SBI Funds Management Pvt. Ltd. Company has over 30 years of experience in the field of fund management and constantly delivers value to its investors. They have a strong foundation laid by the State Bank of India (SBI), the largest public sector bank in India.
The company has set their priorities right and they aim at delivering value and nourish the faith and trust of the extensive range of valuable investors.
What is SBI Mutual Fund?
SBI Mutual Fund (SBIMF) is a joint venture between State Bank of India (SBI) of India and AMUNDI (France) - one of the top fund management companies of the world. AMUNDI is a subsidiary jointly formed by Société Générale and Crédit Agricole. SBI Mutual Fund’s corporate headquarter is at Mumbai. SBI MF is the largest bank sponsored MF of India.
Moreover, this is the first bank-sponsored mutual fund schemes to launch an offshore fund named Resurgent India Opportunity Fund. This fund house has 222 points of acceptance across India.
SBI Mutual Funds also involve in an active management of investors portfolio and offers diverse funds ranging from equity, debt, balances, etc. In order to provide high returns on investment to the investors and help them to create wealth over long-term period.
Benefits of SBI Mutual Fund
There are different benefits of making an investment in SBI Mutual Funds. They are:
- SBI Funds Management has expertise along with comprehensive experience. This is one of the most sought after advisors to asset management companies, pension funds, and financial institutions.
- SBI Mutual Fund offers both offshore and domestic funds
- Based on your preferences and personalised requirements, you can choose from a wide range of tailor-made investment schemes so as to meet your investment requirements.
- SBI MF has excelled at understanding the needs and objective of its investors.
- There is a wide variety of funds offered by SBI, to suit investors risk appetite for low, medium, or high risk.
Top 5 SBI Mutual Fund Schemes
SBIMF in India acts as a feasible investment instrument to a large section of investors, as it offers both offshore and domestic funds.
Here’s a table showing the top 5 SBI Mutual Fund Results and Performance:
|Top 5 SBI Mutual Fund
||10 Year Returns||5 Year Return||3 Year Return||1 Year Return|
|SBI Banking & Financial Services Fund - Regular Plan (Equity Banking)||-||-||18.74||16.1|
|SBI Arbitrage Opportunities Fund (Hybrid: Arbitrage)||7.14||7.16||5.92||6.06|
|SBI Consumption Opportunities Fund (Equity FMCG)||22.03||17.68||19.43||28.26|
|SBI Bluechip Fund (Equity large cap)||11.33||17.25||11.48||9.86|
|SBI Dynamic Asset Allocation Fund (Hybrid Asset Allocation Fund)||-||-||9.58||10.36|
Types of SBI Mutual Fund
As one of the leading mutual fund providers in India, SBI mutual fund offers an extensive range of fund options to invest in. Let’s take a look at the different types of fund offered by SBI mutual Fund.
SBI Equity Funds
The prime focus of equity scheme is to ensure investors’ capital growth. The scheme allows investors to make investments in equity or equity-related investment options for medium and long-terms by various companies.
|SBI Equity Fund||5 Year Rolling Return||3 Year Rolling Return||1 Year Rolling Return|
|SBI Banking & Financial Services Fund (G)||-||19.18||0.72|
|SBI BlueChip Fund (G)||16.27||8.63||-7.07|
|SBI Consumption Opp Fund (G)||16.54||14.34||-0.42|
|SBI Contra Fund (G)||13.86||6.70||-14.65|
|SBI ETF BSE 100||-||12.03||0.15|
- SBI Banking & Financial Services Fund (G): This is an open-ended equity mutual fund making an investment in MF companies engaged in banking and financial sector. This mutual fund scheme has offered 13.24% returns since its inception.
- SBI BlueChip Fund (G): This scheme is a regular growth open-ended mutual fund that intends to offer investors with LTCG via management of investments in a wide variety of large-cap equities. SBI Mutual Fund NAV of this scheme is 38.5436 as on July 25, 2019.
