Maruti Suzuki Car Insurance
Car insurance, also known as motor insurance, auto insurance, or vehicle insurance, is the contract between an insurer and an insurance buyer. The insurance company agrees to pay the insured for the losses specified in the policy document, on payment of an annual premium.
Car insurance is one of the best ways to safeguard your Maruti car and yourself from financial contingencies such as traffic collision, any legal liabilities (arising from physical damage, property damage, injury or death of a third party), damage caused to the insured car, bodily injury caused to a pillion or driver, and third-party damage.
Maruti car insurance would also cover the loss or damage caused due to natural calamities. The car insurance’s premium amount is decided based on the Insured Declared Value (IDV) of the car. Higher the IDV, the higher will be the premium and vice versa.
5 Most Popular Maruti Car Models with Insurance Price
Here are some of the most popular Maruti car models with their motor insurance prices:
|Maruti Car Models||Range of Car Insurance Premium (Rs.)|
|Swift Dzire||Rs. 9,600- 12,678|
|Ciaz||Rs. 14,099- 18,751|
|Baleno Hatchback||Rs. 7,890 - 15,290|
|Celerio||Rs. 7,916 - 11,927|
|Alto 800||Rs. 6,516- 10,774|
Reasons to buy Maruti Suzuki Car Insurance
Car insurance helps to offset the damage or loss caused to the insured car. The insured does not need to run from pillar to post when an emergency strike. It offers legal, financial and emotional support to the insured.
Moreover, uncertainties can come without a prior notice. Placing god’s idol or other superstitious belief may prevent uncertainties sometimes but a car insurance policy for Maruti Car will help you out of any such unfortunate event on the roads.
Moreover, The Motor Vehicles Act, 1998 makes it mandatory for every car owner to have car insurance in India. Any vehicle plying on the Indian roads must have a valid car insurance policy, with at least third-party liability cover.
Third party car insurance covers the damage caused to a third person, property or car. Whereas, a comprehensive car insurance covers the own damages caused to your insured Maruti Car.
Inclusions of Maruti Suzuki Car Insurance
There are different car insurance companies in India, and the coverage and car insurance prices for different Maruti Suzuki car models may differ from one insurer to another. Car insurance offers coverages against the risks as mentioned below-
- Bodily injury arising due to an accident while driving
- Any loss or damage caused to any third party or property by the insured car
- If there is any need for an emergency medical help in the middle of the road
- In case the car breaks down in the middle of the road
- Physical damage caused to the insured car due to a collision on the road
- Roadside assistance to help you out of an emergency
Exclusions of Maruti Suzuki Car Insurance
The insurer will not bear the cost of the following -
- Any depreciation of the insured Maruti car
- Normal wear and tear of the Maruti car
- Any kind of mechanical as well as electrical failure
- Damage to tyres (if not accidental)
- Damages or accident taking place due to intoxication of drugs or alcohol
Maruti Suzuki Car Insurance Add-on Covers
Following services are provided to the insured person and vehicle on payment of an additional premium-
- Repairing Assistance - In case your Maruti car breaks down in the middle of the road, the insurer will provide immediate on-site repair support. Any vehicle breaking down on city roads or streets shall be given assistance, in case it is immovable and cannot be dragged to the closest repairing center. The fees charged by the mechanic will be included (cost of the replacement parts will not be covered).
- Vehicle Towing Assistance - In case of an accident, the insured Maruti car is towed to the closest workshop. It will only cover towing expenses; any cost of repair further to this is usually not covered in it. Though, it is subjective to the insurance provider in some cases.
- Removal and Extraction of Vehicle - In case of breakdown of the insured Maruti car, the insurance provider will provide crane assistance for removal and extraction of the vehicle from the area of damage.
- Refilling - If your car runs out of fuel during the journey and there is no petrol pump nearby, and if you have car insurance for your Maruti, you will get fuel assistance from your insurance company. All you need to do is to just pay for the cost of the fuel.
- Dead Battery - Imagine if your Maruti Suzuki car’s battery runs down in the middle of the road and there is no help available to you. This is where car insurance for your Maruti car comes handy. Your insurer will provide help to jump-start the engine. After that, you can easily take your car to the nearest garage and get it repaired.
