- 3500+ Cashless Garages across India
- 50 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 24X7 Roadside Assistance
- 100% Insurance Coverage on Service Invoice Price
We promise limited calls
3 Types of Motor Insurance Explained
The word Motor broadly covers a lot of classes of vehicles plying on the roads. These may be two-wheelers like scooters and motorbikes, three-wheelers or four wheelers like private cars, jeeps, buses, trucks, commercial taxis and other vehicles.There are three types of motor insurance which has been divided in below categories.
This is the fastest growing segment in the insurance sector as car insurance is mandatory while buying a new car. Major car manufacturers are tying up with leading insurance companies to provide quick insurance to its customers. Car insurance covers loss or damage by accident, fire, lightning, riots, earth quake, hurricane, terrorist attacks, explosion, theft, third party’s claims and damages (like liability for third party injury or death, third party property and liability to paid driver). On payment of appropriate additional premium it covers loss or damage to electrical or electronic accessories and other significant items.
Two Wheelers Insurance
Two wheeler insurance is another type of popular auto insurance in India. It is governed by the Indian Motor Tariff. This insurance provides protection against natural and man made calamities like: fire, rockslide, landslide, storm, hurricane, flood, earthquake, burglary, theft, riots or any damage caused to the vehicle in transit by road, air, inland waterway or rail.
Two wheeler insurance provides mandatory personal accident cover of Rs. 1 lakh to the insurer. This accident cover can also be opted for passengers. It also protects against legal liabilities arising due to third party’s injury/death or damage caused to its property.
Commercial Vehicle Insurance
This type of insurance covers all those vehicles which are not used for personal purpose. Trucks, buses, heavy commercial vehicles, light commercial vehicles, multi utility vehicles, agricultural vehicles, ambulances etc are covered under this insurance. The premium is calculated on the basis of the make and model of the commercial vehicle, place of registration, year of manufacture, current showroom price and whether the insurer is individual or corporate.
Insurance Companies in collaboration with the automobile manufacturing companies chalk out different kind of easy and less complicated plans for safe and easy insurance policy. HSBC India, New India Assurance, United India Insurance, Bajaj Allianz, ICICI Lombard etc are some of the prominent companies in India which provide commercial vehicle insurance.
- Most Read
- All You Should Know About Multi-Year Motor Insurance
Date: 30 October 2018
- Here are Five Lesser Known Reasons behind the Rejection of Car Insurance Claims
Date: 24 October 2018
- Want to Buy Car Insurance? Here are 9 Tips to Get Accurate Car Insurance Quotes
Date: 17 October 2018
- Can you Get Car Insurance if you don't have a Driving License?
Date: 12 October 2018
- Filing Car Insurance Claim? Here are 6 Reasons Why Your Car Insurance Claim can be Denied
Date: 18 September 2018
- Top 5 Motor Insurance Companies in India
Views : 281344
- What Everybody Ought to Know about Zero Depreciation Car Insurance Cover?
Views : 216392
- 9 Secrets That Your Motor Insurance Provider Won’t Tell You
Views : 199429
- Insured Declared Value (IDV)
Views : 195710
- Money Saving Advice for All Car Owners
Views : 192361