Bharti AXA Car Insurance
Bharti AXA General Insurance Co. Ltd. is a joint venture between Bharti Enterprises and AXA, and both are the leaders in their respective industries. Bharti AXA commenced its operations in August 2008 and has bagged dual certifications of ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 27001: 2005. The company continues to be a trusted insurer with a claim settlement ratio of 98.27 percent.
Bharti AXA Car Insurance
Third Party Coverage
Up to 7.5 lakhs
Up to Rs. 15 Lakhs
Damage to Own Car
It offers cashless garages services at 4500+ network garage
Up to Rs. 10,000
Advantages of Buying Bharti AXA Car Insurance Policy
The Bharti AXA car insurance policies are ideal for people who want to buy a quick and effective motor insurance policy. Here is the list of the advantages that come with this car insurance policy:
- Purchasing and renewing a car insurance plan is quite hassle-free
- The claim requests are approved without wasting the time of the customer
- Minimal documentation is required at the time of claim settlement
- Comprehensive coverage along with a range of additional covers to enhance your safety
- There is a facility of cashless claim settlement across 3000 authorized network workshops
- For all the claim-free years, you are entitled to a No-Claim-Bonus of up to 50 percent. Your previous NCB is also retained while purchasing a new car insurance policy from Bharti AXA.
- 24*7 customer support services to address all the policy related queries and concerns
Key Features of Bharti AXA Car Insurance Policy
The features and benefits of Bharti AXA car insurance plans are enumerated below:
- Save yourself from making a hole in your pocket as you have your car covered against natural and man-made calamities
- Easy access to network garages and timely claim settlements can save you off the stress in the aftermath of an accident
- A number of add-on benefits including coverage for the co-passengers, hospital cash benefit, replacement of lost key, etc.
- Instant issuance of policy without wasting much of your time
- Cashless claim settlement across 3000 network workshops across India
- Round-the-clock claim assistance services
- Easy to purchase Bharti AXA car insurance policy online
Types of Bharti AXA Car Insurance Plans
To be eligible to drive in India, it is essential to have a car insurance policy, as per the Motor Vehicles Act. You need to pay the cost of the premium every year, and the insurer will recompense the expenses incurred during a collision or an accident.
Comprehensive Car Insurance Plan
It includes both the losses and damages caused to your car and a third-party. Protection is offered to you and your car against the maximum risks. It covers natural disasters such as landslides, floods, earthquakes, storms, and also manmade calamities like riots, thefts, etc. This type of motor insurance policy is suggested or all the cars.
Bharti AXA will reimburse the expenses incurred during third-party injuries or 3RD party property damages. It will only cover third-party property damages or injuries. IRDAI layouts the 3rd party car insurance rates that are revised annually-
Third-party Liability Premium Rates Table:
Capacity of the Engine ( in cc)
Premium for New Cars for 3-Year Plan
Cost of Premium
1,000 to 1,500
Note- In case of 3rd party property damage the limit of compensation provided is up to 7.5 lakhs. In case of bodily injuries and death, compensation will be decided by the court.
Scope of Coverage under Bharti AXA Car Insurance
- Option to get personal accident cover for co-riders
- Natural disasters such as flood, cyclone, earthquake, etc.
- Manmade disasters such as fire, riots, terrorism, etc.
- Third-Party liability cover- it provided protection against any loss or damage caused to the third-party or property, including injuries or damages to a third-person by your vehicle.
- Both the owner and the driver can get a compulsory personal accident cover in case of third-party and comprehensive insurance plans. And the premium for this one is Rs. 750 per year and the sum insured limit is Rs. 15 lakhs in the event of accidental death, loss of eye/s, limb/s, total disabilities
- Any damage while the car is in transit via rail, road, lift, inland waterway, elevator or air
Bharti Axa Car Insurance Optional Benefits
The insurer provides the following optional covers:
- No claim discount
- Hospital cash benefit
- Roadside assistance
- Consumables cover
- Zero depreciation
- Personal Accident benefit for the co-riders
- Key Replacement Cover
- Invoice Price Cover
- Ambulance Expenses
- Gearbox Cover
- Engine Cover
Bharti AXA Car Insurance Add-on Covers
On payment of some extra amount of premium, you can avail the following benefits-
- No-Claim-Bonus Protector- If you don’t want to retain your No-claim-bonus to get nullified then you can buy this additional benefit. Your NCB will retain even if you file 2 claims during your policy period.
- Roadside Assistance- In case your car breaks down while driving on the road, then you that you can avail roadside assistance services. There is no need to find a garage or a mechanic in an unknown place. You can avail assistance for repairing a flat tire, towing your car to a service station, engine jump-start, emergency fuel assistance and the likewise
- Hydrostatic Lock Cover - Heavy rains and floods can damage your car’s engine. Compensation is provided for repair and replacement expenses of the parts of the engine. It is only applicable to cars that are lesser than five years old.
- Gearbox & Engine Protection Cover - If the internal parts of the engine and gearbox are damaged and the car breaks down, then the insurer will provide you compensation for the same.
