cover is granted to all cars that have been modified or specially designed for the handicapped, blind or mentally challenged people.
- Coverage Extension – United India Car Insurance comes with certain covers that can be used to extend the coverage of the policy by paying an additional premium amount. They include coverage personal accident cover for unnamed people, CNG/ LPG bi-fuel kits, electrical or electronic fittings, fibreglass fuel tanks and geographical area extension.
- Automobile Association Membership Discount – If the owner of the car has a membership at the Automobile Association of India, then a 5% discount on the own damage cover (up to a maximum of Rs 200) will be granted to them.
Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance
Bharti AXA Car Insurance
Chola MS Car Insurance
Digit Car Insurance
Edelweiss Car Insurance
Future Generali Car Insurance
IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance
Kotak Mahindra Car Insurance
Liberty Car Insurance
National Car Insurance
New India Assurance Car Insurance
Oriental Car Insurance
Raheja QBE Car Insurance
Reliance General Car Insurance
Royal Sundaram Car Insurance
SBI Car Insurance
Shriram Car Insurance
Tata AIG Car Insurance
Universal Sompo Car Insurance
Inclusions of United India Car Insurance
United India Car Insurance provides coverage for the following incidents:
- Loss or Damage to the Car – This policy protects the insured car from any loss or damage caused due to fire, accidents, riots, burglary, explosion, strike, terrorist acts, malicious acts, natural disasters, including earthquakes, landslide, floods, etc, or while in transit. This cover is also known as the Own-Damage cover.
- Personal Accident Cover for the Owner-Driver – Any bodily injuries caused to the owner-driver of the insured car while driving or while getting in/ out of the car will be compensated by the United India Car Insurance. They will also provide compensation if these injuries lead to his death.
- Third Party Liabilities – It will cover any legal liabilities of the owner-driver of the insured car for causing bodily injuries, death or property damages to a third party person in an accident. United India Vehicle Insurance will not only cover the liabilities arising out of an accident caused by the owner-driver of the car but also the liabilities of any other person driving the car with the policyholder’s permission.
Add-On Covers of United India Car Insurance
United India Car insurance comes with several add-on covers that can be used to enhance the coverage of the insurance policy by paying an additional premium amount. Below is a list of add-on covers available under car insurance by United India Motor Insurance:
- Nil depreciation
- Courtesy car
- Return to invoice
- Medical expenses
- Engine and gearbox protection
- Personal effects
Add-ons for your car insurance
Exclusions of United India Car Insurance
United India Vehicle Insurance will not indemnify any claims arising out of the following situations:
- Outside Geographical Area – It will not cover any liabilities or damage/ loss suffered by the insured car or the driver outside the geographical area mentioned in the policy document.
- Wear and Tear – This policy will not cover any expenses arising out of the regular wear and tear of the insured car.
- Beyond Usage Limitations – If the insured car is used for a purpose other than personal use, then the insurer will not cover any loss/ damages or liabilities arising out of it.
- Contractual Liability – United India Vehicle Insurance will not cover any contractual liabilities arising out of the insured car.
- War – Any loss or damages sustained by the insured car due to war, warlike operations or an act of war will be excluded under this policy.
- Consequential Loss – It will not cover any consequential loss suffered by the insured car, which is not directly caused by any of the covered reasons under the policy, such as natural liabilities, fire, etc.
- Drunk Driving – Driving under the influence of intoxicants, such as alcohol or drugs, is a punishable offence. Hence, this policy will not cover any liabilities, damages or losses caused due to drunk driving the insured car.
- Nuclear Weapons – Any loss or damages caused to the insured car following a nuclear attack or leakage will not be covered by the insurance company.
- Depreciation – This policy will not cover any losses suffered by the owner-driver of the insured car due to the vehicle’s depreciating value.
- No Valid Driving License – As per the motor laws of India, it is illegal to drive a car without a valid driving license. Therefore, United India car insurance will not cover any liabilities, loss or damages suffered by the insured car or its driver if he is found driving without a valid license.
- Mechanical or Electrical Breakdown – The insurer will not pay for any loss or damages suffered by the insured car following an electrical or mechanical breakdown.
