- 3500+ Cashless Garages across India
- 50 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 24X7 Roadside Assistance
- 100% Insurance Coverage on Service Invoice Price
We promise limited calls
Motor Insurance Papers or PUC not to be checked by the Mumbai Police
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 2239 -
Modified 24 March 2017
Mumbai Traffic Police Chief has issued an ordered for the traffic police to not to demand insurance certificate or PUC from the motorists for the checking purpose. The order is issued soon after the joint commissioner, Milind Bharambe alerted his deputies about the complaints that their department has received for the on-road behavior of the traffic police constables.
As per Milind Bharambe, the motorists and the traffic police constables engage in the heated arguments, which adversely affect the reputation of the traffic police personnel. He laid emphasis on the e-challans issued by the constables to penalize the motorists when they commit any offense. In order to eradicate evil corruption, the e-challan system was adopted.
It has been brought to the departments’ notice that in order to make quick bucks, the on-duty constable tends to ignore the violations.
The order states that the traffic police officer should not ask for motor insurance papers, PUC certificate or Green tax certificate apart from the other document issued by the RTO.
The sources reveal that an individual disciplinary team has been established. In order to put the order into effect, the team will report directly to an assistant commissioner. As far as the disciplinary action against the traffic police is concerned, it is not fully established yet.
- Most Read
- How a Zero-Dep Car Insurance Policy Benefits You during Claims?
Date: 20 February 2018
- Dos and Don'ts While Filing Car Insurance
Date: 13 February 2018
- Overview of Oriental Car Insurance Policy
Date: 19 January 2018
- Know How Reliance General Two-Wheeler Insurance Defends Your Two-wheeler!
Date: 19 January 2018
- Does Your Sports Car Need Auto Insurance?
Date: 15 January 2018
- Top 5 Motor Insurance Companies in India
Views : 231212
- What Everybody Ought to Know about Zero Depreciation Car Insurance Cover?
Views : 154568
- Insured Declared Value (IDV)
Views : 148090
- Renew Your Two Wheeler Break-in Insurance Policy at PolicyBazaar
Views : 134073
- Two Wheeler Insurance Plans
Views : 100499