- 3500+ Cashless Garages across India
- 50 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 24X7 Roadside Assistance
- 100% Insurance Coverage on Service Invoice Price
We promise limited calls
How to Find the Right Motor Insurance According to Your Needs
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 4110 -
Modified 15 November 2016
Motor insurance is mandatory in India as per legal laws. Motor insurance is an agreement between two parties i.e. insured and insurer under which insurer agrees to compensate damages to the vehicle in case of an accident. But buying a motor insurance is tougher task than buying the car itself.
An individual has a variety of options available as most of the general insurance companies offer motor insurance policies that sometimes a person gets bemused with what to buy. A motor insurance plan India comes up under many variants. But an individual must compare car insurance quotes before eventually buying auto insurance policy.
Car insurance in India is provided by many financial institutions. But finding a comprehensive car insurance policy saves you from every risk. Third party insurance is a mandatory clause in the motor insurance policy which compensates damages to the other party vehicle but comprehensive insurance policy covers risk to your own vehicle including damage to the other party vehicle and property.
Before deciding the policy, you must be aware about these fundamentals of motor insurance plan India. An individual can always compare car insurance quotes in order to get the cheaper deal. But make sure that you don’t end up buying cheaper insurance policy with inadequate coverage.
You must choose a carrier having positive reputation while settling claims. Claim settlement of particular companies can be checked in order to select appropriate car insurance company. While choosing motor insurance policy, you must carefully decide your deductibles. Deductible is the amount or portion which insurer has to pay in the event of an accident.
An individual can buy car insurance policy through various modes. It can be bought via direct agents which are known to us as a traditional method of buying motor insurance policy. While individual can buy car insurance online which has emerged as the most convenient mode of buying motor insurance policy.
A motor insurance can be bought online with the help of insurance aggregators who provides you various comparison tools to compare motor insurance policies offered by multiple providers on a single platform. When you buy car insurance online, it is sure that you will end up buying comprehensive car insurance policy with lesser premiums.
It can be bought via preferred provider website as well. These insurance aggregators provide you multiple calculators such as premium calculator which help you in determining your car insurance premium as well as two wheeler insurance.
- Most Read
- All You Should Know About Multi-Year Motor Insurance
Date: 30 October 2018
- Here are Five Lesser Known Reasons behind the Rejection of Car Insurance Claims
Date: 24 October 2018
- Want to Buy Car Insurance? Here are 9 Tips to Get Accurate Car Insurance Quotes
Date: 17 October 2018
- Can you Get Car Insurance if you don't have a Driving License?
Date: 12 October 2018
- Filing Car Insurance Claim? Here are 6 Reasons Why Your Car Insurance Claim can be Denied
Date: 18 September 2018
- Top 5 Motor Insurance Companies in India
Views : 281962
- What Everybody Ought to Know about Zero Depreciation Car Insurance Cover?
Views : 217052
- 9 Secrets That Your Motor Insurance Provider Won’t Tell You
Views : 199481
- Insured Declared Value (IDV)
Views : 196165
- Money Saving Advice for All Car Owners
Views : 192399