IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance
IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance Overview:
IFFCO Tokio General Insurance is a joint venture between IFFCO (The Indian Farmers Co-operative), Tokio Marine and Nichido Fire Group. The IFFCO Tokio General Insurance Company was incorporated on 4th December 2000. Know More About IFFCO TOKIO General Insurance
Life is full of uncertainty and the only way to come out of any such untoward event is being prepared for it. This implies not only for our personal life but for all our valuable possessions such our car or bike, we use for daily commuting. IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance Plans have been premeditated to cater to the needs of those who plan ahead well for any calamity related to their four wheeler vehicle. Correspondingly to its various other plans, IFFCO Tokio ensures all the assortment of misfortune events are well covered under its Car Insurance Plan. IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance Policy includes coverage for any legal liabilities following death, injury or property damage of third parties, arising out of your vehicle use.
IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance Plan Overview
IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance
Third Party Cover
Up to 7,00,000
Up to 2,00,000
It covers damage or loss to own car incurred due to any natural or man-made calamities.
Key Benefits and Features of IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance:
- IFFCO Tokio Online Car Insurance Plan to meet the expectations of those who want to protect their valuable asset without sparing time from their busy schedule.
- Complete peace of mind to customers by covering all possible aspects of calamities such as act of god, physical damage, theft etc.
- Online enrolment, renewal and a host of other features.
- Instant digitally signed plan document availed through IFFCO Tokio offices, point of sale (POS) centres, or for online purchases.
- Hassle free processing and simple documentation.
- Doorstep service for new enrolment or renewal cases, including arrangements for free inspection, in respect of break in insurance cases.
- A vast network of 2,000 network garages/workshops to provide tranquil claim settlement.
- Well trained in-house surveyors to ensure that every claim is being attended within the least expected time frame
- Usage of online e-survey claims module by both in-house and external surveyors, for lowest turn around time (TAT) in claim settlement.
- IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance offers pan India help desk for 24x7 assistance relating to claims.
- A multitude of emergency assistance services can be availed through IFFCO Tokio ‘On Road Protector Coverage’ at a nominal extra premium, along with this Plan.
- Unique bouquet of additional benefits available through IFFCO Tokio ‘Value Auto Coverage’ at a small extra premium, along with this Plan
Scope of Coverage Under IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance Policy
The IFFCO Tokio Car insurance policy is offered in two different variants, one is liability only plan and other is the Package plan.
The Liability Only Plan
This has been deliberated to meet the requirements as per mandatory clauses of Motor Vehicles Act. This plan covers two most critical aspects of the Motor Vehicle Act.
- Personal Accident Cover: The driver-owner is duly covered under the personal accident cover of Rs. 2 lakh while travelling in, mounting or dismounting from the vehicle.
- Third Party Legal Liability: A protection cover for an amount up to Rs. 7,50,000 against legal liability arising due to accidental damages or any permanent injury/death of a person and/or any damage caused to the property.
The Package Plan
This is an all-inclusive coverage IFFCO Tokio car insurance policy to ensure protection from all possible catastrophes in the future. This plan covers the below mentioned spheres in insurance:
- In the event of any loss or damage caused to the vehicle due to the natural and manmade calamities.
- To define natural calamities events such as fire, explosion, self-ignition or lightning, earthquake, flood, typhoon, hurricane, storm, tempest, inundation, cyclone, hailstorm, frost, landslide, rockslide are included in the plan
- Any loss of damage done due to events such as burglary, theft, riot, strike, malicious act, accident by external means, any damage in transit by road, rail, inland waterway, lift, elevator or air, are defined as manmade calamities.
- Personal accident cover: A personal accident cover of Rs. 2 lakh is provided for individual owner driver of the vehicle insured while travelling in, mounting or dismounting from the vehicle. the cover is for death and any kind of permanent disability
- Third party legal liability: The Liability Only Plan offers extensive protection against legal liability arising due to accidental damages, any permanent injury/ death of a person and/or any damage caused to the property for an amount up to Rs. 7,50,000.
- Reimbursement of expenses up to Rs. 1,500 following an accident to the insured vehicle, for protection, removal/towing and redelivery of the car.
- Other Important extension covers are also available basis additional premium amount.
- Loss/damage to electrical/non-electrical accessories and to CNG/LPG fuel kit.
- Personal Accident Cover for unnamed passengers.
