Honda City Car Insurance
Honda City is one of the most popular sub-compact sedans manufactured by Honda Cars India. Generation car was launched in the country in the year 2014 and went on to become one of the company’s most sold cars. In fact, the car has also scored 4 out of 5 stars in Crash Test Safety Rating from Global NCAP. If buying a Honda City car is on the cards sometime soon, make sure to go through its specifications, features, and Honda City car insurance cost before buying.
Features of Honda City
The Honda City car is considered an amalgamation of excellent performance, style, and comfort. It is known for its spacious interiors, stylish design, and impressive performance. The engine of the 4th Gen Honda City comes in a petrol variant offering a manual transmission. The car offers a classic look and comes in 5 stunning colours to choose from. The interiors of the car are comfortable and ergonomically designed, thus, giving a smooth experience to the driver and the passengers.
- Honda City 4th Gen comes with an illuminated cargo room of 510L to comfortably accommodate all your luggage.
- It also offers rear armrest cup holders and a front centre armrest with storage to offer enhanced comfort.
- The car comes with Digipad 2.0, which is touchscreen audio, video, and navigation system with easy intuitive controls.
- When it comes to safety, the car comes with impact mitigating headrests, an immobilizer, an anti-theft system, and dual SRS airbags.
- Some other interior features include an inside rearview mirror, dual horn, high-speed alert, rear parking sensors, and more.
- The exterior features of Honda City 4th Gen are striking with dual barrel halogen headlamps and integrated LED daytime running lights.
- The wheels of the car are diamond-cut and finished multi-spoke R15 alloy wheels.
- Adding to its beauty, Honda City also comes with a front signature chrome grille and lower moulding line.
- The unique and long-lasting shark fin antenna on the exterior also gives the car a more classic look.
Specifications of Honda City
|Engine type||Water Cooled 4 Stroke SOHC i-VTEC|
|Engine displacement in CC||1497|
|Maximum power (kW [PS] @rpm)||87.7  @6600|
|Maximum torque (Nm @rpm)||145 @4600|
|Emission norm compliance||BS-VI|
|No. of valves||16|
|Fuel efficiency (mileage)||17.4 km/l|
|Fuel tank capacity||40 litres|
Honda City Car Insurance: Inclusions
A Honda City car insurance policy provides coverage against the following damages:
- Coverage against damages due to riots, strikes, and other malicious activity like terrorist acts is provided under the motor insurance policy.
- It also covers loss to the car due to theft, housebreaking, or burglary.
- Damages sustained by the insured car due to earthquakes, hurricanes, storms, and other natural disasters are also covered.
- Damages to the insured car while it's in transit via railways, roads, airways, or waterways are also included in the Honda City motor insurance policy.
- Any third-party property damage or death and injury of a third party due to an accident caused by the insured car is also covered.
- Accidental damages to the insured car are also included.
Honda City Car Insurance: Exclusions
There are certain damages that are not covered under a Honda City four-wheeler insurance policy. These damages are:
- Loss or damages sustained by the insured car due to ageing, wear and tear are excluded.
- Any mechanical or electrical breakdown of the car is not covered.
- Damages caused while driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs are also excluded from the motor policy.
- Damages sustained by the insured car when the driver was driving without a valid driving license are not covered.
- Any consequential loss or damage to the insured car is not covered.
- Losses or damages outside the geographical location mentioned in the policy document are also excluded.
Honda City Car Insurance: Add-ons
You can also purchase additional covers to increase the coverage of the Honda City motor insurance policy. These add-ons can be purchased by paying an extra premium amount in addition to your existing four-wheeler insurance premium.
- Zero Depreciation Cover
- Tyre Protect Cover
- Roadside Assistance Cover
- Return to Invoice Cover
- Daily Allowance Cover
- Personal Belongings Cover
- No Claim Bonus Protect Cover
- Engine Protect Cover
- Key Replacement Cover
Add-ons for your car insurance
How to Buy Honda City Car Insurance Online?
Purchasing a motor insurance policy for your Honda City car is a simple process. All you need to do is visit Policybazaar.com and follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Visit the ‘Car Insurance’ page by heading to the ‘Insurance Products’ dropdown menu
- Select the ‘Proceed without a car number’ or the “Brand New Car’ option
- Select the RTO, car model, variant, fuel type, and registration year of your car
- Proceed with ‘View Prices’ once you have filled in the given form
- From the given list of various motor insurance plans, select the desired one for your Honda City car. You can also select add-on covers that you want to buy.
- After filling out the given proposal form, proceed with the option of ‘Summary and Payment’
- Pay the Honda City insurance price via the desired payment method
- Once the payment is complete, fill in the required details to receive your Honda City insurance policy documents at your email id.
How to Renew Honda City Car Insurance Online?
If your existing Honda car insurance policy is about to expire, you can easily renew it by following the steps mentioned below:
- On Policybazaar.com, visit the ‘Car Insurance’ page from the Insurance Products menu
- Enter your car number and select ‘view instant quotes’
- Fill in the given form and proceed to Honda City car insurance price details
- Select the existing policy expiry date and provide details of the previous claim if any
- Find the right Honda City car insurance renewal plan from the given plans
- Select the add-ons if you want any for your car
- Enter the No Claim Bonus that you have earned on the previous policy
- After filling out the given form, move to the ‘Summary and Payment’ option.
- Pay the Honda City insurance renewal price via debit card, UPI, or other payment modes
- After successful payment, you will receive your Honda City insurance renewal policy documents at your registered mail address.
Ans. You can visit insurance broker platforms like Policybazaar.com and purchase the right plan for your Honda City car by comparing car insurance plans from multiple insurance companies.
Ans. No, you will not require any document to renew the motor insurance policy for your Honda City car. All you need is your car number and some basic details about your previous policy.
Ans. You can calculate the insurance premium for your Honda City car by using a car insurance premium calculator on Policybazaar.com. A car insurance premium calculator helps you to determine the premium and IDV of your car before purchasing so that you can find the most suitable four-wheeler insurance policy.
Ans. Yes, you can make a claim under the Honda City motor insurance policy more than once in a policy year. Generally, there is no limit to the number of claims you can make in a year but it can nullify your NCB if you do so.
Ans. Yes, you need to have a copy of a Police FIR to make theft or third party claims under the Honda City four-wheeler insurance policy. Otherwise, the insurer may reject your claim.
Find similar car insurance quotes by body type
Note: This is your car’s recommended IDV as per IRDAI’s depreciation guidelines.asdfsad However, insurance companies allow you to modify this IDV within a certain range (this range varies from insurer to insurer). Higher the IDV, higher the premium you pay.
Car insurance articles
21 Sep 2022Are you also worried about high motor insurance premium rates?...
12 Sep 2022As per the Motor Vehicle Act, 1988, every car owner must possess...
24 Aug 2022Buying a car insurance policy is one of the best ways to protect...
23 Aug 2022Electric cars are known as the future of the automotive industry....
05 Aug 2022In India, car enthusiasts love to modify their cars with...