Progress made in life insurance is expected to be aped and expanded in case of non-life insurance (Motor insurance) as well
Finance Minister P.Chidambaram has made a suggestion that the insurance regulator (IRDA) should quicken up the launch of three-year motor third party insurance policy. This move would lessen the number of uninsured vehicles on the road.
Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) has also been asked to consider implementing the mandatory third party insurance with its powers and revise the premium rates.
There has been great development on the life side, the same needs to be expanded and aped on the non-life side as well. The government owned general insurers have recorded a growth of 10 percent in gross premium during 2013-14 and projected a growth of 100 percent in the next five years. Profit making ability of the public sector general insurance companies has also increased in 2013-14.
The market share in terms of number of new policies sold has also risen during the period by 1.20 percent to 84.44 percent.
Chidambaram has emphasized on the need to study the persistency ratio for unit linked and traditional polices individually.
It has been observed that LIC retained its remarkable claim settlement track record with 99.3 percent settlement of death claims and 99.68 percent maturity claims.
- Most Read
- Zero Depreciation Insurance: Is It a Good Deal?
Date: 11 October 2017
- Money Saving Advice for All Car Owners
Date: 10 October 2017
- 20 Tips for First Time Auto Insurance Buyers
Date: 09 October 2017
- How Does Car Insurance Calculator Benefit You?
Date: 04 October 2017
- Does Your Car Insurance Cover Animal Attack?
Date: 03 October 2017
- Top 5 Motor Insurance Companies in India
Views : 206116
- What Everybody Ought to Know about Zero Depreciation Car Insurance Cover?
Views : 126170
- Insured Declared Value (IDV)
Views : 121586
- Renew Your Two Wheeler Break-in Insurance Policy at PolicyBazaar
Views : 93713
- Two Wheeler Insurance Plans
Views : 91784