About Tata AIG Car Insurance Company
Tata AIG car insurance is a product of Tata AIG General Insurance Co. Ltd. The company is a joint venture of the American International Group (AIG) and the Tata Group. Tata AIG General Insurance Company offers an array of insurance products under its Motor Insurance and Other Insurance categories. The company is also well-known for its higher customer satisfaction rate, quick claim settlement, and great fraud detection techniques.
With end–to–end services, the company is fanning out its business through various channels, such as brokers, agents, and banks to direct channels of servicing, such as e-commerce, telemarketing, and website, to make sure that their business is far-reaching.
Features & Benefits of Tata AIG Car Insurance
Here are some features and benefits of the Tata AIG car insurance policy:
- Tata AIG car insurance offers cashless repairs in more than 7500 cashless network garages across the country.
- The plan provides coverage for third-party property damages of up to Rs. 7.5 lakh.
- Personal accident cover is also offered to the policyholder under the comprehensive car insurance policy.
- Tata AIG car insurance claim settlement ratio is 98%. To enhance the coverage of your car insurance policy, Tata AIG car insurance also offers 13 unique add-ons, such as depreciation cover, NCB protection, etc. under its comprehensive car insurance plan.
- The company offers up to a 50% NCB discount on car insurance renewal if you have not made a claim for 5 consecutive years.
- Tata AIG car insurance also offers 24*7 emergency assistance services to its policyholders.
- With 650 claim experts across India, the insurance company ensures a quick claiming process.
- The insurance company also offers coverage against damages to the insured car arising from accidents, manmade disasters, fire, theft and natural disasters.
Types of Tata AIG Car Insurance Policy
Tata AIG General Insurance Company offers three types of car insurance policies. These are:
1. Liability Only Policy
The Liability Only policy covers a policyholder against third-party liabilities, such as third-party property damage, injury or death of the third party, arising out of the insured car. The liability in respect to injury/death of the third party is unlimited, while for property damage, it is limited to up to Rs. 7.5 lakh under the policy.
2. Standalone Own Damage Policy
The Standalone Own Damage policy covers any loss or damage to the insured car due to road accidents, fire, theft, natural calamities, etc. This policy is only applicable for cars purchased after September 2018.
3. Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers coverage to policyholders for own damages incurred by the insured car along with their accidental third-party liabilities. Its coverage may be further enhanced by purchasing add-on covers for an additional premium amount.
You might be interested in
Tata AIG Car Insurance Premium Calculator
By using the car insurance premium calculator, you can calculate the insurance premium for your car before purchasing your desired car insurance plan. Thus, it can help you know if your desired car plan fits within your budget.
Coverage Under Tata AIG Car Insurance
- Natural Disaster: The plan covers natural disasters like floods, cyclones, earthquakes, etc.
- Car Theft: Any theft, burglary or housebreaking damages sustained by the insured car is covered under the plan.
- Accidental Damages: Any accidental damages to the insured car is covered by the insurance company.
- Fire Damages: Any fire loss and damages arising from self-ignition, lightning or explosion are insured under this plan.
- Strikes and Riots: Damages caused to the car due to strikes, riots or any other malicious acts are covered under the plan.
- Terrorist Act: Any terrorist activity resulting in damages to the insured car is covered.
- In-transit Damages: Damages incurred by the insured car during transit are also covered.
- Third Party Liability: Third party property damages, bodily injuries and death of third-party are also covered under this plan.
- Driving Without a Valid License: Damages sustained by the car when the driver is not carrying a valid driving license are not covered.
- Consequential Loss: No coverage is offered by the company for damages arising out of consequential losses.
- Wear and Tear: Regular wear and tear of the car and damages arising due to depreciation are not covered.
- Commercial Use: If a private car is being used for commercial purposes, the damages incurred will not be covered.
- Drunk Driving: Damages sustained by the car due to drunk driving or driving under influence of drugs are excluded from the policy.
- War & Nuclear Perils: Damages caused to the car due to war-like situations, nuclear peril or civil war in the country are excluded.
- Damages Due to Racing: Damages caused due to speed racing, crash testing, etc. are also excluded from the coverage.
- Consumable Cost: Only 50% of replacement of consumable costs arising due to wear and tear will be reimbursed.
- Outside Geographical Area: Any damage sustained by the car outside the geographical area specified in policy documents are not covered.
- Mechanical Breakdown: Breakdowns/ failures of the car, whether it’s mechanical or electrical, are excluded.
Tata AIG Car Insurance: Add-Ons
The Tata AIG car insurance plans also offer 13 add-on covers under which the insurer takes care of the eventualities that are not covered under the basic policy. Car owners can buy these add-ons on payment of an additional premium. Let’s take a look at the add-on covers offered by the policy to enhance the basic coverage:
The Zero Depreciation cover pays the depreciation amount deducted from the value of the replaced car parts in case of an own damage claim. This cover can be availed only if the insured car is getting repaired at the network garage of the insurance company. However, this cover can be availed only on the first two claims raised by the policyholder during the policy tenure.
