Honda Car Insurance
A car is one of the most prized possessions of a person’s life. Most of us care for your car just like our own child and use it responsibly to avoid any scratches or dents. But no amount of protection can save your Honda car from damages if unforeseen exigencies, such as natural calamities or accidents, occur. The only way to protect your car from any unpredictable loss or damages is by getting it insured under Honda car insurance.
A Honda car insurance policy is a motor insurance plan that will protect your Honda car from all kinds of mishaps, such as theft, fire, natural disasters, explosions, vandalism, strikes, etc. It also takes care of any third party claims arising out of causing accidental property damages, bodily injuries or death of a third party person. In short, it will ensure the overall safety of your Honda car no matter what the situation.
Best Honda Car Models With Car Insurance Price
The following table shows the best Honda car models along with their insurance prices:
|10,59,Honda Car Models(2019 Registration)||Honda Model Variant||Insured Declared Value (IDV)||Zero Depreciation Cover||Honda Insurance Price(1-year Comprehensive Car Insurance)|
|Honda City - 4th Generation||SV MT||Rs 6,36,480||Rs 3,182||Rs 6,184 onwards||View Plan|
|Honda Amaze||E||Rs 4,29,148||Rs 2,146||Rs 5,466 onwards||View Plan|
|Honda Jazz||V CVT||Rs 5,88,540||Rs 2,648||Rs 5,575 onwards||View Plan|
|Honda Civic||V||Rs 10,59,984||Rs 5,830||Rs 15,183 onwards||View Plan|
|Honda CR-V||2WD||Rs 11,28,800||Rs 5,111||Rs 15,656 onwards||View Plan|
|Honda WR-V*||SV||Rs 7,37,010||Rs 2,151||Rs 17,062||View Plan|
|Honda City - 5th Generation*||V CVT||Rs 6,55,120||Rs 3,046||Rs 20,197 onwards||View Plan|
Disclaimer: The above Honda insurance price will vary as per the coverage, RTO, model variant, year of registration, fuel type, etc.
*The car insurance price for Honda WR-V and Honda City - 5th Generation have been provided for brand new cars as the latest models were launched in 2020.
Reasons to Buy Honda Car Insurance Policy
Here are some of the reasons why you should buy Honda insurance for your car:
- It offers both comprehensive and third party Honda insurance plans
- Its own damage cover protects your Honda car against any loss or damages caused due to fire, natural disasters, explosion, accidents, etc.
- You can buy personal accident cover for the owner-driver for up to Rs 15 lakh
- It comes with a wide network of garages where you can get your Honda car repaired on the cashless mode
- You can earn savings on your Honda insurance price, such as security device savings, automobile association membership savings, etc.
- If you buy Honda insurance policy for your car online, it will be issued instantly
- You can easily renewal your Honda insurance policy online
- It rewards No Claim Bonus (NCB) if you don’t make any claim in the previous policy year
- It comes with a variety of add-on covers, such as nil depreciation cover, engine & gearbox protection, NCB protection, return to invoice cover, etc.
- It provides claim assistance services to the policyholders in times of distress
Types of Honda Car Insurance
There are two types of car insurance plans offered by Honda motor insurance:
Comprehensive Honda Car Insurance
This type of Honda insurance provides coverage for both third party liabilities as well as any damage to your Honda car due to natural calamities, fire, accidents, manmade disasters, etc. It also provides personal accident cover to the owner-driver of the car for up to Rs 15 lakh.
Third Party Honda Car Insurance
This type of Honda insurance protects you from any third party accidental claims arising out of causing bodily injuries, death or property damage to a third party with your Honda car. In India, it is mandatory for all car owners to have at least third party car insurance under the law.
Honda Car Insurance Policy Inclusions
A Honda insurance policy comes with the following coverages:
- Any own damages caused to your Honda car due to -
- Accidents and external damage
- Fire, explosion and self-ignition
- Natural calamities, including cyclones, floods, earthquakes, etc.
- Malicious acts
- Manmade disasters, including acts of terrorism, strike, vandalism, etc.
