Kia Car Insurance
Kia Motors is a popular Korean car manufacturing brand offering SUV cars in India. Kia cars are known for their design and are considered reliable as well as affordable. Kia recently entered the Indian motor market and has already garnered huge popularity for its vehicles. If you own a Kia car or plan to buy one soon, make sure to get it covered under Kia car insurance.
Kia car insurance refers to the insurance policy that provides financial support in case the Kia car suffers damages or losses due to accidents, natural calamities, theft, manmade disasters, fire, etc. It also protects against third party liabilities and provides personal accident cover to the owner-driver of the car.
Best Kia Car Models (with Car Insurance Price)
Currently, Kia Motors only offers two car models in India. However, they plan to launch Kia Sonet car by the end of 2020. Take a look at the Kia insurance rates for the following car models below:
|Kia Car Models||
Estimated Kia Insurance Rates
(1-year Comprehensive Car Insurance)
|Kia Seltos||Rs 10,662 onwards|
|Kia Carnival||Rs 20,250 onwards|
Disclaimer: The above mentioned Kia Seltos insurance price is for 2019 registered model while the Kia Carnival insurance price is for 2020 registered model. The Kia insurance rates for the car models mentioned above may vary depending on model variants, registration city, age of the car, fuel type, claim history, etc.
Types of Kia Car Insurance
Kia cars can be protected under two types of insurance policies:
This type of Kia insurance covers the car against any third party liabilities and any loss or damages sustained due to manmade disasters (riots, strikes, etc), fire, natural disasters (floods, earthquake, etc.), accidents or theft. It also provides the owner-driver of the Kia car with a personal accident cover against death or disability.
This type of Kia insurance provides coverage against third party liabilities only. Such liabilities are covered if the Kia car was responsible for causing property damages, bodily injuries, disability or death of third parties in an accident. Few motor insurers may also offer personal accident cover to the car’s owner-driver under third party insurance.
Car Insurance for Popular Brands in India
Reasons to Buy Kia Car Insurance Policy
A car insurance policy is important to ensure the safety of your Kia car and get financial help in case an unexpected emergency comes knocking and damages the vehicle. To help you understand the importance of car insurance, here are some of the reasons why should you buy Kia insurance:
- It is a mandatory requirement to legally drive your Kia car on Indian roads.
- It provides financial aid in case your Kia car gets stolen or damaged in an accident, fire or during natural & manmade calamities.
- It helps to pay off your third party liabilities for causing accidental third party injuries or property damages.
- It provides compensation in case the car’s owner-driver gets disabled or dies during an accident of his Kia car.
- It enables you to get all-round protection for your Kia car by opting for numerous add-ons, including engine protection cover, roadside assistance, etc. under your comprehensive Kia insurance policy.
- It allows you to get emergency assistance by contacting the customer services of your insurer.
- It comes with a network of approved garages where cashless repairs facility can be availed.
- It settles claim and provides monetary assistance within days of the occurrence of the mishap that damaged your car.
Kia Car Insurance Policy Inclusions
Kia motor insurance covers your car from the following adversities:
- Accidents- It covers any loss or damages caused to your Kia car in an accident or collision.
- Fire - It compensates for any loss or damages caused to the car in a fire.
- Theft - It indemnifies the value of your Kia car if it gets stolen.
- Natural Disasters - It covers any loss or damages caused to your Kia car due to the occurrence of natural calamities, such as floods, cyclones, earthquakes, etc.
- Third Party Losses - It pays for any third party liabilities if your Kia car has caused accidental property damages, death or bodily injuries to third parties.
- Personal Accident Cover - It compensates for accidental disability or death of the owner-driver while driving the Kia car.
Add-On Covers Under Kia Car Insurance Policy
Kia motor insurance offers add-on covers to car owners that help them to enhance the coverage level of their cars in exchange for a higher premium amount. Following are some of the most common add-on covers available under Kia insurance:
- Zero depreciation Cover– It enables you to get the insured declared value (IDV) of your Kia car as the claim amount without considering the depreciation in its value.
- Engine Protection Cover - It covers the cost of repairing or replacing the engine of your Kia car in case it gets damaged or destroyed.
- No Claim Bonus Protection - It protects your No Claim Bonus or NCB percentage despite raising a claim under your Kia insurance policy.
- Return to Invoice Cover - It enables you to receive the invoice value of your Kia car as the IDV instead of the current market value of the car.
- Roadside Assistance - It offers a range of services, such as flat tyre, key replacement, etc. in case your car breaks down while on the road.
- Conveyance Benefit - It provides a daily allowance for everyday travel if your Kia car is under repair at a garage.