- Car Unlocking Support - It can ruin a good day for anyone. At this time, when your keys are left inside the car, immediate roadside assistance will be provided to help you unlock the car. It will save a lot of time and will help you to carry on with your journey.
- Agency Repairs - If you have car insurance for you Maruti Car and agency repair is included in your car insurance plan, then you can avail it at the time of emergency (accidental damage while driving on road). Your car will be then repaired at the manufacturer’s authorized workshop. And if an agency repair is not provided, then your car gets repaired at one of the registered workshops of the insurance provider.
- Assistance for Flat Tyres - If the tyres of your car go flat while driving or there is some leakage, then assistance will be provided to remove or replace the tyres (provided the toolkit is available in your car). You will not be charged for any labor charges. Though, it is only applicable when the incidence takes place on road and not at your place of residence or anywhere else.
- Emergency Vehicle Transportation Assistance - Moreover, if the car meets with an accident or breaks down in the middle of the road and it needs to be immobilized or go for repairing work for more than 3 days, then transportation assistance is provided to help you travel back home.
How to Buy Maruti Suzuki Car Insurance Online?
Buying car insurance policy for your Maruti Car online is a simple process as compared to purchasing it offline. Here’s a quick rundown of the online process-
- Submit the insured Maruti cars’ make and model in the online claim form
- Get the car insurance quotes and premium estimate based on the details provided
- Enter personal details like the insured’s name, contact number, geographical location, address etc.
- Make the payment online and car insurance purchase for your Maruti Car is completed
- Policy can be downloaded as well emailed on the registered id
Car Insurance Renewal Process for Maruti Suzuki Cars
Car insurance renewal is a simple and hassle-free process, especially if it is done online. Let’s see how it is done -
- Keep a track of the renewal date - The insurer or the policy aggregator usually sends a reminder over a call or email. It is recommended for the policyholder to keep a record of the same so that the policy is renewed before the due date.
- Enter the required policy details - While renewing car insurance online for your Maruti Car, there is no need of running from pillar to post for any paperwork, cheque submission etc. It can be done by simply logging on to the insurer’s site or the web aggregator’s site by clicking on the policy renewal option. One just needs to choose the existing or new customer option, to begin with, the process.
- Follow the instructions - Submit all the required details, fill the form and click on the payment option
- Make the payment online - Payment to the insurance company can be done online using a debit or credit card
- Renewal - The insurer will send an acknowledgement of the motor insurance renewal on the registered email id and contact number.
Car Insurance Claims Process for Maruti Suzuki
There are two ways to file a vehicle insurance claim for Maruti cars i.e. cashless and reimbursement and the process goes as follows-
Cashless Claim Procedure-
- In case of loss or damage to the insured Maruti Car during an accident or collision, the insurer should be informed at the helpline number
- The insurer will survey the damaged car
- The assessment report will be compiled
- The claim amount will be approved, and the car will be sent to the network garage for claim settlement
Reimbursement Claim Procedure-
- Intimate the car insurance company from where car insurance for Maruti car was purchased at their helpline number
- The car will be surveyed
- An assessment report will be compiled
- Some documents need to be submitted such as Police FIR copy in case of theft, accident and third-party damage. Copy of RC, driving license along with a duly filled claim form
- On approval, the claim amount will be reimbursed
Maruti Suzuki Car Insurance FAQs
Ans: If you want to avail most of the benefits of your car insurance scheme, then it is advisable to buy a comprehensive motor insurance plan. It offers you and your car coverage against any accident, and loss or damage arising due to fire, explosion, natural disasters, and vandalism.
It provides third-party liability cover against any death or injury caused to a third-party by your vehicle. It also covers any loss or damage caused to your own car or property during the accident.
There are various other benefits that you can get with roadside assistance - including towing assistance, agency repair, car refuelling etc.
Ans: Yes, you get NCB as it is earned for not making a claim during the policy period. The discount is applicable on the insurance premium at the time of policy renewal.
Ans: The following documents are required at the time of filing vehicle insurance claim:
- Insurance copy
- Claim form
- Police FIR
- Driving License
- Registration Certificate
- ‘No trace report' in the case of car thefts
Ans: Comprehensive car insurance includes own damage cover. The insurer compensates for the damages that occur to the insured car during an accident.
Ans: In the case of disabilities and death resulting due to an accident, the insurance provider compensates for the financial loss.