- Wider legal liability cover for driver/conductor.
- Participation in rallies by the insured vehicle.
Additional Personal Accident covers are available under Private Car policies
- Personal accident cover to the Owner Driver
- Cover for to the Paid driver
- Personal accident cover to the Unnamed occupants
- IFFCO Tokio offers Personal accident cover to the named occupants
Claim Bonus(NCB) in IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance
For those customers who haven’t made any claim in the previous year, IFFCO Tokio recompenses such cases through its No Claim Bonus in various IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance plans.
- Can be accumulated over a period of time
- Ranges from minimum 20% up to maximum 50%
- For any claim once done, the no claim bonus become null and void
- The validity is 90 days from the date of expiry of the plan
- For cases where existing vehicle is sold and a new car is purchased NCB can be utilised within 3 years
- NCB recovery to be done in case of a name transfer
- NCB gets transferred to the legal heir in case of death of customer
- NCB can be transferred to the new vehicle in case of Substitution of vehicle of the same class
- NCB earned abroad can be given in India
Exclusion under the IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance Policy
No compensation or reimbursement of expenses shall be paid if the loss or damage is due to the following events:
- In the event of any loss or damage or liability which has happened beyond the geographic area as defined in the plan documents
- The claims which are due to direct or indirect result of any kind of contractual accord or any usage of vehicle other than agreed or defined shall not be accepted under the plan benefit.
- Any accident which has involved a third person in the capacity of driver other than the mentioned driver in plan enrolment form, will not be a valid loss for claim
- No claims shall be paid for any accident occurred due to direct or consequential result under the influence of intoxicating liquor/drugs.
- In case the vehicle is being driven without a valid licence holder, no claims will be included in the plan benefit.
- Any loss or damage due to any war and nuclear perils.
- No separate claim shall be reimbursed for any damage to tyres/tubes unless insured vehicle is also damaged in the same incident. The maximum reimbursement could be up to 50% of replacement cost will be paid.
- Mechanical or electrical breakdown, depreciation, wear and tear.
Value Added plans by IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance
IFFCO Tokio’s 24x7 On Road Assistance policy
This IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance policy is a value adds service to those who have enrolled under IFFCO Tokio’s Private Car Comprehensive Plan purchased online. This service not only brings a stillness in the day to day busy schedule of a customer but also lends a hand in cases of immobilisation of the vehicle during travel or at home/work.
The features of this plan are:
- Arrangement of safe towing of vehicle post any accident to the nearest authorised dealer or workshop within a radius of 100 kilometres from the nearest IFFCO Tokio branch city centre.
- In the event of any technical glitch or electrical breakdown and the same can be repaired either at customer’s office, home or at the roadside, this plan offers assistance by sending qualified technician at the site of incident and repair the covered vehicle. The services would cover, however not limited to:
- Dead battery
- Spare key pick-up and delivery (in case of locked keys)
- Flat tyre services
- Other minor mechanical and electrical repairs at roadside
- For cases where the vehicle has run out of fuel, necessary arrangement for refuelling up to 5 litres can be made. Customer may avail this facility only twice in the total term of plan.
- In the event where customer is stranded in any remote location, apart from safe towing, arrangements for a taxi shall be made on request basis under this plan.
- Hotel accommodation can be made on request in case the covered vehicle is immobilised. The hotel bill shall be paid by the customer.
- Services of medical co-ordination are available under this plan wherein IFFCO Tokio will co-ordinate for medical assistance or information and provide information. All cost to be paid by the customer.
- In any unexpected event where the Insured’s car is immobilised and the customer wish to contact his family or friends urgently, IFFCO Tokio on customers request will arrange a conference call for him on the number shared by him/her on the phone carried by our technician.
Exclusions Under The Road Assistance Policy By IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance
- The above mentioned benefits are available only for customers who have enrolled online to the car insurance plans. All the terms and conditions under the plans shall be solely and shall be at complete discretion of IFFCO Tokio General Insurance Co. Ltd.
Value Auto Coverage policy by IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance
A host of distinctive supplementary benefits are offered to customers who have already availed IFFCO Tokio’s Motor Package Plan.
The key features are:
- 12 benefit plans to choose from depending on the coverage applicants needs. Applicants may choose any 3 plans as per their requirement.
- The premium computation is done separately for each Section and the minimum premium for this coverage is Rs. 1,500 plus service tax for private cars.