- SBI Consumption Opp Fund (G): This scheme is a thematic fund that invests in equity derivatives and equity of the mutual fund companies related to consumption theme. This fund has given unusual returns of 16.13 per cent and 16.17 per cent over the 5 years and 3 years respectively.
- SBI Contra Fund (G): This scheme is a diversified equity fund with a financial goal to produce long-term capital appreciation from a diversified portfolio, which is substantially invested in equity-linked and equity instruments.
SBI Tax-Saving Funds
Tax-Saving Funds offered by SBI MF intend to encourage the habit of saving by making an investment in equity that offers tax deductions u/s 80C of the Income Tax Act, 1961. These funds are diversified equity mutual fund schemes having a lock-in period of 3 years.
|SBI Tax-Saving Fund||5 Year Rolling Return||3 Year Rolling Return||1 Year Rolling Return|
|SBI Magnum Tax Gain Scheme||43.31||16.63||0.22|
- SBI Magnum Tax Gain Scheme: This mutual fund scheme by SBI Mutual Funds is an equity-linked saving scheme (ELSS) constituting equity funds in the portfolio of the provider.
SBI Debt Funds
These plans make investments in fixed-income securities, including government securities, corporate debentures, bonds etc. The investors can easily get fixed regular income by investing in such schemes. SBI MF offers 11 schemes under its Debt/Income Scheme category.
|SBI Debt Fund||5 Year Rolling Return||3 Year Rolling Return||1 Year Rolling Return|
|SBI Banking & PSU Fund (G)||7.99||6.98||6.04|
|SBI Liquid Fund (G)||7.69||7.04||7.04|
|SBI Credit Risk Fund (G)||8.61||7.47||4.45|
|SBI ETF 10 Year Gilt||-||-||-0.90|
|SBI Dynamic Bond Fund (G)||8.08||7.09||1.54|
- SBI Banking & PSU Fund (G): SBI Banking and PSU Fund is a mutual fund offered by SBI with a NAV of 2149.4116 (as on July 25, 2019). This scheme is a growth-regular scheme with an expense ratio of 0.81%.
- SBI Liquid Fund (G): This scheme offers an opportunity to make an investment in the entire range of money-market and debt instruments with residual maturity up to 91 days only.
- SBI Credit Risk Fund (G): This scheme is an open-ended fund that seeks to offer its investors to invest in corporate bonds with rating AA.
- SBI ETF 10 Year Gilt: This scheme is an open-ended plan that falls under the category of index funds/ETFs and has an expense ratio of 0.05%.
- SBI Dynamic Bond Fund (G): SBI Dynamic Bond Fund is an open-ended mutual fund scheme with an expense ratio of 1.65%. The investor can earn handsome returns via investment in an actively managed product portfolio of higher quality debt securities of differing maturities.
SBI Hybrid Funds
This is the type of mutual fund (scheme), which makes investments a blend of equity and debt in different dimensions. It is inclusive of stocks and bond elements. SBI Mutual Fund offers 7 schemes under the Hybrid Fund category.
|SBI Hybrid Fund||5 Year Rolling Return||3 Year Rolling Return||1 Year Rolling Return|
|SBI Debt Hybrid Fund (G)||8.84||5.90||-3.86|
|SBI Equity Hybrid Fund (G)||15.77||8.71||-3.60|
|SBI Equity Saving Fund (G)||-||6.40||-1.32|
|SBI Magnum Children Benefit Plan||16.08||13.49||1.32|
|SBI Multi-Asset Allocation Fund (G)||9.19||6.41||-0.08|
- SBI Debt Hybrid Fund (G): This is an open-ended equity scheme that invests primarily in money-market and debt instruments. SBI Debt Hybrid Fund also invests in equity-related and equity instruments.
- SBI Equity Hybrid Fund (G): SBI Equity Hybrid Fund is an aggressive hybrid mutual fund scheme seeking to provide its investor long-term capital appreciation together with the liquidity of open-ended plan.