Kia Car Insurance Policy Exclusions
A Kia insurance policy does not cover any loss or damages arising out of the following situations:
- Driving your Kia car under the influence of alcohol
- Any consequential damages caused to your car
- Driving your Kia car without a valid driving license
- Damages caused to the car due to your contributory negligence
- Driving your Kia car on a learner’s license without a valid licence holder present in the car
How to Buy Kia Car Insurance Online?
Motor insurance policy for a Kia car can be easily purchased online. Follow the instructions given below to buy a Kia motor insurance policy online:
- Go to the menu bar on the top of the page and select ‘motor insurance’
- Choose the option of ‘car insurance’
- You will find a form requesting your Kia car’s registration number
- Alternatively, you can choose to proceed without providing the registration number and instead provide other details, such as the Kia car model, fuel type, engine capacity, etc.
- Enter your contact details, including your name and email id
- The Kia insurance rates by different motor insurance companies will be displayed
- Choose the most suitable plan and select the add-on covers you want
- Pay the final insurance price online
- Your Kia motor insurance policy will be issued
How to Renew Kia Car Insurance Online?
Similar to buying car insurance online, you can renew your Kia motor insurance policy online. All you need is to follow the Kia insurance renewal procedure given below. Take a look:
- Scroll to the top of the page and click on ‘renewal’ tab on the menu bar.
- Select motor renewal option
- You will be required to enter the registration number of your Kia car
- Once you proceed, you will need to provide your contact details
- Select your previous policy expiry date and provide claim details (if any)
- Kia insurance rates by different insurers will be displayed
- Select the Kia insurance plan you want to buy
- Choose the add-on covers and pay the final premium amount online
- Your insurer will renew your Kia insurance policy
Kia Car Insurance Claim Procedure
A policyholder can file two types of claims under his/ her Kia insurance policy - cashless and reimbursement claims. While cashless claims can be made only if the Kia car is repaired at an approved garage of the insurer, reimbursement claims are possible if the car is being repaired at a non-network garage. Here’s how you can register a claim under your Kia insurance policy:
- Contact your motor insurance provider and inform them about the unfortunate event
- Get your Kia car assessed by the surveyor sent by your insurer
- Once the surveyor sends the assessment report to your insurer, send your car for repair
- Submit the supporting documents required by your insurer
- If the car is being repaired at a network garage, collect the car post repairs. Your insurer will settle the claim with the garage directly
- In case the car was repaired at any other garage, pay the repair bill in full
- Submit the bill payment receipts to the insurer
- The insurer will settle the claim and pay the amount if your claim is accepted
Documents Required by Kia Car Insurance Claims
To successfully make a claim under your Kia insurance policy, you may be required to submit the documents given below:
- Kia car insurance claim form
- Driving license of the car owner
- Kia insurance policy document
- RC or registration certificate of the car
- Copy of Police FIR lodged in case of theft or third party claims
- Kia car repairs bills
- Bill payment receipts
Kia Car Insurance FAQs
Ans: The Kia insurance rates for your car will get affected by the following factors:
- Age of your Kia car
- Location of car registration
- Type of Kia insurance cover
- Price of chosen add-on covers
- The engine capacity of your Kia car
- No Claim Bonus
- Voluntary deductible, if opted
Ans: You can renew your Kia insurance policy online within a few minutes. You just have to provide your car details & your contact details and pay the premium amount online.
Ans: You can buy insurance for your Kia car online as well as online. You can purchase Kia insurance online from the website of the motor insurance company or insurance brokers such as Policybazaar Insurance Brokers Private Limited (formerly known as Policybazaar Insurance Web Aggregator Private Limited).
Ans: The insurance price for a Kia car may differ from one car to another. This is because the Kia insurance rates depend on individual factors, such as the age of the car, model variant, coverage type, etc. You can get an estimate of your Kia insurance premium by using a car insurance calculator available online.
Ans: Yes. You can reduce your Kia insurance cost in the following ways:
- Build your No Claim Bonus by not making any claim
- Compare different Kia insurance plans online before buying any one
- Voluntarily opt for a deductible
Find similar car insurance quotes by body type
Note: This is your car’s recommended IDV as per IRDAI’s depreciation guidelines.asdfsad However, insurance companies allow you to modify this IDV within a certain range (this range varies from insurer to insurer). Higher the IDV, higher the premium you pay.
Car insurance articles
21 Sep 2022Are you also worried about high motor insurance premium rates?...
12 Sep 2022As per the Motor Vehicle Act, 1988, every car owner must possess...
24 Aug 2022Buying a car insurance policy is one of the best ways to protect...
23 Aug 2022Electric cars are known as the future of the automotive industry....
05 Aug 2022In India, car enthusiasts love to modify their cars with...