- 3500+ Cashless Garages across India
- 50 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 24X7 Roadside Assistance
- 100% Insurance Coverage on Service Invoice Price
We promise limited calls
Motor Insurance Papers or PUC not to be checked by the Mumbai Police
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 2634 -
Modified 24 March 2017
Mumbai Traffic Police Chief has issued an ordered for the traffic police to not to demand insurance certificate or PUC from the motorists for the checking purpose. The order is issued soon after the joint commissioner, Milind Bharambe alerted his deputies about the complaints that their department has received for the on-road behavior of the traffic police constables.
As per Milind Bharambe, the motorists and the traffic police constables engage in the heated arguments, which adversely affect the reputation of the traffic police personnel. He laid emphasis on the e-challans issued by the constables to penalize the motorists when they commit any offense. In order to eradicate evil corruption, the e-challan system was adopted.
It has been brought to the departments’ notice that in order to make quick bucks, the on-duty constable tends to ignore the violations.
The order states that the traffic police officer should not ask for motor insurance papers, PUC certificate or Green tax certificate apart from the other document issued by the RTO.
The sources reveal that an individual disciplinary team has been established. In order to put the order into effect, the team will report directly to an assistant commissioner. As far as the disciplinary action against the traffic police is concerned, it is not fully established yet.
- Most Read
- Filing Car Insurance Claim? Here are 6 Reasons Why Your Car Insurance Claim can be Denied
Date: 18 September 2018
- Want to Buy Car Insurance? Here is How to Select the Best Car Insurance Company in India
Date: 17 September 2018
- Here’s When Should You Change Your Car Insurance Company
Date: 12 September 2018
- 6 Car Insurance Myths Might Cost You a Fortune
Date: 11 September 2018
- What are the Steps for Tata AIG Car Insurance Renewal?
Date: 14 August 2018
- Top 5 Motor Insurance Companies in India
Views : 269913
- What Everybody Ought to Know about Zero Depreciation Car Insurance Cover?
Views : 202175
- 9 Secrets That Your Motor Insurance Provider Won’t Tell You
Views : 194687
- Money Saving Advice for All Car Owners
Views : 188259
- Insured Declared Value (IDV)
Views : 186024