Toyota Car Insurance
Toyota Motor Corporation is one of the world’s largest vehicle manufacturer. This Japanese Company operates in India as Toyota Kirloskar Motor Private Limited. Toyota cars are popularly known for their strong build, durability and luxurious features. Nonetheless, it is intelligent to buy additional protection for your Toyota car in the form of Toyota insurance policy to evade any chances of suffering a loss due to an unforeseen mishap.
For the unversed, A car insurance is a vehicle insurance policy that vows to protect your Toyota car from any unforeseen loss or damages arising out of third party liabilities, natural calamities, fire, manmade disasters, accidents or theft. It also provides the car’s owner-driver with personal accident cover.
Best Toyota Car Models (With Car Insurance Price)
Take a look at the various Toyota car models along with their insurance premium below:
|Toyota Car Models(2019 Registration)||Toyota Model Variant||Insured Declared Value (IDV)||Zero Depreciation Cover||Toyota Insurance Rates(1-year Comprehensive Car Insurance)|
|Toyota Glanza||G MT||Rs 5,24,952||Rs 2,625||Rs 5,979 onwards|
|Toyota Urban Cruiser*||MID MT||Rs 6,39,160||Rs 2,098||Rs 16,878 onwards|
|Toyota Yaris||J MT Optional||Rs 5,60,640||Rs 3,084||Rs 7,638 onwards|
|Toyota Innova Touring Sport*||2.7 VX MT||Rs 11,29,855||Rs 6,214||Rs 34,022 onwards|
|Toyota Innova Crysta*||2.7 GX MT 7 Seater||Rs 8,75,977||Rs 5,256||Rs 31,838 onwards|
|Toyota Fortuner||MT||Rs 19,01,520||Rs 11,447||Rs 24,243 onwards|
Disclaimer: The Toyota insurance rates for various car models may differ based on registration city, model variant, claim history, coverage, etc.
*The car insurance price for Toyota Urban Cruiser, Toyota Innova Touring Sport and Toyota Innova Crysta has been estimated for brand new cars as the car/ latest model was launched in 2020.
Types of Toyota Car Insurance
A Toyota car owner can choose to buy one of the following car insurance plans for his four wheeler:
- Third Party Car Insurance – It is a type Toyota insurance policy in which only third party liabilities of the car owner is covered by the motor insurance provider. These liabilities arise due to causing accidental disability, death, bodily injuries or property damages to third parties by the Toyota car.
- Comprehensive Car Insurance – It is a type of Toyota insurance policy in which the motor insurance company provides coverage for third party liabilities as well as for damages sustained by the Toyota car during an accident, manmade calamities, natural disasters, theft and fire. The insurer provides personal accident cover for the owner-driver of the Toyota car.
Reasons to Buy Toyota Car Insurance Policy
When you buy a Toyota car, you end up spending a lot of your hard-earned money. The last thing you would want is to see your car getting damaged and not getting your money’s worth. Hence, keeping your car safe under Toyota vehicle insurance is the best deal. Besides, a Toyota insurance policy is also beneficial in the following ways:
- It allows you to fulfil the mandatory requirement of owning at least a third party insurance cover for your car as per India’s motor laws.
- It protects you against any third party accidental liabilities that may threaten to exhaust your savings.
- It covers the cost of repairing or replacing your Toyota car in case of a partial or total loss.
- It compensates the car’s owner-driver in case of accidental death or disability.
- It allows you to avail cashless car repair facility at any of the approved garages of your motor insurance company.
- It enables you to amplify the safety of your Toyota car by purchasing add-on covers, such as engine & gearbox protector, emergency assistance cover, consumables cover, etc.
- It can be purchased and renewed online without any hassles.
- It comes with dedicated customer support that allows you to raise a query or an insurance claim immediately.
Toyota Car Insurance Policy Inclusions
A Toyota insurance policy provides coverage against the following risks:
Third Party Liabilities:
It covers you against any legal liabilities in case your Toyota car accidentally causes:
- Bodily injuries to third parties
- Death or disability to third parties
- Third party property damages
Own Damage Cover:
It covers the cost of repairing or replacing your Toyota car in case it gets damaged, lost or destroyed due to:
- Fire and explosion
- Natural disasters, including landslides, floods, storm, etc,
- Manmade disasters, including vandalism, strikes, riots, etc.
- Burglary or theft
Personal Accident Cover:
It provides compensation to the Toyota car’s owner-driver in case he/ she ends up getting disabled in an accident. It also provides compensation to the owner-driver’s family in case of his/ her untimely death due to an accident of the Toyota car.
Optional Covers Under Toyota Car Insurance:
Some motor insurance companies offer the following optional covers under Toyota vehicle insurance policy:
- Electrical or non-electrical accessories cover
- Bi-fuel system cover for LPG/ CNG kit
Add-On Covers Under Toyota Car Insurance Policy
Toyota vehicle insurance plans also offer add-on covers that can be purchased to get additional coverage for your car. Take a look at some of the commonly available add-on covers under Toyota insurance policy:
- Zero Depreciation Cover
- Passenger Cover
- No Claim Bonus Protection
- Alternative Vehicle Cover
- Emergency Assistance Cover
- Key Replacement Cover
- Return to Invoice Cover
- Consumable Cover
- Engine & Gearbox Protector
Toyota Car Insurance Policy Exclusions
Any risks or expenses arising out of the following situations are excluded under a Toyota insurance policy:
- Depreciation on the parts of the Toyota car
- Damages due to contributory negligence of the driver
- Driving the Toyota car outside India
- Electrical or mechanical breakdown of the car
- Driving the Toyota car under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Normal wear and tear of the car
- Driving the Toyota car without a valid driving license
- Non-accidental damages of the car’s tyres
- Consequential loss of the Toyota car
- Illegal usage of the car
- Commercial usage of private-use Toyota cars
How to Buy Toyota Insurance Online?
