- 3500+ Cashless Garages across India
- 50 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 24X7 Roadside Assistance
- 100% Insurance Coverage on Service Invoice Price
We promise limited calls
No PUC, No Insurance Renewal, says Supreme Court
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 1188 -
Modified 07 September 2017
Any vehicle, unless the owner produces PUC Certificate, is not eligible for insurance policy renewal, the Supreme Court of India directed to various insurance companies offering motor insurance policies.
The Magistrate, Madan B Lokur, heading a bench, also asked the Road Transport and Highway Ministry to ensure that all fuel stations throughout the NCR (National Capital Region) have PUC centers. The court also directed and has granted 4 weeks to center to make sure all PUC centers in the NCR are operational in order ensure that vehicles plying in the region have PUC certificates without failure. This huge steps taken by the apex court is followed by the EPCA’s (Environment Pollution and Control Authority’s) suggestions.
The decision was taken during the hearing of a PIL filed by M.C. Mehta, an environmentalist, way back in the year 1985, concerning various environment pollutions aspects.
- Most Read
- What to Keep in Mind When Buying Two wheeler insurance Policy for Your Sports Bike?
Date: 18 April 2018
- What Is Covered Under Third Party Car Insurance Policy?
Date: 28 March 2018
- What is Engine Protection Cover in Auto Insurance?
Date: 19 March 2018
- Everything You Need to Know About Theft Cover of Two Wheeler Insurance Plans
Date: 28 February 2018
- How a Zero-Dep Car Insurance Policy Benefits You during Claims?
Date: 20 February 2018
- Top 5 Motor Insurance Companies in India
Views : 251105
- What Everybody Ought to Know about Zero Depreciation Car Insurance Cover?
Views : 179069
- Insured Declared Value (IDV)
Views : 168674
- Renew Your Two Wheeler Break-in Insurance Policy at PolicyBazaar
Views : 167388
- Two Wheeler Insurance Plans
Views : 107351