- Zero Depreciation Cover- The compensation amount doesn’t get reduced due to the depreciation value of replaced/repaired parts of the car like rubber, fiber, glass, and plastic
- Key Replacement Cover - With this benefit, you get compensation for the expenses incurred while replacing the lost car keys and lock. You can file a maximum of 2 claims.
- Invoice Cover- Claim is usually sanctioned on the vehicle’s depreciated value. But with this benefit, you can get the claim on the vehicle’s invoice value. And it covers the registration fees, road tax, and car insurance.
- Medical Expenses- Add-on sum for treatment of the person succumbing (you and the passengers) to accidental injuries and the limit is up to 10,000 rupees.
- Hospital Cash Benefit- It includes a lump sum benefit of Rs. 1000 on daily basis (for a maximum of 30 days of hospitalization)
- Ambulance Expenses - The coverage limit for ambulance charges is500 and Rs. 1000.
- Consumables Cover- You can also get compensation for consumable repair expenses incurred on engine oil, bolts, nuts, etc. once they cannot be used further.
The Insured Declared Value or the IDV of the car is fixed by Bharti AXA as follows:
- Up to 6 months - 5%
- 6 months to 1 year - 15%
- 1 to 2 years - 20%
- 2 to 3 years - 30%
- 3 to 4 years - 40%
- 4 to 5 years - 50%
Exclusions of Bharti AXA Car Insurance Policy
- Deliberate accidental attempts are not covered
- Drinking and driving cases after the overdose of alcohol and drugs is also not covered
- Expired policy, consequential damages, an electrical or mechanical breakdown, as well as routine wear and tear, are not included.
- Absence of a driving license while driving is an offense and this would involve serious repercussions.
- If you are found to be driving on the wrong side of the road then also your claim will be rejected
- If a private vehicle was found to be used for commercial activities then also your claim will be rejected
- Damages beyond the scope of coverage or outside the geographical limits
Bharti AXA Car Insurance Premium Calculator
By using online insurance premium calculator, you compare different features and opt for a personalized plan. You can also compare the insurance premium by switching the benefits.
You can calculate the premium on the basis of the coverage benefits that you want to buy. You can find the most affordable options.
Car Insurance Claim Procedure
Bharti AXA follows a seamless claim process. It is quite convenient to avail cashless repair service at their registered workshops. You can also opt for reimbursement of the expenses incurred. The process is listed below:
Send the damaged car to the nearest workshop. Submit all the necessary documents.
- A survey will be conducted to assess the damage
- You need to fill and sign the claim form.
- Furnish all the necessary documents such as your Driving license, copy of pan card, and RC
- The surveyor will verify all the documents with the original ones
- To register a 3rd party claim, or own damage, claim for theft or an accident, you also need to submit a police FIR copy
- Once you submit the claim documents, they will pass them to the network garage
- Once the repair work is completed, the car will be re-surveyed
- The insurer will issue a delivery order on receiving the vehicle repair bills
- You can take the car once you handover the duly signed satisfaction voucher
Bharti AXA Car Insurance - FAQs
Q1. Can I get a discount with Bharti AXA car insurance plans?
Bharti AXA car insurance plans come with two discounts i.e. No Claim Bonus and Voluntary Deductible. Moreover, you can avail the discount for installing an anti-theft device in your car.
Q2. Is a cashless facility available with Bharti AXA car insurance plans?
Bharti AXA offers a direct settlement of their car insurance claims. The insurer has a tie-up with the best motor garages. You can get the direct settlement of your claims at any of the network workshops across India.
Q3. Does claim procedure for add-on benefits differ with the basic claim settlement procedure?
The claim process for additional benefits is similar to the standard claim settlement process, be it for reimbursement or cashless claims.
Q4. How is car insurance premium calculated for Bharti AXA car insurance plans?
Bharti AXA car insurance premium is derived on the basis of the car’s IDV, claim history, model, the city of registration, etc. You can check with the insurance company to know the exact break-up of the insurance premium.
Q5. When can I renew my car insurance policy?
For Bharti AXA car insurance renewal, the request needs to be placed before the due date. The timely renewal of your policy will help you retain your No Claim Bonus (NCB) for all the years that you have not filed a claim. Also, it is required to have an adequate car insurance policy to be able to drive it on the city roads.
Q6. What is an endorsement in Bharti AXA car insurance policy?
For all the agreed changes in your current policy, the insurer sends written evidence in the form of an endorsement. It is a document that contains all the changes that were incorporated in the car insurance policy terms and conditions.
Q7. If I lose my original Bharti AXA car insurance documents, can I issue a duplicate policy?
You can send a written request to the insurer. You will need to pay a nominal fee to issue a duplicate car insurance policy till you get the original one.
Q8. What are the benefits of opting for zero depreciation cover?
Zero depreciation is useful in the following manner:
- It compensates for the repair cost of durable parts like airbags, batteries, tires, nylon,
- Recommended for the cars less than 5 years old
- 100% claim settlement irrespective of the depreciation value of the parts
- 2 claims are allowed during a policy term
You might be interested following insurance plans provided by Bharti Axa:
Written By: PolicyBazaar - Updated: 31 December 2019