- Save up to 80%*
- Compare 20+ insurers
- 25 lakh+ vehicles insured
What You Should Not Do in Case of Car Accident on Road
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 4294 -
Accident is inevitable and anyone of us can be its victim. Car accident can be of different nature, it can be due to collision or non collision. An accident can bring life to an end. If you find yourself in such circumstances, do the following. Firstly calm down, secondly get medical attention or help if necessary, thirdly respect the police and their efforts.
Do not make an immediate statement to the police or to any insurance company. Let the police know that you will speak to them later after you have calmed down and sought medical attention.
Lastly contact a professional to make sure before proceeding with your matter further. It means that if the party who injured you can show that you were in some way at fault in causing the accident, then your claim can be denied.
Speed can be used as contributing factors to deny an injury claim. Even if the other party is more at fault than you, it can jeopardize your claim. Most people are not looking at their speedometer at impact. Therefore, mostly people guess at their speed. At the scene of an accident, you may be confused and shocked, be in pain and you may be angry.
Mostly you may not be accurate and the insurance company will rely on that statement to evaluate your case. Just avoid making any statement at such a painful time. Visit the closest hospital and get a thorough check up done. Make your statement at a later date mainly after you have had time to calm down and reflect. During this course get in touch with your insurer and confirm the coverage and the claim procedure.
Your small statement can reduce your chances of getting the claim processed. Keep the steps mentioned below in mind to avoid complexities in case of car accident.
- Do not give any statement immediately after the accident.
- Do not sign anything unless you fully understand what it is.
- Do not accept the blame if you think it is not your fault.
- Do not lose your temper.
- Do not use bad language.
- Do not behave aggressively.
- Most Read
- Getting Your Duplicate Car Insurance Policy is Easy-Here’s How!
Date: 20 June 2019
- Car Insurance Add on Covers that are Crucial
Date: 12 June 2019
- Role of Return to Invoice Cover in Car Insurance!
Date: 07 June 2019
- HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Customer Care Number
Date: 07 June 2019
- How to Download TATA AIG Car Insurance Policy and Claim Form
Date: 04 June 2019
- Top 5 Motor Insurance Companies in India
Views : 332490
- Zero Depreciation Car Insurance Coverage & Features
Views : 271579
- Insured Declared Value (IDV)
Views : 247443
- 9 Secrets That Your Motor Insurance Provider Won’t Tell You
Views : 203380
- Money Saving Advice for All Car Owners
Views : 195276
GET ARTICLE ON EMAIL
- Income Tax Calculator
- Other Calculators
- Pension Calculator
- Savings Calculator
- Save Regularly
- Actual Savings
- Health Insurance Premium Calculator
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Term Insurance Calculator
- ULIP Calculator
- Premium Calculator
- FD Calculator
- Investment Calculator