Top Travel Insurance Plans
- Sr. Citizens
Plans for an individual of 30 years age travelling to USA for 15 days
List of Places to Visit in Sweden
Sweden is any traveller's paradise; rich in landscapes and historical significance, the country is a must-visit for nature and adventure lovers. The influence of several royal dynasties, and notorious Viking invasions make it a great place for history buffs.
The country has preserved its air and water and boasts acres of unspoiled forests and vast archipelagos along its coastline. Take a look at some of the best places to visit in Sweden below:
As you plan your trip to this country, don’t forget to buy the best travel insurance for Sweden. The country requires Indian visitors to have mandatory travel medical insurance with a coverage of EUR 30,000. Being a part of the Schengen region, all non-Schengen tourists will need to have valid travel insurance plan to get their visa approved.
Sweden's stunning capital, Stockholm is among the best European cities for travellers. The city is spread over many islands and peninsulas, offering a unique experience through its intricate waterways. Some of its key attractions include:
- Gamla Stan: Also called the Old Town dating back to the 1200s, the area is a time machine ready to take you back to old buildings, authentic restaurants and hidden alleys.
- Julmarknad: If visiting during the Christmas season, don't forget to visit this stunning Christmas Market in Gamla Stan.
- Nobel Prize Museum: Formerly the Stock Exchange Building, this small museum is packed with important displays related to the founder Alfred Nobel, and different Nobel prizewinners.
- Royal Palace: It is also referred to as Stockholm Palace, don't forget to watch the changing of the guard ceremony.
- Vasa Museum: Check out the museum's main attraction, it's 64-gun Vasa battleship that sank on its maiden voyage
- Royal Canal: Go on a Royal Canal Tour and take a trip across Stockholm under its bridges.
- Skansen Open-Air Museum: On Djurgården island is the world's oldest open-air museum, functioning since 1891. One of the best places to visit in Sweden, don't forget to visit the Skansen Aquarium, Seglora church, and the famous Solliden restaurant.
The city is overflowing with the best places to visit in Sweden; it is said that everything you can possibly see in Sweden can be experienced in Stockholm.
One of the best places to visit in Sweden for foodies, Gothenburg has become a must-visit place for travellers. The city is famous not only for its award-winning restaurants but also for its magnificent coastline and the seafood it offers.
The city is a stark contrast to the Swedish capital in many aspects. The city has a rather temperate climate and is comparatively cheaper than Stockholm. Some of the best places to visit in Gothenburg include:
- Liseberg Amusement Park: Visit the biggest theme park in Scandinavia for some of the best roller coaster rides and great restaurants. The park opened in 1923 and offers over 40 different rides and attractions. Try to visit during Halloween and Christmas time for an ultimate experience!
- Slottsskogen Park: Both locals and tourists love this beautiful park spread over 300 acres. Visitors can spot elks, moose, seals, penguins and deer. The place is excellent for biking, roller skating and miniature golf. During summer, it is the venue for the famous Way Out West music festival. Don't forget to visit the Gothenburg Museum of Natural History.
- Gothenburg Museum of Art: This museum holds some of the finest collections in Northern Europe and covers pieces dating back to the 15th century. Popular artists showcased here include Monet, Picasso, Carl Larsson, Rembrandt and more.
- Haga District: Dating back to the 17th century, Haga Nygata is among the oldest neighbourhoods in Gothenburg. Popular attractions here include its well-preserved timber houses, famous Kanelbuller of Cafe Husaren, Haga Bathhouse and its numerous boutique shops and quaint cafes.
- The Garden Society: This 19th-century park is among the best-preserved gardens in Europe and boasts exotic plants, rolling lawns and a beautiful glass and cast-iron house built in 1878.
- Skansen Kronan: Close to the Haga district is this fortress offering sweeping views of the city. The fort was built in 1697 and today serves as a pleasant conference centre and restaurant for tourists.
- Magasinsgatan: This bustling neighbourhood is a must-visit for shoppers who won't miss authentic Swedish gourmet food.
