Tata Car Insurance
Tata Motors’ cars are one of most selling cars in India. But it does not end at buying the car, you need to buy a car insurance policy to ensure damage cover and repair of your Tata car in event of an accident. The cost of car repairing and replacing its damaged parts after an accident or collision can mess up your entire savings. If you love your car and do not want to feel financially drained in case of an accidental collision or damage, you must buy an adequate car insurance plan for your Tata Car.
5 Best Tata Car Models with Car Insurance Price
Currently, Tata Motors is offering only five car models in India. Take a look at the Tata car insurance price for various models in the following table:
|Tata Car Models(2019 Registration)||Tata Car Model Variant||Insured Declared Value (IDV)||Zero Depreciation Cover||Tata Car Insurance Premium(1-year Comprehensive Car Insurance)|
|Tata Altroz||XE||Rs 3,80,880||Rs 1,904||Rs 5,722 onwards|
|Tata Tiago||XT||Rs 3,08,448||Rs 1,542||Rs 4,842 onwards|
|Tata Harrier||XE||Rs 9,14,393||Rs 5,029||Rs 12,923 onwards|
|Tata Tigor||XM||Rs 4,26,960||Rs 2,135||Rs 5,464 onwards|
|Tata Nexon||XZ+||Rs 5,70,000||Rs 2,480||Rs 6,964 onwards|
Disclaimer: The Tata car insurance price for various car models may differ as per the Tata car model variant, fuel type, year of registration, insurance cover, etc.
Car Insurance for Popular Brands in India
Reasons to Buy TATA Car Insurance
Tata vehicle Insurance will reimburse loss or damage expenses and provide the required financial assistance in case the damage is caused to your own vehicle or to a third-person, third-party property or vehicle. For more benefits, you can opt for add-on covers like personal accident cover, roadside assistance, repairing assistance at the registered workshops, conveyance benefits, key replacement cover etc.
Benefits and Features of TATA Car Insurance Policy
- 24*7 customer support
- Quick and transparent claim settlement process
- Cashless claim service in network workshops PAN India
- Estimated approval within 24 hours, of vehicle reaching garage
- No Claim Bonus benefit
- Easy to renew and buy car insurance online
The above benefits may vary on the insurance company from where you are buying insurance for your TATA Cars.
Inclusions of TATA Car Insurance
Comprehensive Car Insurance for Tata Cars
It covers damage caused to the vehicle due to natural & man-made calamities such as:
- Theft, Burglary or Housebreaking
- Accidental damage (external)
- Self-Ignition, Fire, and Explosion
- Any Malicious Act, Riots, Terrorism
- Flood, Earthquake, Landslide, Storm
- Transit by Rail, Road, Lift, Inland Waterways
Third-Party Legal Liability Insurance for Tata Cars
Theinsurer helps in case there is -
- Any damage caused to the property of a third person
- An accidental death or bodily injury caused to a third party
Coverage for Personal Accident
In case of any accidental injuries, the cost incurred on driver’s treatment will be reimbursed. INR 1 lakh is the limit for personal accident compensation in the event of total disabilities or accidental death of the owner/driver of the insured vehicle.
The passengers can also be covered by paying an additional amount of premium.
Exclusions of TATA Car Insurance
Tata car insurance claim will be denied if it arises out of the following circumstances-
- Vehicle Depreciation
- Electrical or Mechanical breakdown (unless accidental collision)
- If the driver is found to be driving after consuming liquor or drugs
- Any type of consequential loss
- Loss/Damage attributable to War /Mutiny/Nuclear risks
- Damage to tyre and tubes
- Loss/Damage that has occurred outside India
- Any mishap resulting due to overloading the Insured Vehicle
TATA Car Insurance Add-on Covers
To enjoy full protection on your TATA insurance policy, it is always better to upgrade your comprehensive car insurance with these additional benefits-
Zero Depreciation or Zero Dep. Cover
By opting for zero depreciation cover, the policyholder can enjoy complete coverage without deduction of the depreciation value. The insured gets the entire sum assured irrespective of the car depreciation value, if only it is an accidental claim.
No-claim bonus is the discount earned for every claim-free year. At the time of policy renewal or accidental claims, the No Claim bonus discount is carried forward.
It is only applicable in the following cases – If there is damage to the windshield by an external object or an accidental damage to a parked vehicle (external damage only). It also covers damage resulting due to floods, earthquake, etc. while the vehicle is parked.
Down Time Protection
If the car has been sent for repair after an accident or it needs to be replaced, and there are no alternative means of transport available; then the conveyance cost will be reimbursed as per the policy.
Engine and Gear Box Protection Cover
It acts as a savior in case of any loss or damage caused to your car from flood conditions; heavy rains - leading to hydrostatic lock. Dealing with such unpredictable losses can be an expensive affair. To save yourself from a financial shock, opt for this add-on cover and feel secured.
It includes – Labor charges, replacement or repairing cost of internal parts, compression tests and other charges as mentioned in the policy wordings.
Key Replacement cover
Imagine a situation where you have lost or misplaced your car keys and are stuck on the road. What will you do? Anyone can get panic in such a situation. The only way to feel secure is by having key replacement cover in your TATA vehicle insurance plan.
Cost of Consumable Items
Those who opt for this cover can save a lot of money that is spent on replacement and purchase of consumable items, once they are rendered unfit for further usage. Tata car insurance will recover the cost. It includes the following consumable items- Engine oil, lubricants, coolants, nut, bolt, battery water, gaskets, washers, clips, bearings, and ac gas filters.