The Engine Secure cover will provide coverage for the engine of the insured car against any damages caused due to water ingression or leakage of lubricating oil. It will pay for the repair and replacement expenses of the internal engine parts, transmission, gearbox as well as differential assembly. Moreover, it will cover the cost of consumables and lubricating oil used in the assembly.
The Roadside Assistance cover will provide on-road assistance or repair services in case the insured car stops working in the middle of the road. It will offer on-the-spot repair services as required by the car to start working again, such as flat tyre service, battery jump start service, etc.
The Daily Allowance cover will ensure that the policyholder is paid an allowance to cover the expenses incurred on a hired vehicle in case the insured car is getting repaired at a garage. Tata AIG General Insurance Company will pay an allowance for a maximum of 10-15 days depending upon the cause of the car insurance claim. However, no allowance will be paid in case the car gets repaired within three days.
The Return to Invoice cover helps a policyholder to get the invoice value of the insured car in case of a theft or total loss claim. It reimburses the difference in the amount between the car’s invoice value and the insured declared value (IDV) of the car.
The No Claim Bonus Protection cover will enable the policyholder to maintain his/her NCB despite raising a claim during the previous policy year. It protects the NCB of the car owner and prevents it from restoring to zero when a claim is raised. However, only one own damage claim is allowed in a policy year under this cover.
The Tyre Secure cover pays for any repair and replacement expenses arising out of any loss or damages caused to the tyres and tubes of the insured car in case of an accident. Under this cover, the insurance company will pay for a maximum of four tyre replacements during a policy year.
The Consumable Expenses cover will pay for the cost of consumables that needs to be replenished or replaced as a result of an accident of the insured car. They include engine oil, brake oil, lubricants, nut & bolt, AC gas, etc. except for the fuel.
The Loss of Personal Belongings cover will pay for any loss or damages to the personal belongings of the car owner and their family members, such as clothes, audiotapes, CDS, videotapes and other items to be worn. This add-on cover comes with a deductible of Rs. 250 on every claim.
The Emergency Transport & Hotel Expenses cover will pay for the cost of a taxi hired by the policyholder to return home or to the nearest city in case the insured vehicle has met with an accident. It will also cover the cost of an overnight stay opted by the policyholder if required.
The Key Replacement cover will pay for the cost of replacing the keys of the insured car in case they have been lost, stolen or if someone has broken into the car. It will also cover the labour cost incurred while replacing the keys of the car.
The Repair of Glass, Fibre, Plastic & Rubber Parts cover will allow the policyholder to get any small damage on the fibre, glass, rubber and plastic parts of the insured car repaired without affecting the NCB. However, this add-on cover allows only one claim during the policy tenure without affecting the NCB.
The Courtesy/ Hire Car cover will arrange a car on hire for the policyholder within 24 hours in case the insured car is damaged and getting repaired at a network garage. However, this cover is applicable only if the car will take more than 24 hours to get repaired or if there has been a total loss or theft. Moreover, the courtesy car will be given for a maximum of 10 days in case of a repair claim and up to 15 days in case of a total loss or theft.
Explore add-ons for your car insurance
How to File a Claim Under Tata AIG Car Insurance?
To register a claim under the Tata AIG car insurance policy, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Report the Incident: Report the incident or the loss to the insurance company on their helpline number.
- Register Your Claim: Register the claim with the insurance company and receive a claim intimation number.
- Inspection of Damages: Once the claim has been registered, an inspection of the damaged vehicle will be done by the insurance company’s representative along with a loss evaluation within 48 hours.
- Submit the Documents: Submit the required documents, such as the claim form, to the claim inspector, when requested.
- Claim Settlement: The company will, thereafter, inform you about the settlement amount, which will be provided as per the IDV of the vehicle. After this, the claim will be settled with the authorized network garage. In the case of non-network garages, the insurance company will reimburse the amount that you paid for repairs.
You might be interested in
Documents Required to Raise Claim Under Tata AIG Car Insurance
To file a car insurance claim with Tata AIG General Insurance company, you will be required to submit the following documents during claim registration:
- A copy of the valid driving license.
- A copy of the car's registration certificate.
- A verified copy of the Police FIR
- Claim intimation number received after filing the claim
- Copy of policy papers
- Bills of repairs done at a garage
- Duly filled and signed claim form
- Original keys of the vehicle
- Duly signed RTO transfer papers (if applicable)
- No trace report in case of vehicle theft
How to Renew Tata AIG Car Insurance?
