The insurer also makes sure that the IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance Claim process settles as soon as possible so that plan holders can meet all liabilities.
How to Claim IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance?
Claim process of IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance involves many steps, but with fast customer services, the entire process becomes easy and convenient. Down below are various steps to follow:
- If one is met with an unfortunate car accident, they must start the car insurance claim process soon after the accident. The accident can result in a collision with another vehicle, property destruction, hitting someone, or even death of a person.
- Write down all the essential information regarding the incident, even the minor details. Click pictures of the scene and the vehicle involved in the accident. It is crucial to keep all the records regarding the incident because sometimes small details can impact the claim process. If possible, ask eyewitnesses for their contact details if the accident was caused by someone else. The insurer may contact them to gain more information about the incident.
- Once all the information is collected, contact the insurer and inform them about the incident. Follow the procedure of car insurance claimsas stated by the insurer.
How to File for IFFCO Tokio car insurance?
The claim filing procedure varies from one incident to another, but here are the steps that will help an individual to understand the overall procedure.
- The plan holder must inform the insurer about the loss or damage immediately.
- As soon as the insurer receives claim intimation, the insurer will send a claim form.
- Enter all the details with complete accuracy with an estimated amount of loss incurred.
- The insurer will send a person to inspect the damaged car to estimate the loss. If the loss is very high, a specialist surveyor will be sent.
- The plan holder will now have to submit documents regarding the loss.
- Once both parties agreeon the settlement amount, the claim will be settled.
- As mentioned in the policy documents, excess expenses incurred by the insurer will be deducted from the claim amount.
Documents Required to Claim IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance
To file a claim, one will require to submit certain documents to the insurer for verification purposes. Here is the list of documents required to file the IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance Claim
- Copy of the car's registration certificate.
- Copy of the driver's license.
- Copy of the FIR.
- Copy of the car insurance policy
- Letter address to the RTO
IFFCO Tokio car insurance FAQs
Ans: No, the procedure changes from one incident to another. The insurer can also ask for specific documents in special cases. For detailed information about the settlement process, please visit the official website of the insurer.
ANs: Claim intimation, also known as the first notification of loss, is the first step of notifying the insurer about the claim. If the insurer accepts the claim, then the procedure of payout can be started.
Ans: The premium of car insurance depends on factors like the engine's cubic capacity, fuel type, place of residence, price of the car, etc. Also, online purchase of insurance will fetch lower premiums.
Note: This is your car’s recommended IDV as per IRDAI’s depreciation guidelines.asdfsad However, insurance companies allow you to modify this IDV within a certain range (this range varies from insurer to insurer). Higher the IDV, higher the premium you pay.Read More