Edelweiss Car Insurance
Car Insurance is an agreement through which the insurance provider promises to compensate the policyholder with the sum assured amount in case of any loss, specified damage, bodily injuries, and even accidental death. Edelweiss car insurance policy is formulated to protect the vehicle and its passengers from any financial setbacks. Assistance is also provided in case of any road mishap.
Benefits & Features of Edelweiss Car Insurance
Edelweiss car insurance policies offer their customers timely compensation for the damage and loos. By purchasing car insurance from Edelweiss General Insurance Co. Ltd. you can avail the following benefits:
- The insurance company provides car repair services in the network garages
- Compensation is offered in case the car is stolen
- Any loss or damage resulting due to an accident or collision with another vehicle, animal or thing like a building or pillar
- Any loss or damage that has occurred due to bad weather conditions or natural calamities is also covered
- Any loss or damage due to external explosion or fire is also covered
Why Edelweiss Car Insurance?
Edelweiss car insurance plans come with a range of benefits and its customer-centric approach makes it all the more worth it. Here’s why it is a good idea to buy car insurance from Edelweiss car insurance.
- First and foremost all the claims are settled quickly
- Cashless repair services and easy access to 1000+ network workshops
- Priority repair services at the preferred workshops
- Discounts for Members of Recognized Automobile Associations ( both private cars And two wheelers)
- Discounts on the installation of anti-theft devices
- Discount on vintage cars (for private cars only)
- Discount for modified/ specially designed vehicles for the handicapped, blind, and mentally challenged applicants
Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance
Bharti AXA Car Insurance
Chola MS Car Insurance
Digit Car Insurance
Future Generali Car Insurance
IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance
Kotak Mahindra Car Insurance
Liberty Car Insurance
National Car Insurance
New India Assurance Car Insurance
Oriental Car Insurance
Raheja QBE Car Insurance
Reliance General Car Insurance
Royal Sundaram Car Insurance
SBI Car Insurance
Shriram Car Insurance
Tata AIG Car Insurance
United India Car Insurance
Universal Sompo Car Insurance
Types of Edelweiss Car Insurance Policies
Usually, there are two types of car insurance policies third-party car insurance and comprehensive car insurance (3rd party + own damage cover). It is mandatory to buy third-party insurance whereas a comprehensive car insurance policy is recommended to enhance your coverage against the risks. Let’s have a look at the type of car insurance policies:
Edelweiss Third-Party Liability Car Insurance (Edelweiss Private Car Liability Only Insurance)
It is a basic car insurance policy that Edelweiss car insurance provides. It is required to be eligible to drive on the city roads. Compensation is provided for loss or damage caused to other vehicles, people, and property in the event of an accident. This type of policy will not cover loss or damages caused to the insured car. For that, you will have to buy a comprehensive or third party + own damage cover.
However, you can enhance your Edelweiss third-party car insurance by opting for the following covers:
- Personal accident cover up to Rs. 2 lakhs per person for everybody else traveling in the insured car
- Legal liability cover for the paid driver
What is Not Covered in Edelweiss Third-Party Liability Car Insurance Policy?
Edelweiss car insurance for third-party shall not cover:
- Any injury caused to the passengers traveling in the insured car without 'Personal Accident Cover'
- Any damage caused to your own car in the event of an accident
- Depreciation, or reduction in the car’s value and its parts due to routine wear and tear
For details, you can refer to the Edelweiss third-party car insurance policy wordings.
Third Party + Own Damage Car Insurance Policy (Edelweiss Private Car Package Insurance)
As car sales are over the roof, the risk of road accidents has also been magnified. This imposes a threat to the lives of car owners, fellow car drivers, as well as the pedestrians. A comprehensive vehicle insurance plan ensures your financial safety even in the worst case scenarios. In addition to that, as per the local laws, it is mandatory for vehicle owners to buy motor insurance for their vehicles.
Vehicle owners who don't buy insurance coverage for their automobiles are liable to be penalized.
If you really want to drive in a carefree manner, then you should buy third-party + own damage car insurance from Edelweiss car insurance. It covers loss or damage caused to the insured car, the policyholder, and a third-party (including a person, car or property)
However, you can enhance your Edelweiss comprehensive car insurance by opting for the following covers:
- Personal Accident Cover for everybody else traveling in your car, up to Rs. 2,00,000 per person
- Cover for your legal liability towards your paid driver
What is Not Covered in This Policy?
