Why Should you Buy Car Insurance in Bangalore?
The city of Bangalore is not only known for its business startups but also for the most traffic in India. The chances of incidents like accidents, collisions, and theft have also increased. To curb this, the Govt of India under the motor laws, made it legally compulsory for every car owner to have valid four-wheeler insurance in Bangalore. Apart from this, some other reasons to buy a car insurance policy in Bangalore include:
- Avoid Traffic Fines: The most important reason to purchase a four-wheeler insurance policy is to avoid heavy traffic fines that you have to pay if you don’t own motor insurance in Bangalore.
- Protection from Accidents: A motor insurance policy will also protect your four-wheeler against any damage that it may sustain due to emergencies like road accidents. You will get compensation from the insurance company depending upon the type of damage your car has sustained.
- Protection in Unexpected Calamities: Unexpected manmade disasters are very common in any city, especially with a higher population. Moreover, this city is also known for unforeseen rains and other natural extremities. Thus to cover your car from such unexpected calamities, you must own a four-wheeler insurance cover.
- Hassle-Free Online Purchase: Purchasing car insurance in Bangalore is also very easy and hassle-free. You can simply do so online in just 5 minutes on Policybazaar.com.
Types of Car Insurance Policies in Bangalore
The three major types of motor insurance policies offered in Bangalore are:
Third Party Car Insurance
Under this type of insurance cover, an insurance company compensates for any third party liability such as third party death, disability and property damage caused due to the insured car.
This policy is the least mandatory cover that every car owner has to purchase to ply on the roads of Bangalore.
Standalone Own Damage Car Insurance
Own damage car insurance cover aims at protecting any own damage caused to the insured car due to emergencies like road accidents, collisions, theft, fire etc. This plan, however, does not cover any third-party damage thus it can be additionally purchased in a bundle with a third-party liability insurance policy.
Comprehensive Car Insurance
Comprehensive car insurance is not a mandatory policy but is recommended by insurance experts due to its broad coverage. This type of four-wheeler insurance policy covers own damages sustained by the insured car along with third-party liabilities. Damages arising out of road accidents, theft, fire, natural calamities, etc. are covered.
Coverage Offered Under Car Insurance in Bangalore
A car insurance policy in Bangalore offers the following coverage:
Damages and risks that are included in a comprehensive motor insurance policy in Bangalore include:
- Third-party damages caused due to the third party such as death, injury and third-party property damages
- Losses arising out of theft or burglary of the insured car are covered
- Any loss caused to the insured car if it caught fire or sustained an explosion
- Damages sustained by the insured car due to natural causes like hurricanes, cyclones, floods, etc
- Losses arising out of any manmade act such as a strike, riot, or terrorist act are included in policy coverage
- Claims can also be raised for damages caused when the insured car was in-transit via road, rail, waterways or airways.
Damages that are excluded from four-wheeler insurance coverage in Bangalore:
- Damages sustained by the insured car when the driver was not found with a driving license
- Any damage caused to the insured motor vehicle when the driver was drunk
- Mechanical and electrical breakdown of the insured car is also not covered
- Regular wear and tear sustained by the insured car are also included
- Contractual Liabilities of the owner/driver of the insured car are also covered
- Damages arising outside the geographical scope as mentioned in the policy
- Damages sustained by the insured vehicle when used for commercial purposes are also excluded
How to Buy Car Insurance Online in Bangalore?
Follow these simple steps to buy four-wheeler insurance online in Bangalore:
- Visit the official website of Policybazaar Insurance Brokers Private Limited
- Select the ‘Car Insurance’ page from the ‘Insurance Products’ dropdown
- On the given form, enter your car number or select the ‘Brand New Car’ option
- Now from the table, select your car details such as RTO, variant, model, fuel type, etc
- Fill in the registration form
- Choose the desired four-wheeler insurance plan and add-ons that you wish to add to your plan
- Pay the verified premium amount via desired payment mode
- As soon as the payment is complete, your four-wheeler insurance policy will be issued to you.
Ans: Yes, you can easily purchase a four-wheeler insurance policy online on Policybazaar.com where you can compare multiple plans before choosing one.
Ans: Yes, there are many additional covers that you can purchase with your comprehensive car insurance policy. Some of these include zero depreciation cover, NCB Protect cover, Roadside Assistance cover, Engine Cover, and many more.
Ans: No, you will not need any documents to renew your car insurance from Policybazaar.com. Simply visit the car insurance renewal section, and enter your car number to renew it in two minutes.
Ans: Yes, you will need the following documents to raise a car insurance claim in Bangalore:
- Duly signed and filled claim form
- Copy of driving license
- Copy of Registration certificate
- Copy of Police FIR
- Repair Bills
Find similar car insurance quotes by body type
Car insurance articles
07 Dec 2023If you are planning to buy an SUV car, it is also essential that
05 Dec 2023Investing in a hatchback can be a great option if you are looking
29 Nov 2023Considering the population of rats in our country, it is common to
29 Sep 2023The concept of Own Damage(OD) is not a new one. For those of us
29 Sep 2023Filing a motor insurance claim can be a complex process, and