Buying Toyota insurance online is very easy and convenient. Following are the steps to purchase Toyota insurance online without stepping out of your homes:
- Visit the website that offers Toyota insurance online, such as policybazaar.com
- Click on the icon ‘Car Insurance’
- Enter your Toyota car registration number or click on other available options
- Provide details of your Toyota car, such as RTO, registration year, car model, fuel type, etc.
- Fill in your contact details in the requested space
- Select your type of coverage you want for your car
- Toyota insurance rates from various insurers will appear
- Choose the policy of your choice and pay the premium online
- Your Toyota insurance policy will be issued
How to Renew Toyota Insurance Online?
All Toyota insurance policy comes with an expiry date. Your Toyota policy renewal must be done before expiry to ensure the protection of your car. Take a look at the steps for Toyota insurance renewal online:
- Visit a website offering Toyota car insurance renewal online, such as policybazaar.com
- Go to the menu bar and click on the ‘Renewal’ tab
- Select the option of ‘Motor Renewal’ from the drop-down menu
- Enter your Toyota car registration number or go ahead with other available options
- You may be requested to provide details of your Toyota car, such as registration year, engine CC, etc.
- Enter your contact details, such as name, email id, etc.
- Provide your previous policy details, including policy expiry, coverage type, claim history, etc.
- Toyota insurance rates from various motor insurers will be shown
- Select a policy for renewal and pay the premium online
- Your Toyota insurance renewal will be done
Toyota Car Insurance Claim Procedure
If you have a Toyota insurance policy, you need to raise a claim in order to get financial aid from your motor insurance company. If you get your car repaired at an approved garage of your insurer, you will be eligible to file a cashless claim with your insurer. If your car is being repaired at a non-approved garage, you will have to file a reimbursement claim. Following is the procedure to file a car insurance claim for your Toyota car:
- Contact your motor insurer as soon as a mishap involving your Toyota car occurs
- File a police FIR if your car has been stolen or damaged due to a third party
- Cooperate with the surveyor sent by your insurer to assess the damages to your car
- Send your Toyota car to an approved/ non-approved garage after the survey has been done
- Submit all the requested documents to your insurance company
- Collect your car from the approved garage once it has been repaired
- In case of a non-approved garage, pay the repair bill and then collect your car
- Submit the car repair bill and payment receipts to your insurer
- Your motor insurer will verify your claim and pay the claim amount
Documents Required by Toyota Car Insurance Claims
The following documents need to be submitted while raising a Toyota car insurance claim:
- Toyota insurance policy document
- Car insurance claim form
- Toyota car registration certificate
- Police FIR copy (for third party and theft claims)
- Driving license of the car’s owner-driver
- Repair bill of the car
- Bill payment receipts
Toyota Car Insurance FAQs
Ans: Yes. If your previous Toyota car insurance policy has expired, your insurer will inspect your car before renewing your policy.
Ans: Yes. All Toyota insurance policies purchased online from IRDAI registered insurance companies and broker websites are legally valid.
Ans: No. All motor insurance companies offer cashless repair facility free of cost at its approved garages. All you need is your Toyota car insurance policy to avail the facility.
Ans: The Toyota insurance rates for a car are estimated based on the following factors:
- Age of the Toyota car
- Type of policy coverage chosen
- Toyota car model and its variant
- IDV of the car
- RTO of the Toyota car
- Price of selected add-on covers
- Claim history, etc.
Ans: You can reduce your Toyota car insurance rates by one of the following ways:
- Build Your No Claim Bonus (NCB) - The NCB can help to reduce your car insurance premium by up to 50% but it can be earned only if you don’t raise a claim in your policy year.
- Opting for a Higher Voluntary Deductible - If you opt for a higher voluntary deductible, you have to pay a portion of the claim amount during claim settlement. If you opt for a higher deductible, your insurer will grant you a discount on your premium.
- Availing other discounts - Besides, insurers also provide discounts if you are a member of the Automobile Association or you have an anti-theft device installed.
Find similar car insurance quotes by body type
Note: This is your car’s recommended IDV as per IRDAI’s depreciation guidelines.asdfsad However, insurance companies allow you to modify this IDV within a certain range (this range varies from insurer to insurer). Higher the IDV, higher the premium you pay.
Car insurance articles
21 Sep 2022Are you also worried about high motor insurance premium rates?...
12 Sep 2022As per the Motor Vehicle Act, 1988, every car owner must possess...
24 Aug 2022Buying a car insurance policy is one of the best ways to protect...
23 Aug 2022Electric cars are known as the future of the automotive industry....
05 Aug 2022In India, car enthusiasts love to modify their cars with...