- In-transit on land, water, rail or road
- Third party property damages or bodily injuries caused by your Honda car
- Personal accident cover for the owner-driver of the Honda car for up to Rs 15 lakh
- It also provides additional covers, such as –
- Legal liability to paid driver and employees
- Personal accident cover for passengers
- CNG/ LPG fuel kit
- Electrical and non-electrical accessories fitted in your Honda car
Add-Ons Covers Under Honda Car Insurance Policy
Add-on covers refer to the additional coverage available under Honda car insurance that can only be availed by paying a higher premium amount. Here is a list of some of the add-on covers offered under the Honda insurance policy:
- Zero Depreciation Cover – The depreciating value of your Honda car is not considered while estimating the Insured Declared Value (IDV) under your Honda insurance policy.
- Engine & Gearbox Protector – Any loss or damages suffered by the gearbox or engine of your Honda car will be covered.
- NCB Protection – Your No Claim Bonus percentage remains undisrupted irrespective of whether you raise a claim in the previous policy term.
- Key Replacement Cover – The replacement key of your Honda car is arranged in case you lose your original keys.
- Emergency Assistance Cover – A range of roadside assistance services, such as towing assistance, tyre change, fuel assistance, etc, is arranged in case you get stuck in the middle of the road.
- Cost of Consumable Items – The cost of consumable items, such as nuts, lubricants, washers, etc is covered under the Honda car insurance policy.
- Return to Invoice – Instead of the market value of the car, an Insured Declared Value or IDV equivalent to the invoice value of your Honda car will be paid during claim settlement.
- Downtime Protection Cover – A conveyance allowance is paid for daily commute as long as your Honda car is getting repaired at a garage.
Honda Car Insurance Policy Exclusions
Take a look at the adversities that are not covered under Honda car insurance:
- Any loss suffered by your Honda car due to depreciation will not be covered.
- Any loss or damages suffered by your Honda car due to driving it under the influence of drugs or alcohol is excluded.
- The cost of repairing the electrical and mechanical breakdown of your Honda car will be not paid by the insurance company.
- If you are found driving your Honda car without a valid license, then your insurer will not come to your rescue.
- Any loss or damage sustained by your Honda car due to normal wear and tear is excluded.
- Any destruction or loss caused to your Honda vehicle due to war, nuclear perils or related operations will not be covered.
- Any intentional destruction of your Honda car will not be paid for.
- Any loss or damage caused due to your Honda private car while using it for commercial purposes is excluded.
Honda Car Insurance Premium Calculator
Honda Car Insurance Premium Calculator is basically an online tool that helps you to compute the estimated amount of premiums that you would have to pay in order to insure your Honda car. The results of this calculator are based on the information that you put into the required fields of this calculator. Therefore, in order to obtain reliable results, it is essential t ensure that all the information you enter is accurate. Given below is a list of details that you would need to provide in order to use the Car Insurance Premium Calculator:
- Your Name
- Your Phone Number
- Your E-mail Address
- Model of your Honda Car
- Variant of the car (Petrol, Diesel, or CNG)
- Cubic Capacity of the Car’s Engine
- Registration Place of the Car
- Registration Year of the Car
- Information of the Previous Insurer (if any)
How to Buy Honda Car Insurance Online?
The easiest way to buy insurance for your Honda car is online. Anyone can buy Honda insurance online for their car without moving from their chair. Moreover, you can compare car insurance by different insurers online. Just follow the steps given below and protect your car from all adversities by buying Honda car insurance online:
- Go to the Car Insurance page under Motor Insurance tab
- Select the option of buying car insurance online
- Enter the required information about your Honda car, including the make and model of the car, registration year, RTO details, fuel variant, type of insurance coverage, etc.
- Enter your contact details comprising of name, phone number and email id
- Honda car insurance price offered by the various motor insurer will be displayed
- Choose the plan you want to buy
- Pay the premium amount online
- The car insurance policy for your Honda car will be issued
How to Renew Honda Car Insurance Online?