- The flexibility to choose the maximum limit at the time of enrolling the IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance plan.
- Waiver offered on depreciation value for partial loss claims under the traditional motor insurance plan.
- Reimbursement of difference amount between current ex-showroom price and IDV of the vehicle as mentioned in the IFFCO Tokio Motor Package insurance plan for cases of complete loss claims.
- Daily travelling allowance for a period till the settlement/claim is done
- Additional cover on loss of personal belongings, either are damaged or stolen from the locked vehicle.
- In cases to any eventuality with the occupant of the vehicle including driver but excluding any paid passengers
- Enhanced personal accident cover as compared to the traditional motor insurance plan.
- Add on coverage, over and above Rs. 7,50,000 limit, as per the basic Motor Plan on the third party property damage liability cover.
- Expenses incurred towards the removal and storage of the vehicle which are not repairable at spot and removal of debris or wreckage.
Other Important Terms & Conditions in IFFCO Tokio Motor Insurance Plans
- In case of change in ownership, a fresh application should be submitted within 14 days of such change by the transferee, along with required documents and payment of fees/additional premium for the continuation of plan.
- For expenses towards the replacement of spare parts, the depreciation shall be taken into count. Apart from this the amount of claim shall be derived post consideration of vehicle age and category of parts. Claims of this nature are also subject to a compulsory excess/deductible, which depends on the c.c. of the vehicle.
- Insured’s Declared Value (IDV) shall be derived post deduction of depreciation value (based on the vehicle age) from the actual price as quoted by the basis manufacturer’s listed selling price and inclusive of all accessories and parts.
- Any further changes in the IFFCO Tokio Car insurance plan post commencement of the plan shall have to be evidenced vide a written agreement referred as endorsement.
- The plan is endowed to the vehicle rather the owner of the same. Hence in cases where the original applicant is selling of his vehicle to a third party, the Insurance also has to be transferred in the name of the buyer within 14 days from the date of transfer of the vehicle in his/her name.
Other Value Added Services Offered in IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance Policy
An amalgamation of various online services such as:
- Online enrolment for various plans instantly
- Renewal of existing IFFCO Tokio Motor Insurance plan
- Renewal of Motor Insurance Plan with IFFCO Tokio which is currently with other Insurance Company
- In less than a minute you can purchase a Comprehensive Motor Insurance Plan for your brand new vehicle at competitive prices, click below
- Premium Payment
- Garage Locator
- Branch Locator
FAQs – IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance
1. How to pay premium for IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance? What are the modes of payment available?
The IFFCO Tokio car insurance premium can be paid in 4 modes:
- Cash/cheque payment at the company branch.
- Online Payment
- Via Mobile App
- By post
For the online payment mode, the policyholder can pay via;
- Credit card
- Debit card
- Net banking
2. What is the Claim Procedure under Iffco Tokio Car Insurance?
An insurance contract is based completely upon the info given by the policyholder in proposal form. Therefore, a proposal form is the basis of every insurance policy.
Some important steps to follow as a part of IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance claim procedure:
- Any kind of damage or loss shall be immediately intimated to the insurance provider.
- On receiving report about the damage or loss, the company will automatically forward IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance claim form to you.
- You need to submit the claim form after filling it up, in addition to an estimate document of the total loss occurred to the insured car. For clearer records and quicker settlement, it is advisable to provide an estimate that has been itemized and shows separate values.
- The company will then arrange for an inspection session for the damaged car to evaluate the total loss. In event of a major loss, a licensed and specialized surveyor shall be deputed.
- The policyholder is then required to present the essential documents in order to validate the extent of loss as mentioned by him.
- In event of the reason for loss not being established, it is the insured person’s responsibility to establish that the damage or loss has happened due to a peril that is insured as per the IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance Policy copy.
- After an agreement being complete between the insurer and the insured regarding the amount of claim, the claim shall be settled by the company.
- The excess, as stated in the terms and conditions of the policy, shall be subtracted from the amount of claim that is payable.
NOTE: Please remember that the above mentioned documents are analytic and depend on the situations arising out of a claim. Therefore, the insurance provider might require some additional documents as well.
3. What is the IFFCO Tokio car insurance policy renewal process?
You can pay your renewal premium in 3 easy steps online, if you are a registered user:
Step 1: Enter your policy details to login into e-portal
Step 2: Select the payment option debit/credit card or net banking to pay
Step 3: Save or print the premium deposit receipt
Walk into nearest branch to deposit cash/cheque.