Just like purchasing car insurance is important, Tata AIG car insurance renewal before its due date is equally important. It makes sure that your vehicle is covered from various unexpected risks that you may face while driving a car. To renew your Tata AIG Car insurance online, follow these steps:
Step 1: Visit Policybazaar.com and select ‘Motor Renewal’ from the ‘Renew Your Policy’ dropdown menu.
Step 2: Enter your car number and select ‘View Prices’
Step 3: Fill in your details like name, email, mobile number and proceed.
Step 4: Select the expiry date of your policy and whether you previously made a claim or not.
Step 5: Find the Tata AIG car insurance plan from mentioned plans. You can also view policy details by selecting the ‘Policy Details’ option.
Step 6: Select add-ons you wish to add at an additional premium and select the plan.
Step 7: Select No Claim Bonus of your existing policy and proceed.
Step 8: Fill out the proposal form correctly.
Step 9: Select “Summary and Payment".
Step 10: Once the premium has been verified, you can make a payment for Tata AIG car insurance renewal online using your preferred payment mode.
Step 11: Once the payment is done, your car insurance policy will be renewed. The Tata AIG car insurance renewal documents will be sent to your registered email address.
Car Insurance for Popular Brands in India
Ans: Tata AIG car insurance calculates Insured Declared Value (IDV) on the basis of age, model, and brand of a vehicle. The registration and insurance costs are excluded from IDV. As the car grows old, its IDV also depreciates. To calculate IDV, Tata AIG car insurance follows the following depreciation schedule:
Age of the vehicle
% depreciation for calculating IDV
Not exceeding 6 months
Exceeding 6 months but less than 1 year
Exceeding 1 year but less than 2 years
Exceeding 2 years but less than 3 years
Exceeding 3 years but less than 4 years
Exceeding 4 years but less than 5 years
Ans: The Insurance Act, 1938 doesn’t allow you to pay your car insurance premium in instalments. If you are buying Tata AIG car insurance online, you can use your credit card to make the entire payment and then repay it to the credit card company in instalments.
Ans: Besides offering coverage against third-party liability, Tata AIG comprehensive car insurance policy covers the insured vehicle against various losses or damages such as:
- Earthquake (Fire and Shock Damage)
- Flood, hurricane, inundation, storm, tempest, cyclone, hailstorm, etc.,
- Landslide, rockslide
- Whilst in transit by road rail inland – waterway, lift, or air
- Accident by external means
Ans: Yes, a cashless garage facility is available with a Tata AIG motor insurance policy.
Ans: If the insured vehicle runs out of fuel and hence is immobilized, Tata AIG car insurance will give an emergency fuel up to 5 litres on a chargeable basis at the location of breakdown.
Ans: Yes, there is an NCB protection cover available under a Tata car insurance plan. If you get plastics, rubber or fibre parts repaired at the authorized centre of the insurance company, it will not affect your NCB. However, this coverage is available for up to 1 claim only.
Ans: Yes, you can contact the nearest branch of Tata AIG General Insurance Company with a written request to get a copy of your policy. A nominal fee is charged for issuing a duplicate copy of the Tata AIG car insurance policy.
Ans: The roadside assistance of Tata AIG four-wheeler insurance can be broadly classified under the following heads:-
- Repair and Towing Assistance Service for a Flat Tyre- If the insured vehicle is halted due to a flat tyre, the insurer gives you emergency assistance to fix/replace the flat tyre.
- Flat Battery Jump Start Service- If the battery runs down, the insurer will provide a technician to help you start the car.
- Spare Key Retrieval - If your car keys are locked inside the vehicle or are lost or are misplaced and you need to arrange for another set from your home or office, the insurance company. will help you to get your spare keys.
- Fuel Support- If your vehicle runs out of fuel, you will get emergency fuel up to 5 litres on a chargeable basis.
Q9. Under Tata AIG car insurance policy, what is the maximum limit of personal belongings add-on cover?
Ans: Rs. 10,000 is the maximum coverage limit for the loss of personal belongings cover under the Tata AIG car policy.
Ans: No, cash is not covered under personal belongings cover of Tata AIG motor insurance.
Ans: Tata AIG insurance renewal for your car is very convenient. You can do so by three simple methods mentioned below:
- Online Mode- You can renew your plan online by using your debit card, credit card or net banking.
- Cheque Pick-up- You can avail a free cheque pick-up facility by calling the toll-free number.
- IVR Payment- For making payment using IVR, call their toll-free number and follow the instructions.
Ans. The Tata AIG General Insurance Company settles a car insurance claim request within 30 days.
Ans: If your car insurance policy has lapsed, it can’t be renewed without an inspection. Within 90 days from the expiry date of the policy, you can place your inspection and Tata AIG policy renewal request on their toll-free number. In case the expiry date has exceeded more than 90 days, you need to apply for a fresh car insurance plan.