By the year end, the third party motor insurance premium rates will be depended on the market. Insurance Regulatory and Development (IRDA) would de-tariff the premium rates for guiding vehicle owners according to Mr. M Ramprasad, member of IRDA. In case of vehicle falling under the unprofitable category, the premium rates are likely to get increased and discounts are sure to appear on the premiums with low claims. The expected rate hike of about 25% to 137% is likely to show up from April this year. The third party liability premium rates have seen increment from past 2 years.
In terms of motor insurance it is necessary to have third party cover as it protects against any damage caused to property or life. Here the liability of the insurer is unlimited and hence it turns out to be an unprofitable affair.
Insurance companies had been providing cover to commercial vehicles from a common declined pool of Rs. 400 crore which has completed two year and will help IRDA to understand the loss area and the kind of vehicles which are a part of this pool. As per the IRDA’s third party motor insurance tariffs, high risk vehicles will also be provided the cover.
As per various officials like- Madhukar Sinha from TATA AIG and Sanjat Datta from ICICI Lombard, the de-tariffed rates would change the concept of ‘one-size-fits-all’ premium as every insurer can decide on the rates by themselves depending on the underwritings.
G Srinivasan, Chairman and Managing Director of New India Assurance believes that de-tariff is the need of the industry but requires to get executed properly in order to avoid issues related to supply side.
- 9 Secrets That Your Motor Insurance Provider Won’t Tell You
Date: 16 August 2017
- Third Party Insurance: Your Ultimate Stress Buster
Date: 14 August 2017
- 10 Auto Insurance Myths You Should Avoid
Date: 27 July 2017
- 5 Factors Affecting your Car Insurance Premium you could be Missing
Date: 24 July 2017
- The Differences between Comprehensive and Third-Party Car Insurance Explained
Date: 20 July 2017
- Top 5 Motor Insurance Companies in India
Views : 192495
- What Everybody Ought to Know about Zero Depreciation Car Insurance Cover?
Views : 111285
- Insured Declared Value (IDV)
Views : 107180
- Two Wheeler Insurance Plans
Views : 86507
- Renew Your Two Wheeler Break-in Insurance Policy at PolicyBazaar
Views : 78111
- No PUC, No Insurance Renewal, says Supreme Court
Any vehicle, unless the owner produces PUC Certificate, is not...
- Motor Insurance Papers or PUC not to be checked by the Mumbai Police
Mumbai Traffic Police Chief has issued an ordered for the traffic...
- Motor Insurance to be Made Compulsory for Fitness Test
From April 1st, uninsured vehicles will not be permitted for the...
- 3 Year Third Party Insurance For 2 Wheeler Vehicles
Now the two-wheeler owners can also opt for the third party motor...
- Online Bike Insurance Through IFFCO-Tokio
IFFCO-Tokio has entered the online two-wheeler insurance market with...
- Great News for Car Owners-Now Renew Your Vehicle Insurance Only Once Every Five Years
Do you own a car or a bike? If not, are you planning to buy one any...