Car Insurance Add on Covers that are Crucial
There is a wide range of options available for car insurance in India. You can opt for a comprehensive car insurance policy if you want add-on covers in motor insurance. But you will have to pay an extra premium to avail the benefits. You get what you pay for. Even if you opt for a standard policy, you can still get additional benefits in a car insurance plan at a fixed cost.
Enclosed below are a few car insurance add-ons that are provided by car insurance companies in India-
- Personal Accident Cover for the Passengers: It involves two types of benefits, one in which the coverage is limited to the owner/driver without any extra cost. And the other in which the coverage is extended to the passengers as well. As the name implies, it safeguards the driver and the passengers in case there is an accident. The cost of a basic personal accident cover is now INR 15 lakh.By paying an additional amount you can get it extended to the unnamed passengers in case of accidental death or bodily injuries. If you are lucky, your insurance provider may give you an option to get a specific number of passengers covered under the same plan. The coverage is provided up to a fixed amount (as mentioned in the policy wordings of the motor insurance provider up to a certain amount).
- Personal Accident Cover for the Unnamed Passengers: In this the coverage is extended to the passengers as well. By paying an additional amount you can get it extended to the unnamed passengers (including family members and friends) in case of accidental death or bodily injuries. If you are lucky, your insurance provider may give you an option to get a specific number of passengers covered under the same plan. The coverage is provided up to a fixed amount (as mentioned in the policy wordings of the motor insurance provider up to a certain amount).
- Personal Accident Cover for the Paid Driver/Drivers: You can also buy personal accident cover for the paid driver/drivers to cover up for accidental death, permanent and partial disabilities. The coverage is provided up to a fixed amount as per the Workman Compensation Amendment Act
- Agency Repairs: For all the expensive car owners an agency repair is recommended. In case of a road emergency, your car will get repaired at any of the network garages. This will ensure timely repair and will save you a lot of money.
- Car Rental: Some insurers also offer car hiring service as an optional insurance add-on. It means that your car insurance company will reimburse the cost of renting a vehicle in an emergency situation while driving on the city roads. Though, the coverage amount and duration varies from one car insurance plan to another and one insurance provider to another. Whereas, there are some car insurance companies that give you the option to select the period of the car rental ( from 7 days to two weeks) and the cost will be based on the duration you have opted for.
- Windscreen Cover: It is not commonly provided. But there are some car insurance companies in India, which offer coverage against any accidental damage caused to a car’s windscreen or window. For those who own luxury cars, it is certainly a valuable option to consider. Even if you own a budget car, getting windscreen repair done on your own, can be an expensive affair. Because you never know when you become a victim of collision or accident and it may cause damage to your car’s windscreen while driving it.
- Emergency Roadside Assistance: If you are buying car insurance, it is the most simple and commonly opted additional cover by car owners in our country. It includes recovery of the vehicle if there is a breakdown or accident on road. As compared to other add-ons, it is the most economical one. You can get professional assistance, agency repair, flat tire change, towing support, fuel refilling assistance in case there is an emergency and you are stuck in the middle of the road. By paying a small extra amount, you can get a lot of benefits with roadside assistance cover, which may cost you a few hundred rupees otherwise. It can prove beneficial to have roadside assistance number handy.
- Vehicle Towing Assistance: In case of a collision or an accident, you can get towing assistance from your car insurance provider. You can get your car towed to the nearest garage and get the repair work done. Some insurers also cover up the towing charges, but this may vary from one insurer to another.
- Repairing Assistance: In case your car breaks down in the middle of the road, then you can seek on-site repair assistance from your insurance provider. The insurer will pay off the mechanic charges but this will also depend on the plan you have opted for. But you will have to pay for the cost of parts that are replaced.
- Car Extraction and Removal: Car break down can be exhausting, the insurance company will offer crane assistance for removal and extraction of the vehicle from the spot of incidence.
- Dead Battery Support: If your car’s battery drains out in the middle of the road, you can always ask your insurer to jump-start your car’s engine. And your car will get repaired at one of the nearest workshops.
- Refilling: If your car runs out of fuel while driving on the road, then you also get fuel assistance. This will prove to be a saver when there is no petrol pump in your vicinity. Please remember that you will have the pay the cost of fuel from your own pocket.
- Vehicle Unlocking Support: A lot of times, people forget their keys inside the car. and if you have this add-on cover, then you can seek help to get unlock your car and take the keys outside of the vehicle.
- Flat Tyre Assistance: In summers this one is quite common. Whenever your car’s tires go flat you can seek emergency assistance from your insurer and get your tire replaced. However, you should always carry car repairing tool kit with you and Stepney.
Over to You!
Now you would know that you can avail extra benefits under a comprehensive vehicle insurance plan. To safeguard yourself against all the road perils while driving on road, it is suggested that you get some add-on benefits to increase your safety cover on the Indian Roads.
- Best Car Insurance Companies in India
- By PolicyBazaar -
Updated: 16 July 2020 -
- 421323 Views
Best Car Insurance Companies in India Getting motor insurance is essential for all the car/vehicle owners and drivers in India. It is mandatory to have third party car insurance in India under the Motor Vehicle Act, 1...read more
- Insured Declared Value (IDV)
- By PolicyBazaar -
Updated: 21 July 2020 -
- 328538 Views
Insured Declared Value (IDV) Insured Declared Value (IDV) is the maximum Sum Assured fixed by the insurer which is provided on theft or total loss of vehicle. Basically, IDV is the current market value of the vehicle....read more
- Zero Depreciation Car Insurance
- By PolicyBazaar -
Updated: 29 June 2020 -
- 314461 Views
Zero Depreciation Car Insurance In a zero depreciation policy the insured gets the total cost of the damage or loss that is caused to the insured car. The depreciation value of the replaced or damaged parts is usually...read more
- No Claim Bonus (NCB) in Car Insurance
- By PolicyBazaar -
Updated: 14 July 2020 -
- 214604 Views
No Claim Bonus (NCB) in Car Insurance No Claim Bonus (NCB) is a reward, given by an insurer to a policyholder for making no claims during the policy term. No Claim Bonus can be accumulated as a discount on the premium...read more
- 9 Secrets That Your Motor Insurance Provider Won’t Tell You
- By PolicyBazaar -
Updated: 10 June 2020 -
- 209818 Views
9 Secrets That Your Motor Insurance Provider Won’t Tell You Due to the dangerous driving conditions, it is compulsory to have third party insurance for every vehicle plying on Indian roads. It ensures the overall sa...read more