Depreciation, or reduction in the car’s value and its parts due to routine wear and tear is not covered in this type of Edelweiss car insurance policy
Inclusions of Edelweiss Car Insurance
The insurer shall indemnify the policyholder against loss or damage caused to the insured car and its accessories whilst thereon:
- By theft, burglary, and housebreaking
- By fire, lightning, explosion, and self-ignition
- By strike and riots
- By earthquake
- By flood, storm, typhoon, tempest, hurricane, cyclone, inundation, hailstorm, and frost
- By any malicious act
- By terrorist activity
- By landslide, rockslide
- Accident by external means
- While in transit by rail, road, lift, inland – waterways or air
Exclusions of Edelweiss Car Insurance
Situations that Edelweiss car insurance plans don’t cover:
- Accidents that take place outside the scope of the geographical area
- Claims that arising due to any contractual liabilities with a third party
- Illegally driving or using the insured car. For instance, claiming for an accident while the car was being driven by a person without a valid driving license
- Any consequential damage or loss arising due to car accidents. For example, if you leave your damaged car unattended and later on you find out that some of its parts have been stolen, then the insurer will not pay for the loss
- Any type of loss or damage resulting due to situations like enemy strikes, riots, other warlike incidents etc.
- If the insured car is used beyond the scope of coverage. For e.g. a private car being used for motor trade, carrying goods, hiring or reward, speed testing or for any other commercial purposes
Add-ons for your car insurance
Edelweiss Car Insurance Claim Procedure
In case you meet with an accident you can call Edelweiss Car Insurance on their helpline number at 1800 12000 1800 12000 and the insurer will quickly settle your claim. Let’ see how it should be done:
Step 1 - Contact Edelweiss car insurance provider as soon as possible
Step 2 - Cooperate and provide complete information such as your full name, policy number, policy duration, date & time of the accident, a copy of the driver's license & license plate number of the involved parties, names & contact details of the involved people
Step 3 - Visit the nearby police station and file a complaint. Make sure you get a copy of your complaint as some insurance providers ask for it
Step 4 - Once you have informed Edelweiss car insurance, a professional will be assigned to your case for its assessment. The surveyor will evaluate your case and will take you through the process
Step 5 - Your case will be resolved by the professional on the basis of your opted plan and its coverage
If you have already moved your car to the workshop then also there is no problem. Simply call the insurer and they will guide you with your claim. There are more than 1000 preferred workshops in India where you can get your car repaired. You can also email them on support[@]edelweissinsurance[.]com for any claim related queries.
Documents Required for Edelweiss Car Insurance Claims
Mentioned below are the documents that you would need to submit as part of your Edelweiss car insurance claim procedure-
Documents Required for Edelweiss car insurance Accidental Claims:
In case of an accident the insurer will ask for the following documents:
- The insured needs to submit the duly signed claim form
- Police Panchanama/FIR copy
- Registration Certificate (RC) of the Insured Car
- Driving License
- Estimate of the Repair Work
- Repair bills as well as payment proof or discharge voucher
Additional Documents Required for Commercial Vehicle:
- Fitness certificate
- Permit certificate
- Road Tax receipts
- Load Challan
Documents Required for Edelweiss car insurance Theft Claims:
- Submit the duly signed Edelweiss car insurance claim form
- Original Edelweiss car insurance policy documents
- Original Car’s Registration Certificate. For commercial vehicles, you would need to showcase Permit, Fitness certificate, and Tax
- All the original keys, warranty cars, service booklet, and the original purchase invoice
- Police FIR and Non-Traceable report
- Acknowledgment letter addressed to the concerned Regional Transport Office intimating the theft and declaring the vehicle as ‘NON-USE’
- Duly signed RTO Transfer papers
- Consent towards the agreed claim settlement value from both the Financier and the Insured
- NOC from the Financier for claims to be settled in the favor of the insured
- Subrogation Letter, Discharge voucher, and the Indemnity bond
Documents Required for Edelweiss car insurance Personal Accident & Third-Party Claims:
Documents Required for Personal Accident Claims are as follows:
- Certificate of disability in case of permanent or partial disabilities
- Post-mortem report
- Death Certificate
- Legal Heir certificate
Documents Required for Edelweiss car insurance Third-Party Claims
You need to submit the following documents to lodge a personal accident claim with Edelweiss car insurance:
- Copy of the Insurance Policy
- Duly signed Edelweiss car insurance claim form
- Copy of police FIR
- Registration Certificate of the Insured Car
- Copy of the driving license
- Legal Notice
- Details of the claimant
- Any other supporting documents
How to Calculate Car Insurance Premium?
