- 3500+ Cashless Garages across India
- 50 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 24X7 Roadside Assistance
- 100% Insurance Coverage on Service Invoice Price
We promise limited calls
Chidambaram to Hush up the Launch of Three-Year Motor Insurance Policy
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 1425 -
Modified 15 May 2014
Progress made in life insurance is expected to be aped and expanded in case of non-life insurance (Motor insurance) as well
Finance Minister P.Chidambaram has made a suggestion that the insurance regulator (IRDA) should quicken up the launch of three-year motor third party insurance policy. This move would lessen the number of uninsured vehicles on the road.
Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) has also been asked to consider implementing the mandatory third party insurance with its powers and revise the premium rates.
There has been great development on the life side, the same needs to be expanded and aped on the non-life side as well. The government owned general insurers have recorded a growth of 10 percent in gross premium during 2013-14 and projected a growth of 100 percent in the next five years. Profit making ability of the public sector general insurance companies has also increased in 2013-14.
The market share in terms of number of new policies sold has also risen during the period by 1.20 percent to 84.44 percent.
Chidambaram has emphasized on the need to study the persistency ratio for unit linked and traditional polices individually.
It has been observed that LIC retained its remarkable claim settlement track record with 99.3 percent settlement of death claims and 99.68 percent maturity claims.
- Most Read
- Things to You Should Know About Car Insurance Policy Cancellation
Date: 11 December 2017
- Why You Should Buy Theft Cover for Your Two-wheeler
Date: 07 December 2017
- Why Two-wheeler Owners Should Consider Multi-Year Insurance Plan
Date: 30 November 2017
- Tips on How You Can Carry Your Car Insurance While Relocating
Date: 30 November 2017
- 60 Percent of Vehicles in India Are Not Insured and Most of These Are Two-Wheelers
Date: 29 November 2017
- Top 5 Motor Insurance Companies in India
Views : 217057
- What Everybody Ought to Know about Zero Depreciation Car Insurance Cover?
Views : 138200
- Insured Declared Value (IDV)
Views : 133535
- Renew Your Two Wheeler Break-in Insurance Policy at PolicyBazaar
Views : 109157
- Two Wheeler Insurance Plans
Views : 96428