TATA Altroz Car Insurance
Tata Altroz is a premium hatchback car produced by Tata Motors. This car was revealed at the 89th Geneva International Motor Show. In the Indian market, this car was launched on 22nd January 2020. Tata Motors is also going to launch an electric version of Altroz which will be on sale around late 2021 or early 2022. Tata Motors is known for manufacturing the safest cars but purchasing Tata Altroz insurance is also necessary. Let us tell you more about the car and its insurance policy.
Features Of Tata Altroz
With the uplift version of Altroz, Tata motors have totally changed the looks along with the interiors. Be it the safety of the passengers and the security of the SUV, it has almost all the features a smart SUV requires.
- You can adjust the steering wheel according to your height as well as pull it out at your convenience.
- There is an infotainment touchscreen that gives the car a smart look from the inside.
- You can utilize the touchscreen to navigate anywhere you want in case you get lost.
- You can also connect your mobile through Bluetooth and make calls and play music from it.
- You get steering-mounted controls so that you have all the controls on your fingertips to avoid distraction.
- The cutting-edge design of the new Altroz gives the car a sharper look.
- The front grilles and headlamps with DRLs make it look even better than any other car.
- The top model of the car has sharp alloy wheels of 195/55 R16.
- The car has a bold presence on the road because of its cutting-edge looks.
Specifications Of Tata Altroz
1.5L Turbochraged Revotorq
No. of cylinders
Forward wheel drive
Emission norm compliance
Mileage as per ARAI
Fuel tank capacity (L)
Tata Altroz Car Insurance: Inclusions
Make sure to read out the inclusions of the comprehensive insurance policy while purchasing. It is recommended so that you are aware of the things that you will get coverage for. Here it is.
- Damage caused in the road accident to the insured car is covered.
- Damage caused to the third party is covered.
- Medical expenses after the treatment of the third party coming out of an accident.
- Damage caused to the Tata Altroz due to natural calamities such as earthquakes, floods, typhoons, etc.
- In case of total loss caused to the car in an accident that led to more than 70% of Tata Altroz.
- If the total loss of Tata Altroz takes place due to fire accident, road accident, explosion, etc.
- Purchasing a personal accident cover is mandatory apart from a comprehensive insurance plan to get coverage up to Rs. 15 lakh for personal loss or damage.
Tata Altroz Car Insurance: Exclusions
As much as it is important to know what you are covered for, you need to make sure of the things that are not covered under this insurance plan. Here it is.
- If the driver is found driving the car under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- In case of normal wear and tear of the car.
- If the driver is found driving the car without a valid driving license.
- If the driver is found rash driving the car.
- If the driver is found driving the car for commercial purposes such as cab or goods carrier.
- If the driver is found driving the car out of the geographical area specified in the plan.
- If the car gets damaged while carrying any nuclear weapons.
- If there is any loss or damage that takes place due to any electrical or mechanical failure.
Add-ons for your car insurance
Bumper to Bumper Insurance
Car Accessories Cover
Compulsory Personal Accident Cover
Daily Allowance Cover
Engine Protection Cover
Key Replacement Cover
Multi-Year Car Insurance
No Claim Bonus (NCB) in Car Insurance
Personal Possessions Cover
Return To Invoice
Rim Damage Cover
Tyre Protector Cover
Voluntary Deductible in Car Insurance
Zero Depreciation Car Insurance
Tata Altroz Insurance: Add-Ons
Tata Altroz's insurance plan comes with a particular set of coverage. However, the insurance company provides several add-ons that you can purchase to get extra coverage if you are not satisfied with the existing one. You just have to pay an extra amount to get any add-on provided by the insurer
- Roadside assistance add-on
- Consumable add-on
- No claim bonus add-on
- Passengers add-on
- Alternative vehicle add-on
- Zero depreciation add-on
- Key replacement add-on
- Return to invoice add-on
- Personal belongings add-on
How To Buy Tata Altroz Car Insurance?
Follow the procedure given below to buy the Tata car insurance online for the Altroz car:
- Go to the website of Policybazaar Insurance Brokers Private Limited and click on the ‘car insurance’ icon.
- A form asking for the Altroz car’s registration number will appear
- Enter the registration number or skip it by choosing the option given below
- Choose the specifications and other details of the Altroz car, such as model type, fuel type, registration year, RTO, etc.
- Fill in the form asking for the contact details of the Altroz car’s owner.
- Select the coverage preferred for the Altroz car.
- The Tata Altroz insurance price for multiple plans will be shown.
- Pick the plan to be purchased and pay its Tata Altroz insurance price online.
- The insurer will issue the Tata insurance policy for the Altroz car.
How To Renew Tata Altroz Insurance Online?
If you are a Tata Altroz car insurance policyholder then you can renew the policy online. It is mandatory to renew the insurance plan before expiration to stay protected. Here are the steps you can follow to renew car insurance policy.
- Visit the Policybazaar Insurance Brokers Private Limited website.
- Fill in the policy number of your existing insurance plan.
- Once you enter the policy number, you can access the insurance plan.
- You can add or remove any add-on as per your requirement and budget.
- If you add an add-on the premium will increase, if you remove one then the premium will decrease.
- Make sure you have designed the insurance plan according to yourself.
- Now click on the “Renew” button.
- It will take you to the payment page. Locate the “Payment’ tab and make the payment.
- You can make the payment using UPI, Credit/debit card, net banking.
- Once the payment is done, you will get a receipt on your registered mobile number and get the renewed and updated insurance plan on your registered mobile number.
Q: What if I have parked the car and a truck runs over my car and damages the car to an extent that it cannot be repaired. Will I get coverage for it?
Ans: Yes, under the clause of Total loss you will get coverage for the damaged car as per your IDV. It is because the insurance company provides coverage for the car that got damaged more than 70% and it cannot be repaired.
Q: Will I get coverage for the damage caused to the Tata Altroz if the passengers of the car get injured in an accident?
Ans: If you have opted for the passenger add-on cover then the insurer will provide coverage for the injured passengers.
Ans: No claim bonus is a type of bonus that is provided by the insurer for not raising a claim during the 1 year of the policy tenure. The insurer provides a discount on the consecutive year’s premium amount as specified by the IRDA
Find similar car insurance quotes by body type
Note: This is your car’s recommended IDV as per IRDAI’s depreciation guidelines.asdfsad However, insurance companies allow you to modify this IDV within a certain range (this range varies from insurer to insurer). Higher the IDV, higher the premium you pay.
Car insurance articles
19 May 2022When you buy a car, you get a temporary vehicle registration...
17 May 2022KP in car insurance refers to the Key Protect add-on cover that...
12 May 2022When it comes to transmission systems in cars, there are two...
09 May 2022A car insurance policy is not just a mandatory requirement but...
06 May 2022If you are planning to get a CNG kit fitted in your car or...