In general, car insurance premiums are determined on the basis of the insured car details and other details such as:
- Make and model of the car
- Car type and its features
- Date and city of registration
- Fuel type ( Petrol, Diesel, CNG/LPG)
- The Year of manufacture
- Geographical Location
- Marital Status
- Optional Features that you have opted for
- Deductibles etc.
The insurer also takes into consideration your age and driving experience, driving and claim history, the age of the car and also the type of coverage.
You must be wondering how to choose the best car insurance plan. Well, it's as simple as buying clothes. There are plenty of car insurance companies that offer various car insurance plans. Thanks to a large number of insurance companies in India, you can get auto insurance plans at a competitive price. It is so because there is a cut-throat competition among insurance providers. Every insurance provider aims to earn the trust of insurance buyers so that it can capture a large share of the flourishing insurance sector in India.
Tips to Select the Best Car Insurance in India
- Understand Your Insurance Needs and Expectations - When you know what you want, it becomes easier to analyze whether a plan fulfills your insurance expectations or not.
- Reputation and reliability of the Insurance Provider - The reputation of an insurance company helps you understand the treatment it gives to a claim. Furthermore, the financial health of an insurer is the second most important factor as it reflects the financial status of your preferred insurance provider.
- Compare Plans and Prices - If you want to enjoy the highest insurance coverage at an affordable price, don't simply buy the first plan that you come across. Compare the best car insurance companies and pick a plan that fulfils your insurance expectations without costing a bomb.
- Evaluate the Insurance Coverage - While you aim for a policy, you need to consider adequate insurance coverage. Buying inadequate insurance coverage is worse than buying no insurance coverage at all. The plan that suits your friend might not suit you. It's better to evaluate insurance coverage and see if it fulfills your insurance expectations.
How to Renew Edelweiss Car Insurance Policy?
To avail the continuous benefits of Edelweiss car insurance policy, it is important to renew it before the expiry date. Usually, Edelweiss car insurance offers an easy online renewal facility. You easily renew your Edelweiss car insurance policy online in a matter of a few clicks. You can opt out of the features that you don’t want to avail and save some premium. You can also opt for the benefits that you were missing from your policy.
If you have some other car insurance policy, then also you can opt for an affordable and customizable Edelweiss Car Insurance Policy.
Things to Know about Edelweiss Car Insurance
- Edelweiss car insurance offers both third party and third-party + own damage cover policy
- Option to purchase personal accident cover up to 2 lakh rupees
- Option to cover legal liabilities towards a paid driver
- The insurer has more than 1268 network garages across India
- Easy claim settlement within 7 days of filing the claim
Edelweiss Car Insurance - FAQs
Ans: It depends on the type of policy and the coverage you have opted for. Please note that the routine wear and tear of the car’s body parts and any damage caused due to nuclear perils and war like conditions won’t be covered.
It is recommended that you check the policy inclusions and exclusions before making the purchase.
Ans: Yes, you can transfer your NCB when you switch your insurer. To avail your No-claim-bonus or NCB it is required to renew your Edelweiss car insurance policy before it expires or within 90 days of the expiry date. Failure to do so will nullify your NCB.
Ans: The maximum No-Claim-Bonus that you can enjoy is 50% discount on your own damage car insurance premium. And, this maximum limit is applicable if you have not lodged any claim in the previous 5 years.
Ans: Edelweiss car insurance policy is valid for a year. The policy commencement and expiry date are clearly mentioned in your policy documents. Also, you don’t need to worry about renewing your Edelweiss car insurance policy as the insurer will send you a reminder in advance so that you can renew your policy within the stipulated time.
Ans: Edelweiss car insurance claims are generally settled within 7 working days. All you need to do is submit all the essential documents and your claim will be settled immediately.
Ans: Edelweiss has got a great network of workshops, so you will be able to find a cashless garage nearby. so you can also check the list of all the garages on the insurer’s site.
Ans: Once you have made the payment, the insurer will send you a soft copy on your registered email id. In case you lose your hard copy, you can refer to the soft copy that is there in your inbox. To get another hard copy you can call the insurer on 1800 12000. You can also send them an e-mail at support[@]edelweissinsurance[.]com and you will get your copy right away.
Q: If i file an Edelweiss car insurance claim, will a surveyor be appointed to check out my insured car?Ans: Yes, the insurer will appoint a surveyor to examine your car. It is important to keep your Edelweiss car insurance documents handy during the inspection.
Note: This is your car’s recommended IDV as per IRDAI’s depreciation guidelines.asdfsad However, insurance companies allow you to modify this IDV within a certain range (this range varies from insurer to insurer). Higher the IDV, higher the premium you pay.Read More