In Car insurance, a comprehensive car insurance policy covers damage to your vehicle caused by certain events. These include (but are not limited to) fire, theft, vandalism and falling objects. This also comes with a deductible you volunteer to pay and which you are obliged to pay before the insurance company pays the remainder.
It is advisable to buy the Comprehensive insurance policy for your car because it covers the insured, vehicle and third party in a single policy. This type of insurance covers all the risks covered in the Motor Vehicles Act plus loss or damage caused to the vehicle due to:
- Flood, hurricane, cyclones, typhoon, storm
- Theft, burglary, strikes and riots
- Terrorism, Malicious acts
- Accident, Fire or Theft.
- Floods and earthquake
- Transit by road, rail, watercraft, air, elevator, etc.
- Towing charges incurred after an accident.
- Explosion, self-ignition, lightning
The Comprehensive Insurance coverage excludes the loss or damage caused due to:
- Driver under the influence of alcohol at the time of impact.
- Vehicle being driven by a person not holding a valid driving license.
- Damage to the tyres unless the vehicle is also damaged.
- Wear and tear or mechanical breakdown.
- Most Read
- How will Modifications Affect My Car Insurance?
Date: 31 October 2017
- Zero Depreciation Insurance: Is It a Good Deal?
Date: 11 October 2017
- Money Saving Advice for All Car Owners
Date: 10 October 2017
- 20 Tips for First Time Auto Insurance Buyers
Date: 09 October 2017
- How Does Car Insurance Calculator Benefit You?
Date: 04 October 2017
- Top 5 Motor Insurance Companies in India
Views : 212579
- What Everybody Ought to Know about Zero Depreciation Car Insurance Cover?
Views : 133451
- Insured Declared Value (IDV)
Views : 128742
- Renew Your Two Wheeler Break-in Insurance Policy at PolicyBazaar
Views : 101345
- Two Wheeler Insurance Plans
Views : 95129