How to Renew United India Car Insurance Online?
United India Car Insurance renewal on time is important to continue availing policy benefits. Just like the United India Commercial Vehicle Insurance renewal, an existing policyholder can easily renew his United India Car insurance online. All they need to do is follow the procedure mentioned below:
- Go to the renewal section on the top of the page
- You may be asked to enter certain information about your previous policy, such as the policy number as well as your personal details, such as your mobile number
- Review the plan coverage and check your details
- You can add or remove any add-on covers from the plan if you want
- Check the premium quote for the plan
- Pay the premium amount for United India Car insurance online via net banking or by credit/ debit cards
- Once the payment has been made, United India Insurance Co. Ltd. will renew your policy
It is recommended to compare the renewal premium and coverage of United India car insurance plans online with plans from other insurers to get the best car insurance for your vehicle.
Contact Details of United India Car Insurance Company
Address: S. No. 46/1, E-Space, A-2 Building, 3rd Floor, Pune - Nagar Road, Vadgaonsheri, Pune - 411014, Maharashtra.
Phone Number: (020) 25300128 UAN : 1860-233-4448
Customer Care: 1800-233-4505/1800-233-1166
FAQs About United India Car Insurance
Ans: Calling a car insurance company good or bad is a personal choice. United India Car Insurance has been offering insurance for over 80 years and has a high incurred claim ratio. However, it is best to compare the coverage and benefits of United India car insurance with other motor insurers at Policybazaar before arriving at a decision.
Ans: One can easily renew United India car insurance online by entering the required details at the renewal section, reviewing the plan and paying the premium amount online
Ans: Yes. United India car insurance offers several discounts to car owners under their motor insurance plans. They are:
- No Claim Bonus
- Anti-theft device discount
- Vintage car discount
- Modified/ specially designed car discount
- Automobile Association membership discount
Ans: Yes. United India car insurance offers No Claim Bonus to policyholders on renewal if you do not file any claim during the previous policy tenure. You can earn up to 50% discount if you don’t make any claims for five consecutive years.
However, NCB is non-transferrable and thus, cannot be transferred to the new owner of the insured car in case you decide to sell the car. The NCB is awarded to the policyholder for not making any car insurance claims and not to the car.
Ans: Yes. On the payment of an additional premium, United India car insurance will grant coverage for the following:
- Electrical/ electronic fittings
- Geographical area extension to Bangladesh, Maldives, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Pakistan and Nepal
- Fibreglass fuel tanks
- Personal accident cover for unnamed drivers and passengers
- CNG/ LPG bi-fuel kit
Ans: The United India Insurance Company offers 3 modes of premium payment namely:
- Cash payment at the branch
- Online Payment
- Mobile- M power
For the online payment mode, the policyholder can pay via;
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Net banking
Ans: Please visit the nearest office of the United India Insurance company to inquire about the policy status.
Ans: If you purchased the policy online you should renew it online before 30 days of the expiry.
Online Renewal Procedure
- Step1: Enter your Policy number and Expiry Date to login into e-portal
- Step2: Choose the the payment option - Debit/Credit Card or Net Banking to pay
- Step3: Print/Save cyber receipt of the premium deposit
Alternatively, you can pay via M-Power
Procedure: Visit the Merchant Interbank Mobile Payment Service (IMPS) section on your Mobile Banking application and just input:
- Merchant Mobile No: 8939815005
- Merchant MMID: 9036001
- Amount: *
- Payment Reference: *
- MPIN :
Ans: Download the suitable claims from e-portal. Deposit it with the required documents at the customer service desk in your nearest branch. The company will make the necessary inquiries and if satisfied will reimburse the claim amount in a few days.
Ans: You can cancel the policy before it is expired. Just visit the nearest branch with the policy documents and fill up a surrender form. Submit it and within a few days the refund will be directly credited in your bank account.
Note: This is your car’s recommended IDV as per IRDAI’s depreciation guidelines.asdfsad However, insurance companies allow you to modify this IDV within a certain range (this range varies from insurer to insurer). Higher the IDV, higher the premium you pay.Read More