The process of renewing your Honda car insurance online is very simple. You just need to follow the step-by-step procedure for Honda car insurance renewal online. Take a look at steps involved in Honda car insurance renewal online:
- Go to the car insurance renewal page on the website
- Fill up the renewal form by entering the details of your previous Honda car insurance policy, such as policy number, contact number, expiry date, etc.
- Select the car insurance plan to renew or confirm the same plan
- Verify the policy details and premium amount
- Pay the Honda car insurance renewal premium online
- Your car insurance policy will be renewed
Honda Car Insurance Claim Procedure
Under Honda car insurance, both cashless and reimbursement claims can be made. Cashless claims can only be made if you get your Honda car repaired at a network garage. If your car is repaired at a non-network garage, you will be able to file a reimbursement claim only. To make a Honda car insurance claim, follow the stepwise procedure below:
- Inform the insurance provider about the mishap with your Honda car
- The company will send a surveyor to evaluate the damages on the car
- Send your vehicle to the nearest network garage or non-network garage as per your convenience
- Fill the Honda car insurance claim form and send it with all the other required documents to the insurance company
- Collect your Honda car from the garage post repair
- The insurance company will pay the repair bill amount to the network garage directly
- In case of reimbursement claims, you need to pay the repair bill at the non-network garage and then send the bill payment receipts along with other documents to the insurance company
- Your insurer will evaluate your claim and pay the claim amount to you
Documents Required by Honda Car Insurance Claims
While making a reimbursement claim under Honda motor insurance, you will be required to submit the following documents:
- Honda car insurance claim form
- Honda insurance policy document
- Registration Certificate or RC of your Honda car
- Copy of your DL or driving license
- FIR copy (for theft and third party claims)
- Car repair bills
- Bill payment receipts
Honda Car Insurance FAQs
Ans: You can incorporate the following add-on covers into your standard Honda car Insurance Policy in order to enhance the protection against prominent risks with respect to your Honda car:
Personal Accident Cover for the owner, driver, and other named and unnamed passengers
Legal Liability Cover for the employees of policyholder travelling in the insured Honda Car
Wider Legal Liability Cover for Drivers
Ans: You Honda car would neither be insured against its depreciated value nor against its reinstatement value. Rather, it would be insured on the basis of its Insured Declared Value (or IDV). Basically, IDV is the second-hand value of your Honda car in the market. In case of any loss, the insurer’s liability is the maximum up to the insurance amount or market value of the car, whichever is lower. Thus, in case of the total loss or theft of the insured Honda Car, IDV would be the amount you would receive from the insurer.
Ans: The price of a Honda insurance policy is determined based on several factors. Following is the list of the factors that will affect your Honda car insurance price:
- Make and Model of your Honda car
- Age of the car
- Type of coverage opted
- City of vehicle registration
- Insured Declared Value of your car
- Cubic Capacity of your Honda car
- Manufacturing year of the car
- No Claim Bonus and claim history
- Add-on covers
Ans: Yes. You can also renew your expired Honda insurance policy online by following the policy renewal process.
Ans: Mostly, you will have to submit a self-vehicle inspection report to the insurer at the time of renewing your Honda motor insurance policy. But if you are renewing your expired car insurance policy then your Honda car may be inspected by a representative of the insurer, especially if there is a break in the policy.
Ans: Your No Claim Bonus or NCB will remain secure until 90 days from the expiry date of the previous car insurance policy. If you don’t renew your expired Honda insurance policy within this time frame, you will lose your NCB.
Q7. What will happen if I mistakenly fill up the wrong Honda car variant while buying car insurance?Ans: In case you have filled the incorrect model variant of your Honda car in the proposal form while buying car insurance, you must immediately notify your insurer, request a change and provide a copy of your car’s registration certificate as proof. Your motor insurance company will make the changes and issue you an endorsement letter confirming the changes made.
Note: This is your car’s recommended IDV as per IRDAI’s depreciation guidelines.asdfsad However, insurance companies allow you to modify this IDV within a certain range (this range varies from insurer to insurer). Higher the IDV, higher the premium you pay.Read More