5. What is the policy cancellation process for IFFCO Tokio car insurance?
You can visit the nearest branch with your policy documents to surrender. The refund will be directly credited into your bank and intimated to you by an SMS.
6. How can I contact IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance company?
IFFCO Tokio aims at providing unmatched standard of services and convenience to its customers. The insurer ensures 100% service support through its numerous branches, thickly spread across our nation. You can reach out to the insurer through the following means:
- Through IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance Customer Care Number
- Via Email
- Through the company’s ‘Contact us’ Form.
- By Post at the following address: Corporate Office, IFFCO Tower, Plot Number 3, Sector 29, Gurgaon -122001. Haryana (India)
7. What documents are required for IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance Renewal?
Following are the documents required for IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance Renewal:
- Renewal Reply Form
- One cheque to pay the premium
- In the Renewal Reply Form, the customer can also incorporate any changes that he wishes to make in the coverage of his IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance Policy.
8. In what situations does the insurer need the policyholder to submit a Proposal Form?
IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance demands a proposal form from the policyholder in case of the following circumstances:
- In case of a new business
- In case insurance policy being renewed by another insurer
- In case of interest transfer
- In case Liability Only Coverage is being converted to Package Policy
- At the time of the insured car’s substitution
- To make any alterations in the insured car at the time when policy is existing or at the time of IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance Renewal.
9. How does a policyholder receive the IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance Policy Copy after the application?
A. You shall receive the IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance Policy Copy via email as well as a hardcopy of that same policy document. The hardcopy shall be delivered to your Indian address by courier. While in case of an online policy, the softcopy shall be sent to the e-mail ID of the policyholder registered with the insurance company.
10. For how long is IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance policy issued?
All the motor insurance policies are valid for a term of 12 months. However, an extension for a term not more than 12 months shall be acceptable with a due approval from the concerned person or department, in order to ensure that the renewals of the policyholders fall on the same date or because of some other reason for the customer’s convenience.
- Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance
- Bharti AXA Car Insurance
- Cholamandalam Car Insurance
- Future Generali Car Insurance Plan
- HDFC Ergo Car Insurance
- Liberty Car Insurance
- National Insurance Car Insurance
- New India Assurance Car Insurance
- Oriental Car Insurance
- Raheja QBE Car Insurance
- Reliance General Car Insurance
- Royal Sundaram Car Insurance
- SBI Car Insurance
- Shriram Car Insurance
- Tata AIG Car Insurance
- United India Car Insurance
- Universal Sompo Car Insurance
- Universal Sompo Goods Carrying Vehicle
- Universal Sompo Passenger Carrying Vehicles
- What are the Steps for Tata AIG Car Insurance Renewal?
- 5 Types of Car Insurance Coverage Explained
- What Is Covered Under Third Party Car Insurance Policy?
- What is Engine Protection Cover in Auto Insurance?
- How a Zero-Dep Car Insurance Policy Benefits You during Claims?
- Dos and Don'ts While Filing Car Insurance
IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance Reviews
Drive with safety
It is needed to purchase the car insurance policy but the issue is which insurance is better. I have taken iffco tokio car insurance policy. Policy coverage is high and claims are even much better. Tow car facility is provided which is absolutely free.
Full Car Security
Buying iffco tokio car insurance policy is nice decision to make which suggested by my friend. The benefits are many and the investment is less. Great policy, tow car facility is for free at any location. Large number of garages makes easy to get fast service.
Really want a good car insurance policy which provided by iffco tokio general insurance. Service is great and on time. Tow facility is for free at any location and online renewal is simple to do on online portal of the company site. Coverage is high and claims are even better.
IFFCO Tokio car insurance policy i have purchased, it come's with good payback returns. Policy coverage is high and claims are easy to sanctioned. Service is fast and tow facility is free at any location. Except tires and interior parts of the car, the vehicle is fully insured.
Iffco Car Care
I have a car insurance which i took it from iffco tokio general insurance. The policy coverage is maximum and it covers/insure whole car except tires and fiber parts. Claims are high and easy to sanctioned because the service is fast and on time facilitate by the executives.
The car insurance plan is good for security of car. It prevent the car from accident, burglary, theft etc. Policy coverage is high and premium is less. Service is fantastic which is facilitate by the company members. Even tow facility is provided at any location which is absolutely free of cost.