Tourists can get around the city on foot and is closer to the European continent, allowing easy access to other countries through Denmark or Norway.
The port city of Helsingborg is a less explored part of Sweden otherwise full of numerous attractions. The city has many stone churches, beautiful old houses and the famous Karnan Fortress which has existed for six centuries. Some of the best places to visit in Sweden in this city include:
- The Kernel: Easily the most popular attraction in Helsingborg, Kärnan or the Kernel is a 35-metre high brick tower situated near the Stortorget market square. The tower dates back to the 1300s and offers stunning views of the town. Nearby attractions include the Slottshagen, one of the favourite parks of locals and tourists alike.
- Town Hall: Dating back to 1870, this neo-Gothic structure is among the most stunning landmarks in Helsingborg. The town hall has intricate glass windows depicting important historical events.
- Fredrikstad Open-Air Museum: One of the best places to visit in Sweden, this place is perfect for families and groups who want to have a relaxing time. Nearby attractions include a music museum, the 18th century Fredrikstad Mansion, an open-air theatre and a Botanic Garden.
- Sofiero Castle: A few kilometres away from the main city is the Sofiero Slott, listed among the best places to visit in Sweden, especially for nature & history lovers. This legal garden was built in the 19th century and now hosts several activities, events and exhibits here. Guided tours are available here, along with a cafe and restaurant to treat your hunger pangs.
- Tropikariet: Animal lovers can visit this indoor zoo for some fun and adventure. It is perfect for a family outing and has animals like meerkats, monkeys, sharks and even coral reefs.
The city also offers stunning dining options across various cuisines, ranging from Asian to Swedish specialities.
Scania County (Skåne)
Every nature-lover needs to visit Skåne while on their Scandinavian tour. One of the best places to visit in Sweden, Skåne offers varying landscapes and offers a brilliant experience for every type of visitor. The province has more than 300 gardens and castles, many of them dating back to the 12th century. Take a look at different things you can do here:
- Sofiero Castle: One of the most beautiful castles in Sweden, it is also believed to be the most beautiful park in Europe. It is also famous for its stunning gardens, full of velvety lawns and two rhododendron ravines. The castle was built in 1864 and is among the most-visited places in Sweden due to its guided tours and park walks.
- Skånor Beach: A short distance from Malmo is one of the most beautiful beaches of the country. The colourful beach huts and the beautiful coastline make it a perfect place for a relaxing holiday.
- Flackarps Mill: One of the oldest mills in the county, this mill has been an important landmark since 1868 and now offers several open days throughout the year.
- Torup Castle: Situated near Bokskogen, this castle dates back to the 1540s and is among the best places to visit in Sweden. The castle is brilliantly preserved and is perfect for day trips.
Spring is the best time to visit this province, it will let you experience it's gorgeous fields in full bloom. Whatever time you decide to visit this place, make sure to pick the best international travel insurance for Sweden for a safe trip!
Explore Types of Travel Insurance
Ans: Some of the most popular tourist attractions in Sweden include the Stockholm Archipelago, Shansen, Vasa Museum, Gamla Stan, Drottningholm Palace, the Göta Canal, Stockholm City Hall, Visby, Liseberg Theme Park, Oresund Bridge, and Abisko National Park.
Ans: Sweden ranks among the best countries in the world for their quality of life and standard of living. The country is also among the wealthiest European countries. However, compared to many other popular attractions like France, the UK, and Australia it is considerably affordable for tourists. If you plan to backpack or are on a budget, be prepared to spend considerably on food and stay.
Ans: Sweden's capital, Stockholm, is the country's most visited city. The city is famous for its waterways and lakes, also referred to as the 'Venice of the North'.
Ans: Yes, since Sweden is a part of the Schengen territory, all those visitors who are not from the member states need to have the mentioned travel medical insurance to get their visa for Sweden approved.
Ans: You can plan a trip to Sweden anytime between May and September. The country sees plenty of sunshine and is perfect for sightseeing and spending time outdoors. Other than this, if you want to see the Northern Lights, visit Sweden between September and March.