What is Edelweiss Car Insurance Premium Calculator?
Edelweiss car insurance premium calculator is an online tool that lets you calculate the car insurance premium amount for free. The car insurance price is calculated based on the details of the car of your desired insurance plan.
Edelweiss car insurance premium calculator helps you calculate the premium amount so that you can choose the right car insurance plan that fits your requirements as well as your budget.
You might be interested in
How does the Edelweiss Car Insurance Premium Calculator Work?
Edelweiss premium calculator considers several factors while calculating the premium amount such as year of manufacture, NCB status, fuel type, make and model of car, engine capacity, etc. The premium of your car insurance plan depends on the type of plan you choose. If you choose to purchase the third-party plan then the premium would be lower and if you purchase a comprehensive plan then the premium amount would be higher.
Edelweiss Car Insurance Company lets you customize your insurance policy. You can add different riders and enhance the coverage. You get several add-on options such as zero-depreciation, engine protection covers but these add-ons come at an extra cost that will be added to your existing premium amount.
Edelweiss premium calculator determines all these things before calculating the premium amount that you’ll pay to get the maximum coverage for your car.
Edelweiss car insurance premium calculator uses the following formula to calculate the premium amount:
(Own Damage Premium – No Claim Bonus) + Liability Premium
How to use the Edelweiss Car Insurance Premium Calculator?
- Step 1: To use the car insurance premium calculator, visit the Edelweiss General Insurance Company Ltd. then go on the premium calculator page.
- Step 2: Fill in the required details such as Name, contact number, Address, Email ID
- Step 3:Select the make and model of your car, manufacturing year, location of RTO where the car got registered.
- Step 4: Select a plan of your choice
- Step 5: Now you can click on “Calculate” then it will show the premium amount based on your plan and add-ons.
Benefits of Edelweiss Car Insurance Premium Calculator
- Calculates IDV: Edelweiss Car insurance premium calculator calculates the right insured declared value for your car. The IDV is the amount you get as compensation when you raise a claim in case of total damage or theft.
- Let You Determine Cost-effective Plan: With the help of an online premium calculator, you get an idea of the amount that you will have to pay to get insured and this feature lets you make a wise and cost-effective choice.
- Hassle-free & Easy Process: When you plan to purchase a car insurance plan then you will not have to rely on an agent’s knowledge of the car insurance plan. You can easily go on to the EdelweissGeneral Insurance Company Limited’s website, choose the plan that suits your requirements and use the Edelweiss Car insurance premium calculator to calculate the premium amount at the comfort of your home.
Factors Affecting Car Insurance Premium
- Brand, make, and model of the vehicle: Make and model of the car and the manufacturing year can affect the premium rate of your insurance. If you have an expensive luxury car then the premium amount would be higher because the parts of that car would be expensive as well than that of a budget car.
- Insured Declared Value: IDV is the current value of the car in the market and it is the compensation amount that you get when you raise a claim if the car gets stolen or suffers a total loss. This means the higher your IDV the higher the premium amount you will have to pay.
- Manufacturing Year: If you have an old car then the premium amount of your car would be lower than that of the premium amount of a new car.
- City of registration: If your car is registered in an RTO that is located in a Tier 1 city then the premium amount would be higher than that of Tier 2 or 3 cities.
- The engine of the car: The more powerful and advanced engine of a car the higher would be its maintenance, hence the premium amount would be higher as well.
- Anti-theft device: When you purchase a car insurance plan the company sends an inspector to inspect your car and if your car has an anti-theft device installed which states that there are very less chances of this car being stolen and he will take this feature into account and the insurance premium would be lower.
- Add-on cover/Riders: The add-ons that you purchase to enhance the coverage of your car insurance increase the premium amount of the car insurance plan because these add-ons come with an added cost.
Car Premium Calculator Insurers
Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Premium Calculator
Bharti AXA Car Insurance Premium Calculator
Chola MS Car Insurance Premium Calculator
Digit Car Insurance Premium Calculator
Future Generali Car Insurance Premium Calculator
IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance Premium Calculator
Kotak Mahindra Car Insurance Premium Calculator
Liberty Car Insurance Premium Calculator
National Car Insurance Premium Calculator
New India Assurance Car Insurance Premium Calculator
Oriental Car Insurance Premium Calculator
Raheja QBE Car Insurance Premium Calculator
Reliance Car Insurance Premium Calculator
Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Premium Calculator
SBI Car Insurance Premium Calculator
Shriram Car Insurance Premium Calculator
Tata AIG Car Insurance Premium Calculator
United India Car Insurance Premium Calculator
Universal Sompo Car Insurance Premium Calculator
Ans: If you have installed an anti-theft device then it would decrease the premium amount of your desired car insurance policy.
Ans: You have to enter details like Name, your car’s make and model, manufacturing year, RTO location where the car got registered, Address and contact details like phone number and emai ID.
Find similar car insurance quotes by body type
Note: This is your car’s recommended IDV as per IRDAI’s depreciation guidelines.asdfsad However, insurance companies allow you to modify this IDV within a certain range (this range varies from insurer to insurer). Higher the IDV, higher the premium you pay.