Emergency Assistance Service Program
If you opt for this add-on benefit, the insurer will provide 24*7 roadside assistance if there is an accident or any mechanical or technical breakdown to ensure a pleasurable drive. However, the emergency assistance is subjected to your geographical location. It includes -
- Battery Jump Start
- Fuel delivery
- Tyre change
- Duplicate Keys
- On-site repair assistance
- Lost Keys and lock recovering assistance
- Towing and Removal Assistance
Return to Invoice
In case the car is damaged or stolen, usually, the insurer pays the IDV of the vehicle. Opt for this benefit, if you want to recover the amount of difference between the Insured Declared Value and ex-showroom value. It is not applicable in the absence of a police FIR report and if a stolen car is recovered within 90 days.
Optional Covers in TATA Car Insurance
On payment of additional premium, you can buy a number of optional covers -
- Insurance for electrical /non-electrical items
- The owner/driver can avail Personal Accident or PA Cover
- PA cover for named/unnamed passengers
- PA cover for a paid driver/employee
- Legal liability to non-fare paying passengers and a paid driver
- Cover for vehicle tyres, bumpers, headlights etc.
- Use of commercial type vehicles for both commercial and private purposes
How to Compare and buy Tata Car Insurance Online?
The right way to select the best car insurance policy for your TATA car is by comparing different car insurance plans. Broadly, car insurance policies are divided into two categories – One is third-party liability insurance, and the second is comprehensive car insurance. It is applicable for both private and commercial vehicles.
And it will take just a few minutes of your time to compare and buy TATA vehicle insurance online. Let’s see how -
To compare TATA car insurance quotes, you can visit policy bazaar’ site and submit your car details, then calculate car insurance premium. Once all the info is provided, make the payment online and instantly download a copy of your motor insurance policy.
TATA Motors Insurance Renewal
Often, most of us fail to renew our car insurance on time. For this reason, online car insurance renewal is the best option. It saves both our time and effort. It offers the convenience of comparing different benefits while renewing the TATA car insurance policy.
Furthermore, you can renew your expired TATA vehicle insurance policy with the ease of virtual inspection. The self-vehicle inspection allows you to share videos and images of your vehicle for inspection. Based on them your tata car insurance renewal will be done without wasting much of your time.
How to Renew TATA Car Insurance Online?
- Visit the insurer’s site and go to the Instant Renewal option
- Submit the required Tata car policy details
- Choose the additional benefits for enhanced protection
- Once the details are provided, you will receive the Tata car insurance renewal quote
For tata motors insurance renewal, you can visit policy bazaar’s site and follow the below steps:
Claim Procedure for TATA Car Insurance
The company follows a speedy and transparent claim settlement process as elucidated below-
Claim Reimbursement Process-
- You can file a claim request on their mobile application or call them at their toll-free helpline number
- Post your request, the damage will be assessed by an examiner
- Then, you need to provide the duly signed and filled claim form
- You also need to provide all the necessary documents to process the claim
- After this, claim updates will be sent on your email-id or mobile number
- You can then choose to pay online or through cheque
- Once the process is completed the insurer will give you the claim computation sheet for your records.
Cashless Claim Procedure-
- A list of network garages is provided on the insurer’s site. You can check them online or call them at their helpline number for assistance.
- Firstly, drive your damaged car to the nearest workshop for repair. You can also get your vehicle towed.
- After that, the car will be surveyed by an assessor
- Submit the documents along with the claim form
- Updates will be sent to you on your mobile number and email id
- Once the repair work is completed; you can pay-off the deductibles and depreciation value to the workshop and take it back home. The insurer will settle the balance as per the sum insured.
- Furthermore, you will get the car insurance claim computation sheet for your records.
FAQs for TATA Motor Insurance
Ans: Here are the factors that affect the insurance premium of a car –
- Age of the car
- City of registration
- Type of the car
- Sum Insured or IDV
- Fuel Type
Ans: You earn No-claim-bonus for using the vehicle prudently. If you do not make any claim during the policy years, you are awarded a No-claim-discount on the motor insurance premium. NCB is accrued to your account while renewing the policy.
Ans: You can avail the following add-on benefits by paying an additional premium-
- Zero Depreciation Benefit (excluding battery and tyres)
- Protection cover for Gearbox and Engine
- NCB Protection
- Emergency Roadside Assistance
- Coverage for Consumable Items
- Replacement of Car Keys
- Return to Invoice
Ans: Car insurance premium is the amount that you pay every for the benefits that you get with the policy. However, these are the factors that are taken into consideration to calculate the amount of premium that you pay to the insurer-
- City of car registration
- IDV of your car
- Car type
- Car’s age &
- Fuel type
Ans: Yes, it is possible to get the policy online and the process is described below-
- Fill the form to get an estimate of your car insurance premium as per your car make, type, and model
- Fill your personal details like your name, email, and address.
- Now pay the premium online and get instant confirmation of your car insurance
Find similar car insurance quotes by body type
Note: This is your car’s recommended IDV as per IRDAI’s depreciation guidelines.asdfsad However, insurance companies allow you to modify this IDV within a certain range (this range varies from insurer to insurer). Higher the IDV, higher the premium you pay.
Car insurance articles
21 Sep 2022Are you also worried about high motor insurance premium rates?...
12 Sep 2022As per the Motor Vehicle Act, 1988, every car owner must possess...
24 Aug 2022Buying a car insurance policy is one of the best ways to protect...
23 Aug 2022Electric cars are known as the future of the automotive industry....
05 Aug 2022In India, car enthusiasts love to modify their cars with...