Edelweiss car insurance offers policies that cover your accidents, damage to the car, and injury to third-party individuals and their property. Aside from that, comprehensive vehicle insurance includes personal accident coverage for one rider who is not the policyholder.
Benefits of Edelweiss Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy
The following are some of the perks offered by Edelweiss comprehensive car insurance to its customers:
- The car insurance policyholder is relieved of third-party responsibility and own-damage cost by the insurer.
- Extensive coverage is ensured by the availability of a range of add-on solutions.
- Network garages throughout India provide cashless maintenance and repair services.
- There is a competent customer care service available.
- The claim settlement process is quick and straightforward.
Other benefits of a comprehensive car insurance policy include access to an extensive network of cashless garages, knowledgeable and qualified customer service employees, and various premium savings options to help policyholders get the most out of their insurance coverage.
Claim Process of Edelweiss Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy
- As quickly as feasible, one needs to notify the insurer. All one has to do is to phone Edelweiss at 1800 12000, which is a toll-free number. One has to keep their car documentation handy, as the insurance executive may ask for a few car specifics.
- A representative from the firm will contact them and update them on the next steps. The claim will be initiated, and a claim strategy team will handle the remainder.
- If your automobile is safe to drive, you may take it to an Edelweiss-affiliated workshop and file a claim; Edelweiss will handle the claim payment.
- Edelweiss also offers roadside support if your car is unable to drive (RSA). After the claim is appropriately registered, surveyors will be appointed to assess the situation within 24 hours.
- Following the inspection, the inspector will provide the firm with a damage report, and one will be required to provide all relevant papers to complete the claim payout. Policyholders can use cashless claim solutions, and the firm will pay towing costs up to a maximum of Rs.1500.
- After paying the required deductibles, the firm will pay the reasonable claim amount immediately to the network garage, and you will be able to pick up your car.
Edelweiss Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy FAQs
Ans: The ease with which a policyholder may settle a claim is an essential factor in any auto insurance policy. Edelweiss General Insurance has become known for its reputation for quick and painless claim payments.
Ans: Like all general insurance carriers, Edelweiss General Insurance provides its customers with an NCB reduction on the vehicle damage rates. If no claim is submitted for 5 years, the reduction might be up to 50% of the damage.
Ans: The wear and tear of auto parts and losses caused by war and nuclear threats are not covered by any of the Edelweiss Car Insurance policies. Furthermore, the regular auto insurance coverage does not cover any mechanical or electrical damages caused to the vehicle under insurance.
Ans: An endorsement provides all information about any modifications made to the policy documentation, like the insured's name, authorized phone number, and address. One has to inform the insurer about any such changes to get them registered.
Disclaimer: Policybazaar does not endorse, rate, or recommend any particular insurer or insurance product offered by an insurer.
*All savings are provided by the insurer as per the IRDAI approved insurance plan. Standard T&C apply.
“Tax benefit is subject to changes in tax laws. Standard T&C apply.”
Note: This is your car’s recommended IDV as per IRDAI’s depreciation guidelines.asdfsad However, insurance companies allow you to modify this IDV within a certain range (this range varies from insurer to insurer). Higher the IDV, higher the premium you pay.Read More