Any vehicle, unless the owner produces PUC Certificate, is not eligible for insurance policy renewal, the Supreme Court of India directed to various insurance companies offering motor insurance policies.
The Magistrate, Madan B Lokur, heading a bench, also asked the Road Transport and Highway Ministry to ensure that all fuel stations throughout the NCR (National Capital Region) have PUC centers. The court also directed and has granted 4 weeks to center to make sure all PUC centers in the NCR are operational in order ensure that vehicles plying in the region have PUC certificates without failure. This huge steps taken by the apex court is followed by the EPCA’s (Environment Pollution and Control Authority’s) suggestions.
The decision was taken during the hearing of a PIL filed by M.C. Mehta, an environmentalist, way back in the year 1985, concerning various environment pollutions aspects.
- Most Read
- How will Modifications Affect My Car Insurance?
Date: 31 October 2017
- Zero Depreciation Insurance: Is It a Good Deal?
Date: 11 October 2017
- Money Saving Advice for All Car Owners
Date: 10 October 2017
- 20 Tips for First Time Auto Insurance Buyers
Date: 09 October 2017
- How Does Car Insurance Calculator Benefit You?
Date: 04 October 2017
- Top 5 Motor Insurance Companies in India
Views : 212988
- What Everybody Ought to Know about Zero Depreciation Car Insurance Cover?
Views : 133887
- Insured Declared Value (IDV)
Views : 129189
- Renew Your Two Wheeler Break-in Insurance Policy at PolicyBazaar
Views : 101961
- Two Wheeler Insurance Plans
Views : 95298