Car Insurance Plan
My car insurance plan is nice but it not cover the tires, fiber parts and the interior of the car in the policy. Service is good which facilitate by each garage and large number of garages are there. The tow facility is also in the insurance at any location. Claims are easily sanctioned and the renewal can be done by online website.
Superb Car Insurance
The car insurance policy plan i have is superbly awesome. Thanks iffco tokio general insurance for the great policy. Policy coverage is 98% and the claims are around 3 L. The service is fantastic, toe car facility is provided for free and the huge numbers of garages are facilitate the service to the customers.
My car insurance policy plan which i took from iffco tokio general insurance is provide great policy coverage ~99% and the claims are Rs.2 L. Service is quick and the garages provide toe car facility. Nice policy plan, i like it.
I purchase car insurance policy plan from iffco tokio general insurance. The customer service is very slow and bad response from staff members. Claims takes months to clear and the coverage is very low.
Late Renewal Penalty
I had car insurance policy plan with iffco tokio general insurance. I forget to pay premium so after due date i pay the money and the penalty is very less. So good and cooperate behaviour from executives and staff members of the company. Really happy with it.
IFFCO Tokio general insurance car policy plan is okay, but just the policy coverage is bad. Very less coverage is provided please improve it. Service is good and the claims are ~Rs.1.9 Lakh. Garages are around 89% in good range with toe car facilities.
Wonderful Car Plan
Claims are very good and the fiber parts and the interiors of the car are also included with full recovery. Policy coverage is 91% and the premiums are less. Wonderful car insurance policy plan, good work iffco tokio general insurance. And the range of the working garages are near.
Fantastic Policy Plan
My insurer iffco tokio general insurance provides me fantastic car insurance policy plan. Policy coverage is high ~95% and the claims are ~Rs.3 L. Investments are low and returns are high. Large amount of garages are providing fast services. I like it.
Damn good car policy i got from iffco tokio general insurance. Policy coverage is 92% and the claims are high ~2.3 L with low investment approx. 4799. Service is fast and always on time from the executives and members of the company. Good job.
I buy car insurance policy plan from iffco tokio general insurance. Service is slow in our region but the other thing are good, so the waiting is neglected. Small number of garages are present but all are working, just the toe car facility is not there. Policy covers good ratio of the damage and the claims are not for whole car.
Car insurance policy plan is good and the premiums are low. Policy claims are ~2 L and the coverage is 70% with good and fast services provided by the company members. The fiber parts are included in the claims but the interiors of the car is not. Good number of garages are in service and working for customers.
My car policy plan is good and nice benefits i got from it like the policy coverage is 91% and the service is okay but the behaviour of the executives and staff members are nice. Few number of garages are present but all are in working condition with full assistance.
I have car insurance policy for my brand new car which i bought from iffco tokio general insurance. The policy is good and the large number of garages are providing great services and taking good care of the cars and the customers too. Good coverage and claims also with low premiums.
better policy than others.
I have car insurance policy plan with iffco tokio general insurance which is better than others. Policy coverage and claims are high and the investments are low. The number of garages in the city is huge approx. 80%. That's why the service is fast and the looks of the car after recovery is brand new.
Fair Policy Plan
My car insurance policy plan is iffco tokio general insurance. Policy coverage is high ~82% and the premiums are low ~3499. Claims are high and the fiber parts and interiors of the car are included in the claims. Service is good with good number of garages.
I purchase car insurance policy plan and the service provided by the iffco tokio general insurance is really very fast with full caring. Policy coverage is 83% and the claims are not for fiber parts. Approx. 92% garages of the city is providing services.
Claims are less
Car insurance is must in this risky roads, so i buy it from iffco tokio car insurance policy plan. Policy coverage is 82% and the premiums are low. Services are good with good number of garages. Just the claiming part is not good. It covers only main parts not the fiber one or interiors of the car.
Bad Policy Coverage
My car insurance policy plan is good but the policy coverage is very bad. The fiber parts and the interior of the car is not included in the policy plan. Claims are not that bad and services are good with ~70% number of garages of the city. Toe car facility is not provided in this policy plan.
I own car insurance policy plan which i bought from iffco tokio general insurance. Policy coverage is 96% and the claims are ~Rs.1.9 L and fiber parts and interior also included. Service is fast with toe facility. Good number of garages are working for this company. Nice work team.