Benefits of Edelweiss Third Party Car Insurance
The third-party insurance policy offered by edelweiss comes with a range of benefits for the policyholders. Here is the list of benefits of the Edelweiss third party motor insurance:
- The plan provides coverage for third-party property damages if it is caused by the insured car. The coverage amount offered for third-party property damages is up to 7.5 lakh rupees.
- The third-party car insurance of the insurance company covers the bodily injury, death, or disability caused to the third party by the insured car. The coverage amount for this case is determined by a court after proper verification.
- The premium rates of Edelweiss third-party car insurance are pocket-friendly.
- The insurance company has a hassle-free claim process, which makes it one of the popular options in the market.
How to Claim for Edelweiss Third-Party Car Insurance?
Though the claiming process of edelweiss car insurance is very simple, you should know it to make the claims with ease. The claim can be made in a cashless method or reimbursement method. Here is the complete process to raise a claim under the Edelweiss third party car insurance.
Cashless Claim Process
- You should inform the company as soon as possible through the toll-free number 1800 12000 in case of an accident caused by the insured car. You also may need to provide some information about your vehicle.
- If there is any accidental injury or disability to the third party, you can inform the insurance company and admit the person to any of the network hospitals.
- In case there is any property damage, the officials of the insurance company will inspect it to estimate the loss. This claim gets settled when a court decides the actual loss of property of the third party.
- If the person dies, the company provides compensation depending on the income of the person.
- Then, the insurance company will clear the medical bills of the third party with the network hospital without giving you any financial burden.
- In case you have any additional coverage like personal accident cover, roadside assistance, own vehicle damage cover, etc., those benefits will be provided by the insurance company.
Reimbursement Claim Process
The reimbursement claim process is almost the same as the cashless claim. But in this case, you will need to pay the bills on your own. Then you can raise the reimbursement claim by providing all the necessary documents to the company.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans: Third-party car insurance lets you meet the financial liabilities of the third party in case of an accident. Apart from that, it is essential for every car as per the rules of the Indian government.
Ans: No, the coverage of a third-party car insurance plan can’t be increased.
Note: This is your car’s recommended IDV as per IRDAI’s depreciation guidelines.asdfsad However, insurance companies allow you to modify this IDV within a certain range (this range varies from insurer to insurer). Higher the IDV, higher the premium you pay.Read More