- SBI Equity Saving Fund (G): This mutual fund plan is an open-ended equity savings plan seeking to produce regular income by making an investment in arbitrage opportunities in derivatives and cash segment of the equity market along with capital appreciation via moderate risk.
- SBI Magnum Children Benefit Plan: This scheme is offered by SBI Mutual Fund is an open-ended fund that falls under Children’s fund's category with an expense ratio of 2.22% and a lock-in period of at least 5 years or until the child attains his/her maturity age.
- SBI Multi-Asset Allocation Fund (G): SBI Multi-Asset Allocation Fund is an open-ended plan offered by SBI Mutual Funds to make investment across asset classes. This MF scheme delivers capital appreciation and regular income by making an investment in equity-related and equity instruments, gold, gold-related instruments as well as debt instruments.
Exchange-Traded Fund Scheme deals in stocks. They are available in a wide range of securities. SBI Mutual Fund offers 5 different types of schemes under the Exchange Traded Scheme.
Fixed Maturity Plan
These plans are close-ended debt scheme(s) that have a fixed maturity date(s). The investment is made in money market and debt vehicles. SBI Mutual Fund offers a variety of schemes under this category.
These particular schemes make investments in short-term investment instruments like commercial paper, treasury bills, certificates deposit etc. SBI Mutual Fund offers 3 schemes under the Liquid Scheme category.
Fund of Funds
This is the kind of mutual fund plan that primarily makes investments in different schemes of other mutual funds or same mutual fund. SBI Gold Fund - the exclusive scheme is offered by SBIMF.
Dividend under Dividend Plan
SBIMF offers Dividend under Dividend plan that provides the following plans:
- SBI Blue Chip Fund
- SBI Magnum Balanced Fund
Best SBI Mutual Fund Schemes
Let’s take a look at the best performing SBI mutual fund schemes to invest in India.
SBI Blue Chip Fund
- Date of Inception- 14th January 2006
- Fund Manager- Ms. Sohini Andani (Since2010)
- AUM- Rs.19, 215 Crore
- Fund Category- Large-cap
- Fund Benchmark- S&P BSE 100 TRI
- Expense Ratio- 2.22%
|Returns||1 year||3 years||5 years|
|Benchmark Returns (S&P BSE 100 TRI)||10.97%||12.84%||15.83%|
This is an aggressive large-cap fund, wherein 80% of the asset is invested in large-cap stocks, 10% of asset is invested in mid-cap and small-cap stocks and the remaining 10% is invested in debt/cash respectively. The scheme has shown an excellent performance in the category of overall return in 3 years period and has outperformed both the category of benchmark and return during the period of 5 years. This fund is best suitable for investors who have a high risk appetite and wants to gain high return on investment over a long-term period.
SBI Small Cap Fund
- Inception Date- September, 2009
- Fund Manager- R.Srinivasan
- AUM- Rs.1067.06
- Fund Category- Small Cap Equity
- Fund Benchmark- S&P BSE Small cap (TRI)
- Expense Ratio- 2.74%
|Returns||1 year||3 years||5 years|
|Benchmark Returns (S&P BSE 100 TRI)||-1.80||10.92%||9.29%|
SBI Small Cap Fund is managed by one of the leading fund houses of India. The long-term performance of the scheme is best as compared to the performance of the other schemes. SBI Small Cap Fund has consistently outperformed in the market by providing the return of 21-35% in 3-5 years. The fund provides an opportunity to the investors to gain long-term capital growth by making investment majorly in well-diversified portfolio of equity stocks and small-cap companies. Under this fund option, 65% of the asset is invested in small-cap stocks and 35% of the asset is invested in other equities of large-cap and mid-cap companies and debt/money market instrument.
