- Save up to 80%*
- Compare 20+ insurers
- 25 lakh+ vehicles insured
Car Insurance Guide - When to Change Car Insurance Company
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 6336 -
Switching Car Insurance Companies
Car insurance is a necessity. You need to regularly review your car insurance coverage to make sure that you receive the value for money you are investing in. You will realize that it pays to shop in the market space from time to time. Many a times you will notice that the premiums for identical policies vary widely among different car insurance companies. The reasons for this price variation can be on the basis of different reasons and can be quite complicated. They usually bring all the claims experience with policyholders in a coverage group for e.g., people of similar age group, number of accidents, type of vehicle, etc. For example, if a large number of people in a coverage group files claims during a given year, their rates are likely to rise. When this happens, better discounts and lower overall premiums may be available at other insurance companies. When you decide to switch your car insurance policy to another company, you'll find that it's fairly easy to do so.
Just like Auto insurance, car insurance is not a luxury but a necessity. And in order to get the maximum advantage, experts recommend that you should shop around for cheap car insurance every 2-3 years. As policies change and new players enter the market there are so many new attractive car insurance schemes available you could benefit from. Changing car insurance every now and then is not advisable. But you should review your policy every 2-3 years and figure out if you are covered appropriately.
Why to Change Car Insurance Company and Policy
- You get a better price for the same coverage as your current one.
- You are getting a better coverage at the price you are paying currently.
- You are getting a better coverage at a much lower price than you are paying now.
- You had a bad experience after filing your claim with your current insurer.
- The market is huge and if you are not satisfied with the service of your insurer, then definitely it is time for you to look for another insurance company to cover your car.
- Most Read
- Getting Your Duplicate Car Insurance Policy is Easy-Here’s How!
Date: 20 June 2019
- Car Insurance Add on Covers that are Crucial
Date: 12 June 2019
- Role of Return to Invoice Cover in Car Insurance!
Date: 07 June 2019
- HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Customer Care Number
Date: 07 June 2019
- How to Download TATA AIG Car Insurance Policy and Claim Form
Date: 04 June 2019
- Top 5 Motor Insurance Companies in India
Views : 332190
- Zero Depreciation Car Insurance Coverage & Features
Views : 271392
- Insured Declared Value (IDV)
Views : 246991
- 9 Secrets That Your Motor Insurance Provider Won’t Tell You
Views : 203367
- Money Saving Advice for All Car Owners
Views : 195264
GET ARTICLE ON EMAIL
- Income Tax Calculator
- Other Calculators
- Pension Calculator
- Savings Calculator
- Save Regularly
- Actual Savings
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator