- 3500+ Cashless Garages across India
- 50 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 24X7 Roadside Assistance
- 100% Insurance Coverage on Service Invoice Price
Chidambaram to Hush up the Launch of Three-Year Motor Insurance Policy
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 1851 -
Modified 15 May 2014
Progress made in life insurance is expected to be aped and expanded in case of non-life insurance (Motor insurance) as well
Finance Minister P.Chidambaram has made a suggestion that the insurance regulator (IRDA) should quicken up the launch of three-year motor third party insurance policy. This move would lessen the number of uninsured vehicles on the road.
Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) has also been asked to consider implementing the mandatory third party insurance with its powers and revise the premium rates.
There has been great development on the life side, the same needs to be expanded and aped on the non-life side as well. The government owned general insurers have recorded a growth of 10 percent in gross premium during 2013-14 and projected a growth of 100 percent in the next five years. Profit making ability of the public sector general insurance companies has also increased in 2013-14.
The market share in terms of number of new policies sold has also risen during the period by 1.20 percent to 84.44 percent.
Chidambaram has emphasized on the need to study the persistency ratio for unit linked and traditional polices individually.
It has been observed that LIC retained its remarkable claim settlement track record with 99.3 percent settlement of death claims and 99.68 percent maturity claims.
- Most Read
- Is It Important to Claim Motor Insurance on Time
Date: 14 January 2019
- Why Did My Car Insurance Go up When I had No Claims?
Date: 04 January 2019
- All You Should Know About Multi-Year Motor Insurance
Date: 30 October 2018
- Here are Five Lesser Known Reasons behind the Rejection of Car Insurance Claims
Date: 24 October 2018
- Want to Buy Car Insurance? Here are 9 Tips to Get Accurate Car Insurance Quotes
Date: 17 October 2018
- Top 5 Motor Insurance Companies in India
Views : 295291
- What Everybody Ought to Know about Zero Depreciation Car Insurance Cover?
Views : 232903
- Insured Declared Value (IDV)
Views : 206604
- 9 Secrets That Your Motor Insurance Provider Won’t Tell You
Views : 201198
- Money Saving Advice for All Car Owners
Views : 193661