SBI Magnum Multicap Fund
- Inception Date- 29th September, 2005
- Fund Manager- Mr. Anup Upadhyay (Since 2017)
- AUM- Rs. 5, 778 Crore
- Fund Category- Multi Cap
- Fund Benchmark- S&P BSE 500 TRI
- Expense ratio- 2.42%
|Returns||1 year||3 years||5 years|
|Benchmark Returns (S&P BSE 100 TRI)||7.43%||12.64%||17.04%|
This is an aggressive multi-cap fund, wherein only 56% of the asset is allocated in large-cap stocks and the rest 21% and 15% of the asset is allocated in mid-cap and small-cap stocks. The SBI Magnum Multicap Fund provides an opportunity to the investors to gain long-term capital growth and high returns on investment. This fund is best suited for investors who have a high risk appetite and who wants to accumulate wealth in long-term.
SBI Short-Term Fund
- Inception Date- July, 2007
- Fund Manager- Rajeev Radhakrishnan
- AUM- Rs.6, 513.25 Crore
- Fund Category- Short Duration Fund
- Fund Benchmark- CRISIL Short Term Bond Fund Index
- Expense Ratio- 0.92%
|Returns||1 year||3 years||5 years|
|Benchmark Returns (S&P BSE 100 TRI)||4.24%||7.03%||8.21%|
SBI Short-term fund is a regular growth debt fund, which aims to provide regular income to the investors’ by making investment predominantly in debt instruments and money market instrument. The fund has outperformed in the market from past 3-5 years and is best suitable for investors who have a moderate risk appetite. The individuals who want to gain regular and consistent should consider investing in this fund.
SBI Equity Hybrid Fund
- Inception Date- 31st December, 1995
- Fund Manager- Mr. R Srinivasan
- AUM- Rs.29, 414.37 Crore
- Fund Category- Hybrid Fund
- Expense Ratio- 1.65%
|Returns||1 year||3 years||5 years|
This is an open-ended equity scheme, which aims to provide long-term capital growth to the investors by making investment in a mix of equity and debt instruments. The fund offers the liquidity of an open-ended scheme. Under this fund option 65% of the asset is invested in equity instruments and the rest 20-35% of asset is allocated towards debt and money market instruments. This fund is best suitable for investors who have a high risk appetite and who want to gain high return on investment over a long-term period.
How to make an investment in SBI Mutual Funds?
Making an investment in SBI Mutual Funds is now simpler and easier than ever before. Whether you’re a novice or a seasoned investor, you can invest in SBI MF without hassles. You can visit the official website of SBI Mutual Fund and invest in the fund of your preference.
You can follow the steps below so as to invest in SBI Mutual Fund Schemes:
Step 1: Visit the SBI Mutual Fund official website.
Step 2: Click on ‘Invest Now’ button on the upper right side of the home page.
Step 3: You will be redirected to the lead form. You need to fill in the necessary details including your PAN number.
Step 4: Make online payment via Internet Banking, Debit Card, or Credit Card.
Documents needed while Investing in SBI Mutual Funds
There are several documents that you’ll require while investing in SBI Mutual Fund. They are as follows:
- PAN Card
- AADHAAR Card
- Driving License
- Voter ID
- AADHAAR Card
- Lease/Rental Agreement (in case of rented accommodation)
- Utility Bills
- Ration Card
Why Choose SBI Mutual Fund?
SBI Mutual Fund caters to the needs of the individual investor and business entities as well. It provides a variety of benefits to its investors. The following are the key features of SBI Mutual Fund:
- With SBI Mutual Fund, you get the capital appreciation for your investments at a reduced risk.
- For investments, it offers domestic funds and off-shore funds.
- On the basis of your personalized requirements, you can select from a wide range of customized investment plans.
- With SBI Mutual Fund, your tax planning is made easier. It provides ELSS (Equity Linked Savings Scheme) - a type of diversified equity mutual fund that makes you eligible to claim tax deductions under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act, 1961. Investing in it gives you the additional benefit of tax savings.
- NRIs are eligible to make an investment in SBI Mutual Fund.
- For your convenience, you can also make an investment(s) online, at your preferred time.