- 3500+ Cashless Garages across India
- 50 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 24X7 Roadside Assistance
- 100% Insurance Coverage on Service Invoice Price
We promise limited calls
Expectation Of 15% Premium Growth In FY15 By Tata AIG General Insurance
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 1483 -
Modified 25 August 2016
Tata AIG General Insurance is hoping a 15% premium growth in financial year 2015. It is also focussing on commercial lines of business and in expanding it's geographical reach. Mumbai, 9th March 2014: On the back of an expected recovery in economy, Tata AIG General Insurance is expecting a growth of around 15% in the next financial year in premium collections. The chief executive of Tata AIG, Kaushal K Mishra in an interaction over the weekend with PTI said that FY15 will be better than this FY. 13% rise in premium in this fiscal has attributed pick-up in growth in the next financial year.
According to Kaushal K Mishra, things will look better by Aug-Sept in case of a stable government in the Centre post the polls. This expectation of growth is due to the increase in middle class spend, infrastructure projects and sales in auto sector.
The growth in general insurance industry was slipped from 18% to 10-12% a year ago among slow economic growth. Because of decreasing automobile sales, motor insurance which contributes around 40% of the industry, is the key segment to be in focus this fiscal.
Plans to focus on commercial lines of business along with the expansion of company's geographical reach for next fiscal are on the track according to Mishra.
The untapped SME segment of the company will be in focus now. Products in group medical insurance segment have also been filed before the regulator and these will be launched soon on getting the approval.
Tata group which has a joint venture with American International Group (AIG) holds majority stake and has posted a 13.98% rise in Rs 1,756.38 crore premium collections in the first nine months of the curent FY.
- Most Read
- A Walkthrough of Uber Insurance
Date: 12 December 2017
- Things to You Should Know About Car Insurance Policy Cancellation
Date: 11 December 2017
- Why You Should Buy Theft Cover for Your Two-wheeler
Date: 07 December 2017
- Why Two-wheeler Owners Should Consider Multi-Year Insurance Plan
Date: 30 November 2017
- Tips on How You Can Carry Your Car Insurance While Relocating
Date: 30 November 2017
- Top 5 Motor Insurance Companies in India
Views : 217302
- What Everybody Ought to Know about Zero Depreciation Car Insurance Cover?
Views : 138523
- Insured Declared Value (IDV)
Views : 133778
- Renew Your Two Wheeler Break-in Insurance Policy at PolicyBazaar
Views : 110206
- Two Wheeler Insurance Plans
Views : 96484