- Rs. 5 Lakh Coverage @ Rs. 12.9/Day
- 7 Lakh+ Happy Customers
- 100%Free Health Check-up
- 10,000+Hospitals for Cashless Treatment
We promise limited calls
Need of Health Insurance for Senior Citizens
- DetailsWritten by PolicyBazaar -
- Hits : 5129 -
Modified 10 July 2017
Everyone wishes to spend a happy and healthy life and any severe illness can stop the momentum of your life. And with age the risk of getting ill increases rapidly. The increasing age invites health-related problems because of weak immune system along with lack of nutrition. Hence, senior citizens are required to take proper care of them to live a happy and healthy life.
Diabetes is one of the most common sicknesses attacking the senior citizens. It severely affects most of the organs. Heart disease is another common life threatening disease which requires regular monitoring of our food habits etc. Overweight and obesity are couple of other problems faced by the aged people. Cancer, influenza and pneumonia are few of the top 10 causes of death for senior citizens.
|You may also like to Read: Deduction under Section 80D for AY 2016-17|
It is must for senior citizens to have a medical insurance as most of them do not have any stable income or savings to face the big burden of hospitalization. Under health insurance, a person can avail best health services even in his later years. It gives you a boost to enjoy the aged stage of your life without worrying about anything. Insurance is a reminder set in the clock called life, reminding you of living the life to the fullest. Health cover offers best medical advice and medication against all health problems. It helps combating all expensive treatments.
IRDA has laid new guidelines according to which health insurance providers need to cover individuals up to an age of 65 years and compulsory lifetime renewability. Now the insured can get coverage for a longer period and he/ she can shift insurers in case of the insured is not satisfied with the current insurer.
As per a senior citizen health insurance policy, an individual can even enter into the policy at an age of 99 years. These plans cover the hospitalization charges, room expenses, doctor’s fee, medicine costs, ambulance charges and pre and post hospitalization expenses. The features of any policy vary from one insurer to the other. Senior citizen health insurance policies are big support sticks of your golden age.
- Most Read
- What are the Benefits of Buying Insurance Online?
Date: 13 October 2017
- 4 Things You Shouldn’t Ignore While Buying Maternity Plans
Date: 13 October 2017
- 10 Special Tax Benefits for Senior Citizens
Date: 29 September 2017
- How to Choose the Best Health Insurance Policy in India
Date: 28 September 2017
- How a Family Floater Health Plan Can Be The Saviour of Your Family?
Date: 26 September 2017
- Best Health Insurance Plans in India
Views : 328108
- Top 10 Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 133614
- List of Health Insurance Companies in India
Views : 131844
- Top 5 Maternity Insurance Plans
Views : 77413
- Health Insurance Claims Ratio- Things You Should Look Before Buying Health Insurance
Views : 57654